Your Opinion - Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

• HELL YES!! He could have done 50 AND MORE! (please explain below)

Votes: 104 21.4%
  • Yeah, I think he was ready for 50, with the breaks here and there. (please explain below)

Votes: 248 51.0%
  • No, he was not healthy enough to do 50 shows. (please explain below)

Votes: 134 27.6%

• Total voters
Re: So...do you guys think he could have done all 50 shows?

and another thing...after the disaster in Haiti u know Mike would have added more dates and all the money would have went to the relief fund...so yea i guess a combination of both answers..

I honestly think even Michael didn't know the answer to this question.

I'm sure he had doubts, especially in the beginning. After all he'd gone through, his confidence was shot! But as the show came together, so did his confidence and everything else for him.

Awww man. I cant believe what im reading in here.......

Michael knew his limits. He wasnt stupid. Far from it :S

Well, 80% of this poll believe he could have done the 50. So that's pretty good.

Awww man. I cant believe what im reading in here.......

Michael knew his limits. He wasnt stupid. Far from it :S

He was a smart man.He was going to have a bed on stage..

Of course Michael wasn't stupid.
I'm sure he had doubts, especially in the beginning. After all he'd gone through, his confidence was shot! But as the show came together, so did his confidence and everything else for him.
Maybe :). I doubt he wanted 50 shows (at least in the beginning). He said it to fans himself. So, only time would tell.

The thing is that he looked so fragile even before the concerts started, you know. Thinking about how he would probably even loose more weight during performances....that is a scary thought. I never loose my faith in Michael"s abbilities since he is the best performer in the universe...but still. I was just worried, because as long as I can remember, he never looked so thin BEFORE the concerts.
I miss him so.......
^^ my thoughts exactly

Last edited:

Yes, he could.
He wanted his children to see the stage.

hell yes, he was capable!!

yeah I think he could have done it, BUT the shows should have been more spread around and not day after day after day AFTER DAY.. come on now..he needed his break
like someone mentioned, after the disaster in Haiti I'm pretty sure he'd either 1. donate the whole thing he'd allready earned to haiti people, 2. add more dates and everything goes to them.. or 3: even make a charity song again you never know.. it was always in his heart to help

I don't think he could have done the full 50 i think he put too much on himself and too much pressure to deliver all 50 shows to the World, i think 20 or 15 Concerts would have been a more reasonable amount, 50 was just too much i think especially for MJs age to do that many shows, yes he could still dance amazingly well but 50 is way to much IMO

then how can u explain the 30 million dollar production of TII and the 150,000 per month for Murray....if the concerts were not 50 or more ,non of this could have happened or discussed between MJ and AEG.

but the question is Did MJ thought that the contract of 31 and more concerts was about London only or was for the two years tour around the world ?

because in the press conference he said ...in London...and at that time they were 10 only according to the posters.

I voted no. :(
Michael hadn't toured since 1997, and while he may have been in OK health, was he able for it mentally? We've heard with our own ears him saying that he found touring demanding, and that was when he was a much younger man. I know this wasn't touring to the extent he had done in the past, being in different countries etc, but performing so often is I can only imagine a tremendous strain both physically and mentally.
Mike would have been 51 when the concerts ended, and by some accounts he was struggling with addictions, so the exhaustion of such a prolonged period of performing may have got to him.

I wish so much that the number of concerts had been kept at 10 - a nice, manageable number - spread out over a longer period. Michael could have actually enjoyed performing each night he did so. Even 20 concerts spread out would have been acceptable. But 50?? Thinking about it now it's such a ridiculous number for anyone, let alone someone who hadn't performed in a long time and who was 50 years old. Michael was human. He wasn't bionic.

no because 50 is a LOT for anyone ....but in particular mj....who gives his heart and soul to each performance.....
it is very difficult for anyone.....who gives 1000% to each concert

Which one of his tours had the most shows?

EMERALD,

Michael was not STRUGGLING WITH ADDICTIONS, as you claim. Please read the autopsy report if you can, or visit the autopsy thread to get a better sense of his condition.

EMERALD,

Michael was not STRUGGLING WITH ADDICTIONS, as you claim. Please read the autopsy report if you can, or visit the autopsy thread to get a better sense of his condition.
Did you see the list of aliases that MJ had for getting perscriptions drugs and the number of pharmacies he did business with? There's a lot of evidence and coroboration out there that MJ had a drug problem.

EMERALD,

:( What I actually said was "by some accounts he was struggling with addictions" - that is neither saying Michael had addictions nor he didn't. I said "by some accounts," as in, it's a possibility.

Wow, you have upset me! :( I have read Michael's autopsy report. I don't want to say anymore. This is a delicate situation. :(

Struggling with addictions is not a weakness. Again, I'm not saying Michael did or he didn't. But if he did I would think of him the same as I do now, and respect him the same.

Last edited:

I feel so bad now for maybe hurting people's feelings or making people angry with the addictions comment. :( It's not my place to speculate and I see that. :(
I'm sorry to anyone who was offended. It was so not my intention.
There is no need for me or anyone to drudge up this kind of stuff.

