Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

I heard the new snippet of STTR and I think it is great, I didn't like the previous one because it seemed very unpolished and raw, this is one is finished. It is so typical, though of MJ fans, unfortunately to be so negative. I am soooo tired of it. I am going to buy the new album (multiple copies) and ENJOY IT!!!!

Man, how good it is to read such a nice comment! There are still positive people around...
That's what i'll be doing. It's Michael, it's HIS estate (which means it's all that he left us, directed by those people he left in charge), it's his voice, his melodies.

So i'm gonna buy & support! Multiple copies of course ;-) I am gonna enjoy this.

To all the others: In my opinion you will only loose out on a joyful occasion, where we all could have something to celebrate & be happy about.

@ pentum:
Everything but invalid.

If your thinking goes like that, you can't buy anything MJ related anymore - because he is not alive anymore to work on anything.

And nobody can do, as MJ would have done.

Is any of that factual information? Because to me it sounds opinion based as this sounds nothing like a Michael Jackson song. The strings don't even sound like something he would've done.

And this is not opinion based? Because you know that MJ's strings wouldn't sound anything like that?

I gotta say: LOL

Question is: Would You have said that the invincible album sound like a Michael Jackson album, after such classics as Thriller, Bad, Dangerous?
Nobody knows how Michael would have sounded in 2014.
My guess is that he would keep his style from previous albums, which was: being straight forward, cutting edge, 10 years in the future, setting trends and so on!
So.. maybe you don't like what Timbaland is doing. But for sure he is providing at least some of the qualities Michael stood for. And the other producers will also do their best to fulfill this goals.

If you expect another Billie Jean, The Way You Make Me Feel or Black Or White: Prepare to get dissapointed, because even MJ did not sound like that anymore, and that was in 2001 on the Invincible record, not even on HIStory & for sure on Blood he sounded not like on his older classics.
How many people & not just some of the fans still to this day discredit Invincible. But if you listen to some Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars or the like, that's how MJ sounded in 2001, more than 10 years before (to a degree of course).

My point once again: Nobody knows how MJ would have sounded in 2014. And if you are on critical side regarding Invincible, my guess would be that you would have more room for criticism on a new record, either finished by MJ or a current producer.

+1!

MJ was open for any producer, even for will.i.am or redOne. he chose those with a reason obviously: coming up with a FRESH&current sound.
pity we dont have THOSE tracks yet, i bet alot would be "dissapointed" cause its not thriller sound-a-like stuff.

*edit*
i remember people saying, that darkchild was a bad choice. he'd turn MJ's music into destinys child and it would not fit him.....

Some Michael Jackson fans really do not like the idea of not everyone being totally up for everything. It's not just being negative if we don't like something, I'm not going to pretend to like it because people can't tolerate something that isn't completely positive.

Everyone can like or dislike what they want. I think everyone owes it to themselves to listen to the whole song or listen to the whole album if it comes before deciding if they like or not. Some people get negative right away before giving a chance or thinking the worst. I heard like2 seconds of slave to the rhythm and I haven't made my mind about it yet.

I think some people are saying that everytime something new or exciting comes along, some people just dismiss it or get negative about right from the start without listening or waiting for the final product. There is no reason to be negative yet. I can understand being cautious but wait and see approach.

It's like people don't wanna be disappointed so they just hate the idea of things before they actually have a chance to hear it. You heard about 20 seconds of what may be the final production of STTR. If it was the whole song or half of it - maybe u can be critical but it's not. But ok, I just hope (for your sake only) that you're going to give it another chance when it comes out as a complete track.

Not like everybody has to like everything.

Our personal likes or dislikes of certain songs does't fail the album. I will buy the album to support Michael's ongoing Legacy in the musical industry. And show them he is still a contender in today's market. Some say it's not important that he is #ONE... Well it is to me. After all they are His songs and he deserves that from us, for the artistic effort, hard work and love he put into these songs over the years. I want that for him so much and I want you the fans to do that for Michael.

In my opinion, Timbaland's version sounds like complete rubbish. But I'm not exactly surprised that I didn't like it. If you don't agree with me, that doesn't mean I'm being negative.
The music sounds very out of place to me. Doesn't fit with the vocals. Sounds like he literally cut out the vocals and placed them over top of random beats and random sounds made on a computer.

