Your Opinion - Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

• HELL YES!! He could have done 50 AND MORE! (please explain below)

Votes: 104 21.4%
  • Yeah, I think he was ready for 50, with the breaks here and there. (please explain below)

Votes: 248 51.0%
  • No, he was not healthy enough to do 50 shows. (please explain below)

Votes: 134 27.6%

• Total voters
Re: So...do you guys think he could have done all 50 shows?

I dont believe michael wanted to do 50 shows, I believe he wanted to do 10 shows I think he was pressured to do 50 shows, my answer is no. 50 shows was way to many and to close together.

But they weren't close together at all... :scratch: It was 2 shows a week max and a 3 month break halfway through. This is a man who was accustomed to doing 18 month long stadium tours, up to 200 dates with constant traveling and several shows a week. The scheduling of TII would've been the least of Michael's worries.

IMHO, I think he could have done it. Like Travis Payne said the 50 day show is a stretched out in to 9 months...1 or 2 shows a week...so yes, I think he could have done it...if "Something didnt happen"!!!

L.O.V.E.
Romi

A Great Big Fat.........................................YES! ...and No he wasn't Skinny!

I think he would of done all the shows cause he would of had lots of rest inbetween. What i saw of the movie he was more than ready. and even if he didn,t he would of given his all to do the very best he could do. But i absolutly believe he would of showen the world a unforgetable show and no one could touch him not that they can now.

No way. I won't go into my reasons why because I don't want to hijack this thread or bring any negative energy to the board, but I don't believe for a second he could've completed all 50 shows.

It's a moot point now anyway.

But they weren't close together at all... :scratch: It was 2 shows a week max and a 3 month break halfway through. This is a man who was accustomed to doing 18 month long stadium tours, up to 200 dates with constant traveling and several shows a week. The scheduling of TII would've been the least of Michael's worries.

That was when he was in his twenties and thirties. He was 50 and had scarcely performed in almost a decade.

I trust Michaels judgement. If he thought he could do all 50 shows then who are we to doubt it. Now, you all say we dont know if Michael had wanted to do 50 shows.

That maybe true, but Michael still had control over the shows themselves. If he felt he couldnt have done them all then he would have changed the set list up a bit to suit his pace!

However, all 50 shows would not have happened. There are allways cases when shows are cancelled and stuff for one reason or another. Just like at his previous tours.

However, all 50 shows would not have happened. There are allways cases when shows are cancelled and stuff for one reason or another. Just like at his previous tours.

that's excactly what I ment with my post.
50 shows all going perfectly right? No way!!! (mexican flu anyone?)

No way. I won't go into my reasons why because I don't want to hijack this thread or bring any negative energy to the board, but I don't believe for a second he could've completed all 50 shows.

It's a moot point now anyway.

Go ahead. All opinions are respected. Do you know something we don't know...? hmmm lol :)

YES, YES, and YES!!!!!!!!!

He knew exactly what he was doing and this would of become the biggest world tour that has ever been done!!!!!!!!!

yikes...23 saying no...that's a lot of people... =/

Of course he would have... as there would not have been 50 shows... it would have been 27 and 23 shows with enough of breaks in between! Anyone saying something else is an idiot in my book! Sorry, if that offends anyone, but that's my opinion!

The middle option. Yeah, the easy way out, but still I think it makes sense. Michael had a good bit of time off between "legs" and never performed two nights in a row. I'd like to think Michael was well able for This Is It.

Of course he would have... as there would not have been 50 shows... it would have been 27 and 23 shows with enough of breaks in between! Anyone saying something else is an idiot in my book! Sorry, if that offends anyone, but that's my opinion!

*ahem* nice words please.

I don't get what you're trying to say though. First you say "of course he would be able to" and then you say he could only do 27 and 23 shows? i'm lost.

Yes of course. How many times did he rehearsed for the shows? Pretty much,so I dont see where is the problem.
I don't think MJ ever did a full rehersal for This Is It.

Of course he could...
he done almost like 100 concert at the bad tour and 69 at dangerous tour so yes :)
MJ was a lot younger during those tours.

I think he would have done fabulously. Cher did 100 shows or so a year on her Farewell Tour and she was around 60.

