Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

they waited already too long.
the single (STTR) should have been released a few days after the xperia promo.

maybe they will release it @phones release date and show the ad on TV.

they waited already too long.
the single (STTR) should have been released a few days after the xperia promo.

maybe they will release it @phones release date and show the ad on TV.

It's not too late. The song has been out there for years. A few more weeks won't hurt. Keep the faith, it's coming, most likely when we least expect it.

when the details of the album are announced i'm having a discussion with the workers at my local HMV Music/Video store to plan a launch party and i will be sending out invites & displaying promo posters all over the city..

There was no reason for it to be released directly after the Experia add. IMO. That would take way from views which was the purpose of them using MJ. he draws. it is a partnership and it wouldn't be fair to Experia to directly release the song. It was used to create interest and cause excitement. for both the phone and a new MJ music.

Being they just called Timbo in for a meeting, they may be discussing and planning how they are going to roll it out . He will play a big part in helping to promote it.. Something is up .. being he announced he was going to this meeting . I'm sure he has had other meetings with them before being they just released his track on the add. but this one he announced publicly for some reason .. Means something is up and that causes excitement and anticipation for me. :) We will all be happy and surprised when it pops

When the album does drop, I'm just gonna go buy it. Nothing big. Tell some of my friends about it, share the news, et cetera. That's it though. Keep the big events to the Estate.

already been posted several times in here, to which we have no confirmation from the estate. they denied these claims made by sky news.

They also said MJ was singing on the Cascio tracks lol

Please keep Cascio chat out of this thread, lets not have all that controversy ruin the excitement for the new album, if you want to talk Cascio please keep it in the great debate thread.

looks as though the sony meeting has just finished or is about to begin.. he just posted a pic of him at the barbers.. interesting times!!!

Friends! How about having some sum up of the information we have to this moment let's say at least once a week?

Let me start...

--- UPDATE 03.11.2014 ---
Album title: unknown
Release date:
unknown, April 2014
Producers involved: Timbaland, Dr. Freeze
Tracks:
- Slave To The Rhythm
- Chicago

Friends! How about having some sum up of the information we have to this moment let's say at least once a week?

Let me start...

Release date:
unknown, April 2014
Tracks:
- Slave To The Rhythm
- Chicago

add Brad Buxer to the producers as he has been known to be working on this for a while.. also, Michael Prince as sound Recording engineer, A Place With No Name & Blue Gangsta until confirmed to be otherwise.

----> My Edit of the Information

Last edited:

Let me start...

Release date:
unknown, April 2014
Tracks:
- Slave To The Rhythm
- Chicago

Dr. Freeze is not involved, just his songs. Maybe Timbaland is doing his songs too. Or John McClain.

How many times does this have to be said? CHICAGO IS NOT A CONFIRMED SONG. TIMBALAND SAID HE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT BE THE FIRST SINGLE. It's just like when T.I. earlier in 2013 said he recorded a song titled Goodbye Homie with Justin Timberlake that he wanted on his new album. That was never released.

How many times does this have to be said? CHICAGO IS NOT A CONFIRMED SONG. TIMBALAND SAID HE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT BE THE FIRST SINGLE. It's just like when T.I. earlier in 2013 said he recorded a song titled Goodbye Homie with Justin Timberlake that he wanted on his new album. That was never released.

I'll personally send you $100 if it's not on there.

I disagree. Chicago will be on the album 1000%.

I think if Timbo thinks it should be a single, it's good enough to compete with current chart action.
So personally I doubt the Estate would go against The Producers (Timbaland etc) and will include it in the final cut for the album.

Wow in April maybe. When ever it is release i will be get it.

I hope soo much we will hear something official this month. Hopefully March will be the month!!
Can't wait for track-list, cover art, release date etc.

I am with you on this.

Since it's due in April, I would have expected the lead single (at least) to leak soon before it gets sent to radio and has its online "premiere."

Chicago is not confirmed but I highly doubt that they will leave that off the album.. I would bet that it would be!! If the track is that strong, the likelihood is it WILL be on the album. simple as that!! If Timbo felt so sure of the song to bluntly say that it should be the FIRST single, not just on the album but the leading single to introduce the album...

It may not be the first single, but I really believe it will be on it..

And IF this thing really is going to come out near April - it's pretty ridiculous we have not heard anything really!

ive been keeping an eye on this thread, but where are we getting april from as a release date?

Chicago is not confirmed but I highly doubt that they will leave that off the album.. I would bet that it would be!! If the track is that strong, the likelihood is it WILL be on the album. simple as that!! If Timbo felt so sure of the song to bluntly say that it should be the FIRST single, not just on the album but the leading single to introduce the album...

It may not be the first single, but I really believe it will be on it..

And IF this thing really is going to come out near April - it's pretty ridiculous we have not heard anything really!

I agree. - Which makes me think they wanna release it

1. - In june to "celebrate" the 5 year anniversary of his death
2. - In august around his birthday

Since we have heard NOTHING official what so ever I doubt it will be released in April. - Do they even have time to do so?? PR, makes the CD's, get them to shops, a single, deal with iTtunes, TV ads etc. etc.

I still hope we do get the new album in April, but I am starting to doubt it. :(

No date has EVER been thrown around by an official source.

You build up the myth yourselves. The only people that should be disappointed is the people that believe in it.

MICHAEL was announced on the 4th of november
MICHAEL was released on the 10th of december

in between we had:
-cover art & track listing
-streaming of BN snippet
-streaming of BN full
-streaming of first single HMH
-release of first single HMH

So there is plenty of time for action when the album drops roughly 4-5 weeks after the initial announcement.
Personally i don't like a long waiting phase yet again after the announcement (Bad25 got way to long).

my perfect timeline:

1st:Announcement of album title & some song names & mentioning of another important date (more details) the following week

Following week: Album artwork & streaming of 3 snippets of 3 different songs (being Slave, Chicago & ???) + hint at another date the next week

Next week: Release of full track listing, release of first single on itunes + preorder of the album + huge iTunes campaign, also twitter/facebook, fan campaigns

@ the end of week #4: Release the damn thing + interviews with all participants: Timbo, BBuxer, MPrince, LA Reid & all, Press conference by the estate & John Branca saying: "The music industry desperately needs a jolt & here you have it, THE KING is back! Two kings working togehter - even though our Timbo is a little smaller King, let's call him that, if he likes, because he did a great job, & stayed true to THE TRUE KINGS VISION as you can see & hear on the bonus disc full of all MJ untouched Demos!"

B.O.M.B.

shit just got serious

world go's nuts

radios play MJ new songs 24h

Last edited:

I've thought June for a very long time...

Now we don't really even know what's going to be on the phone do we?? Is it just STTR single or full album?

This is what I say about that..

IF it is just STTR the album most likely would be released in June.. First single out for a bit before the album released, picking up steam..

IF the whole album is on there than the album would have to be released prior to June.. Possibly April, maybe May if the phone releases end of April, reason I say this is because it would not be smart to release an album on a phone 2 months prior than actual album when within those 2 months thousands if not millions of pirated music would be done lowering sales of the album...

So my honest guess!!!! Considering we have not heard of confirmation of an album yet and the phone is to release within the next 1.5 months. I'd say the probability is higher it's just the single!! And if that's the case the album would be out in June very likely with a second single released near that time frame..

I would like the album to be released on the phone that way we get the album faster but.... We will see!

I think we will get the album this year. - Optimistic I know, but just my guess.... :lol:

^ Why doesn't anyone give hess $100 on a bet for that one?? lol

Back