Your Opinion - Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

• HELL YES!! He could have done 50 AND MORE! (please explain below)

Votes: 104 21.4%
  • Yeah, I think he was ready for 50, with the breaks here and there. (please explain below)

Votes: 248 51.0%
  • No, he was not healthy enough to do 50 shows. (please explain below)

Votes: 134 27.6%

• Total voters
I wish he would have been. Going by the glimpse we got of Michel during This Is It, no he simply didn't loo capable. That's tough on a 25 year old let alone a 50 year old

The only saving grace was that they would have had a residency for the 50 shows, so MJ wouldn't have been as tired through travel

Saying his age played a huge role, while it would.. a 50 year old Michael could have done it.. this is a man that spent his life dancing, and his job at that moment was to be in shape to do that.. so yes a 50 year old Michael jackson could make it happen...

But when you take the full picture, his severe sleep issue, what was going. In that bedroom AND what was I front of him. It made it impossible..

Murray was to go to london.. THAT is why he wouldn't have been able to do it, not the concerts he had to do..

I don't believe he could've done 50. Wasn't the original number of dates 10. He was clearly not healthy during TII...

i always thought that 50 shows are insane, that pressure must have been horrible for him.

10 shows are perfect.

If he had decent people around him for proper support, if the shows were spaced out more to allow him to rest, and if his family eg. Joe and AllGood Entertainment etc weren't pressuring him to do a tour with them, it would have been a breeze.

Last edited:
Compared to his other tours, This Is It would have been a breeze. All the shows took place in one area, so MJ didn't have to worry about dealing with jet lag and different time zones. And there were plenty of breaks inbetween each show.

michael bearden‏Verifizierter Account @MichaelBearden · 9 Std.Vor 9 Stunden

4- (final on this) Of course, we started talking about making the piano some big long crazy light and crystal covered piece that would come up out of the stage somehow. Lol. But, it still would be me and MJ. I was looking forward to that moment.�� #BlerdDating

michael bearden‏Verifizierter Account @MichaelBearden · 9 Std.Vor 9 Stunden
3- So we had plans to do at least 1 or even 2 songs with just MJ on the mic and me on the piano. And, we'd have a few options so we could switch up depending on how he felt. #BlerdDating

 michael bearden‏Verifizierter Account @MichaelBearden · 9 Std.Vor 9 Stunden

2- Afterwards, I suggested to MJ that we do something like that on the gig. Show the people you don't need crazy production value to move the crowd. He liked the idea and so did Kenny. #BlerdDating



Being that janet just took a residency at 50 in vegas...& fred astire & gene kelly dancing after 50...man hell yea he couldve! Personally tho....50 shows? NO! 10 yes with a recorded show or ppv show....oh man!

I will say that Michael looked much healthier in This Is It than what he did at the 30th anniversary shows in 2001.

Most likely yes, with the shows being spaced out, plus the fact that they would have huge pauses for tour dates and more breaks during the shows (new technology and those films that would have played before a performance)

Also it was at one place, not multiple stadiums with jet lag and on the move 24/7. It was one familiar place.

I'm not sure. I wonder if he planned to sing most songs live or use playback? He might have done all the 50 shows if it was like HIStory Tour.

I was gonna say no. but from seeing Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire in their 60's. probably yes! if the doctor said he was healthy for other people his age yes. 50 shows? i don't know. i guess with breaks. but i wouldn't say yes. Michael say he wanted to do 10 so.... i guess 10 would have been better for him. if mike was alive today he probably would be up there dancing and still making music like Gene and Fred. it would be amazing to hear how his new music would sound like. i know it would been fire! lol! he would been still blowing up the charts not like he still isn't today. ;) but i got a feelings his music would probably be on the ball. :D it really hurts we won't never hear how his music would have been today. ugh.

Last edited:
but Michael was not healthy before he die though. i believe something was going on and nobody saying anything. Michael was murdered and something else was going on.

The doctor who did his autopsy said that he was healthier than most people his age.

I hate when people say he wasn't healthy, when clearly he was. They obviously don't know what they're talking about

I hate when people say he wasn't healthy, when clearly he was. They obviously don't know what they're talking about

He might have been healthy but he still had insomnia. He didn't get much real sleep. It might have been hard to do the concerts.

Things obviously weren't all sunshine and roses during the making of This Is It, but I hate how some people act like Michael was this frail mess who could barely walk. And during Conrad Murray's trial everything from This Is It was shown, included footage that was never released to the public. And no one saw anything wrong with Michael there.

Things obviously weren't all sunshine and roses during the making of This Is It, but I hate how some people act like Michael was this frail mess who could barely walk. And during Conrad Murray's trial everything from This Is It was shown, included footage that was never released to the public. And no one saw anything wrong with Michael there.

Like when people say they can't watch TII because of his "condition" is just laughable

It was only 50 shows afterall - and with a few months break in between - so yes, I absolutely think he could have done it.

Autopsy showed his body was in good shape, nothing wrong. - MJ's mental state was maybe not the best, but he had 1 house nearby, he did not have to travel, it was the same place and many times there where 2-3 days between concerts, so lots of time to rest and get energi.

MJ had serious health issues. The autopsy confirmed he had arthritis, severe lung issues and we know he was getting absolutely no sleep to the point it drove him to delusion and shivers. He was put in a lose/lose position by the This is It contract. The 'This is NOT it' campaign by the fans who were with MJ at the time shed light on a lot of the issues. Some fans ran to the press to try and help MJ but AEG press machine was too much.

Those higher up in AEG thought MJ was falling apart and were thinking about cancelling. That speaks volumes on this, given the size of the cash cow.

There's always two different stories i believe he was very healthy before the tour because there videos out there that shows it. something else was gonna on and we probably will never know but he wasn't in good health before he pass though.

Re: So...do you guys think he could have done all 50 shows?

He was healthy. If done properly he could have done the amazing 50 shows. It was only fifty, compared to double numbers in Dangerous and HIStory.

HELL NO! he was not healthy enough to do 50 shows no way

This is worth repeating, I think. People need to remember that he wasn't going to do 50 shows in a row. There was going to be a 2-3 day break inbetween each show, and then he would have taken a 2-3 month break, and then he'd do the rest of the shows in 2010 with the same 2-3 day break inbetween those shows too. And he was staying in one location, so travel and jet lag wouldn't have been a problem for him.

The shows were spaced out enough for him to get plenty of rest and not overwork himself.

This is worth repeating, I think. People need to remember that he wasn't going to do 50 shows in a row. There was going to be a 2-3 day break inbetween each show, and then he would have taken a 2-3 month break, and then he'd do the rest of the shows in 2010 with the same 2-3 day break inbetween those shows too. And he was staying in one location, so travel and jet lag wouldn't have been a problem for him.

The shows were spaced out enough for him to get plenty of rest and not overwork himself.

Schedule was too much for a man of his age with his health concerns. Fans leaked to the press he only wanted to do 10 shows. He wanted one a week. The break looks like a lot but he himself knew it was too much.

Back