I have always thought he could have done the 50 shows. This was not a tour, he will not have to go from one place to the other, traveling every single day. He and his kids were to move to London to LIVE there as a family. All people in TII were not to stay at hotels, but at homes.

There weres shows every other day, yes, but I believe from the heart Michael just needed that first night to receive all our energy, love and support... and to see the eyes of his kids shinning with honest pride to give him the strenght and passion to do the 50 shows.

That was when he was in his twenties and thirties. He was 50 and had scarcely performed in almost a decade.

imho - Michael would definitely have been able to do all 50 shows. AEG may have scheduled 50 shows in one place when he wanted to do less shows in London and then move on. BUT, he was in control of the content of the shows. Michael was a very intelligent, intuitive, talented man. He has spent most of his childhood and adult life performing. He knew what he was capable of doing. He designed the shows knowing that he would have to do them many times. The dancers and musicians signed 3 year contracts. He absolutely knew it was going to be a long haul.

So, I think Michael designed the shows knowing that he would have to do them many times and he certainly knew that he was 50 and not 30. For instance, it was the back up dancers that were popping out of the "toaster" for This Is It and not Michael. As always Michael knew exactly what he was doing.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Michael and I do not believe he would have designed a show that he wouldn't be able to perform. Perhaps he hadn't performed an entire concert since 2001, but he probably has spent more time performing on stage than any other human being on the planet. He knew what he was capable of, he knew exactly what was required of him.

Of course, things do come up like getting the flu and stuff. But other than that, I have absolutely no doubt that he would have completed the concerts.

I think yes he could of done them, but not to the point of hell yeah easily.
I think he was hesitating about the shows as the opening show drew nearer.
Michael proved throughout the performances he could keep up with the dancers. His voice was in great shape. He looked like he was in control and enjoying doing what he had done all of his life.

But theres always in the back of my mind that there was only supposed to be 10 shows or a maximum of first 31 agreed which Ive read from another thread on here a few months ago. At the time I was glad it was all just in one place and not all over the world. I just dont know really. Hopefully some evidence will come about of what Michael actually wanted to get out of doing so many shows or what he didnt want to do.

Im just guna go with yeah he could of done em with breaks here and there. Which is actually the way it was.

I don't get what you're trying to say though. First you say "of course he would be able to" and then you say he could only do 27 and 23 shows? i'm lost.

It's not that hard isn' it?? Just think a little bit!

Everyone acts like it would have been 50 back to back shows and that that would have been impossible! But it would have not been that... it would have been 27 shows in 2009 and 23 shows in 2010... so obviously he would have pulled through those 50 O2 shows!

but I believe from the heart Michael just needed that first night to receive all our energy, love and support... and to see the eyes of his kids shinning with honest pride to give him the strenght and passion to do the 50 shows.

Exactly!

Yes because he was god's gift Michael Jackson !

anyway, there's one article I read after Michael passed. It said Michael did not agree to do the 50 shows instead he wanted to do a concert that would be filmed and showed on cinemas ?? correct me if I'm wrong. I dont believe it myself as I believe Michael would have wanted to show his fans him performing live..

I think if only 10 shows had been sold out, then Michael shouldn´t get the shows he wanted.
He wanted to do the best shows in the world and that takes a lot of money.I guess with 50 outsold shows he got almost free hand to get things he wanted, but with 10 shows I think AEG had said no to many things.

I don´t think he wanted to do just 1 show to be filmed.He probably would have needed at least 50 shows to be enough satisfied with one of them.
Remember he didn´t release a dvd from history tour and bad tour.

In the end of this is it he said he wanted to play with them( the fans).
He wanted to play with the audience,give a lot of love and get lots of love.

yes! and why are there two yes options and one no option?

-delete -

Last edited:

Yeh I think he could of!! Its not like he was doing shows every night.. as each show had atleast a day between them and some shows had more. Plus the long break from September to January would of given him time off, and they were all in the same city so he didnt have to travel all around the world like on his previous tours.

If he didn't want to do so many though I think he could of done 10 - 20 shows in a stadium instead, like wembley which could hold over 3 times as many people as the o2! but i still think he could of done the 50 :)

Its funny, when he was alive I didnt hear anyone saying they didnt think he could do them.

Were you trying to convince yourselves or what?

Back