If we don't get demos with the remixes (which I don't think is happening), I'm not sure I will buy this. To me, this is not Michael's music at all. No, we don't know what Michael would be making in 2014. But people said the same thing back in 2010, when music in 2009-2010 sounded exactly as it does now in 2014. Not much has changed. And with these recent demo leaks (especially with Hollywood Tonight and Place With No Name) we now have an idea of what kind of music Michael was making in recent times, and it sounds nothing like what was on the top 40 charts at that time, today, or even within the past decade. Michael's music has a distinct sound that makes you say, "That's a Michael Jackson song" and Timbaland will never be able to capture that. He never worked with Michael and didn't know what he was after. I honestly don't believe a true Michael Jackson song in 2014 would sound like anything that's in the top 40 right now. I could be wrong and I might be, but that's really just what I think.

Hearing a 1 minute snippet of the song is enough to tell me what the rest of the song will sound like. It's not rocket science. I say stay true to the original sound, keep the original producers on the song, and give us something we KNOW Michael would produce based on that original sound. Not something we "think" he might produce. Because we truly will never know.

Say I'm not a true fan for not buying this or whatever. But I want to buy Michael's music, not Timbaland's. I gave "Michael" the benefit of the doubt, this I will not.

Question: For those of you saying, "You're being negative before you hear the whole song," what will you have to say when we do hear the whole song and STILL don't like it? If I could barely tolerate 1 minute of it, how will I tolerate 4 minutes?

Last edited:

gif-animado-gato-lixando-a-unha_large.gif

New album confirmed on Sky News anyway. To be released on the Xperia.

innuendo141;3969274 said:

It wasn´t confirmed from the Estate.

innuendo141;3969274 said:

MJ Estate has responded

March 7, 2014

Hello:

We have received many emails regarding a Sky News story posted online stating that there is a new Michael Jackson album coming in April which will be available only on the Sony Xperia Z2. The story doesn’t contain any statement by the Estate or Epic Records.* This is because The Estate and Sony Music have not announced any information about a new Michael Jackson album. If and when there is information to be shared, we will happily do so. In the meantime, please remember that the old adage “don’t believe everything you hear” applies equally well to what is posted on the Internet.

Best,
MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

Our personal likes or dislikes of certain songs does't fail the album. I will buy the album to support Michael's ongoing Legacy in the musical industry. And show them he is still a contender in today's market. Some say it's not important that he is #ONE... Well it is to me. After all they are His songs and he deserves that from us, for the artistic effort, hard work and love he put into these songs over the years. I want that for him so much and I want you the fans to do that for Michael.

I'm with you on that one ALL THE WAY!

Just had a dream I had the album in my hand and Chicago was released as a single and it was the worst sounding thing. The song turned out to be a live recording from the late 70's that was never released. The music video was MJ singing in that one-off live concert. For the video they put Timbaland in it with cgi but he wasnt on stage he walking through the crowd in shots. The song tuned out to MJ singing only a chorus and verses only by timbaland lool

Thanks qbee

News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

Apparently the snippet has been pulled. Is there any truth to this and could it mean something is coming soon?

Timbaland has a MJ meeting and a movie meeting in New York, see his facebook

Hint "Grammy's"?

Possible thoughts:
The album will be released inside Grammy time so there's a potential we could have a Grammy winner here, or at the next Grammy awards there is a Michael Jackson tribute, although I do believe the Grammy's aren't until Feb of next year? So that doesn't seem plausible but maybe, they are going for the top here and trying to get Michael's name another grammy.

He went home empty-handed out of the last Grammys, I think a reference to that.

Last edited:

He went home empty-handed out of the last Grammys, I think a refernce to that.

Yeah, maybe. "Ain't no trophies for that" - he doesn't get any Grammy's for the work he does?

Maybe this means announcement tomorrow. :)

I just read that the album will release on the Xperia phones first (pre-loaded) then retail :S

Maybe this means announcement tomorrow. :)

way too soon. I would imagine meeting to be on Monday and with Sony - given that their headquarters are in New York. It could be the meeting to finalize track listing (good scenario), present songs for consideration for the album (neutral scenario) or it could be the meeting to determine/hire producers for the album (not so good scenario). Depending on what the meeting is for album release might the soon later or there might be months for it to be released. Even though assuming this is the final meeting, I wouldn't expect an announcement earlier than 1-2 weeks later.

I think he is trying to say that this next album will get him And MJ grammys...Kinda a way to excite us that the album is gonna be a BOOM...That's what his words mean for me at least

I think he's saying producing MJ is much bigger trophy than a Grammy since they snubbed him or something to that effect. But I could be wrong.

@tidus I thought so too when first reading it. Meaning and at the same time he doesnt get a grammy for the necessary background work but the music in the end will :)

This album won't win a Grammy. It won't even be nominated. In a realistic view anyways.

Back