I feel so bad now for maybe hurting people's feelings or making people angry with the addictions comment. :( It's not my place to speculate and I see that. :(
I'm sorry to anyone who was offended. It was so not my intention.
There is no need for me or anyone to drudge up this kind of stuff.

It's all good. I can see where the thought of him being a drug addict came from, it's being plastered over all the news stations. It may or may not be true, I don't know. I still haven't read the full autopsy report, just a couple pages so I couldn't make an intelligent comment regarding that. After all that has come out after his passing though, isn't it right to conclude that he DID have a problem with drugs? As much as it hurts to accept it, it's true isn't it? The term "drug addict" is used so harshly against him, all he wanted was some sleep. :(

It's all good. I can see where the thought of him being a drug addict came from, it's being plastered over all the news stations. It may or may not be true, I don't know. I still haven't read the full autopsy report, just a couple pages so I couldn't make an intelligent comment regarding that. After all that has come out after his passing though, isn't it right to conclude that he DID have a problem with drugs? As much as it hurts to accept it, it's true isn't it? The term "drug addict" is used so harshly against him, all he wanted was some sleep. :(

:(
The thing is with me, I would think the exact same way about Michael even if he did have an addiction. It's still Michael!! The thing with the media is they make it to be a negative and critical thing. As we know, they're looking for a quick buck as usual.

After thinking more bout the 50 shows, I have faith in Michael. He was strong. He could have completed the shows. All for love and his children.

NO!!

Not because he couldn't perform. He's the best performer in the world and the show would have been amazing!!! Michael always gave it his all while on stage. Even if he was in pain he never showed it. The show must go on, but in costs of how much???

I think Michael could have done all 50 of his concerts at the O2 Arena, and don't buy Michael's dad Joesph Jackson, LaToya's or Brian Oxman's view that Michael was too unhealthy to do all 50, and only thought he was going to do 10. Anyone who knows about Michael's career knows even 2nd best isn't good enough in Michael's eyes. He always was No.1 when he set out to achieve something.

Does Michael only doing 10 concerts at the O2 Arena, to Prince's 21 completed concerts sound like Michael. NO IT DOESN'T, if the view from Joesph etc was Michael thought he was only doing 25 or 30 concerts I could buy that. But 50 concerts sounds like the amount Michael wanted to do and knew he was going to do.

First of the the media and some members of Michael's family talk of Michael doing 50 concerts, like it was 50 concerts in a row. If it was 50 concerts in a row, even a 20yr old Michael Jackson wouldn't be able to do that, no human could. But Michael's 50 concerts were spread out.

On average he was going perform 1 concert every 2 days, with some a little more spread out. So Michael would have time to rest. With him doing a residency at the O2 Arena in London this would have been his least grueling tour ever, as he wouldn't be traveling the world, with different timezones and staying in hotels and playing more concerts in a shorter period.

Whats also forgotten is that Michael was doing these 50 concerts in two halfs. One from July-Sep 2009, then a 3 month break. And the next half between January - March 2010. I never doubted Michael's fitness to do the This Is It concerts as Michael appeared fitter than he had in many years, even if he was thinner than he should have been. My only concern was if Michael was going to lip-sync which I felt the credibility of these concerts rested on.

Watching Michael Jackson's This It It movie, I wasn't surprised at how fit Michael was, but that Michael had got his precision back as a live dancer which I felt he lost during his live performances on tour and television between 1992-2002 (I thought Michael's James Brown dance at the BET Awards in 2003 was the return of Michael Jackson with precision). And was really surprised and felt the This Is It concerts Michael was back to his best and a the age of 50 was even better live than in his 30's.

Even though Michael is only giving 20-30% of his singing and dancing ability in the movie, Michael Jackson's This It It, that movie is my favorite live concert footage of Michael from 1992 onwards. I just love all of Michael's movements and how he was also using his hands and arms more expressively in his performances. I think Michael would have made the biggest comeback ever, us fans would have been in total awe and the media would have praised Michael's comeback. I'm sure some concerts was have been canceled and reschedled and this would have made some fans angry, and given the media a bit of controversy they always like to add to Michael's name. But Michael would have completed all 50 concerts with changes here and there, and these This Is It concerts would have been legendary and the greatest the O2 Arena would ever experience.

I am still debating this whole thing with myself. It's really based on a number of factors:

- Was Michael doing this tour to get out of debt?
Michael was in terrible debt and was close to loosing all his possessions until Sony (I believe) threw him a life line. He was forced to take it, and because he was forced to take it, Sony had CONTROL over him, they were pretty much able to exploit him in any way they wanted to because MJ was millions in debt.

I don't ever recall MJ saying he wanted to do this tour, even Randy said in a interview on the extras of the TII doc that someone (forgot who, prob a business exec of sony) called Randy saying MJ is ready to work, that to me just sounded like he was forced. Because Sony rescued MJ from financial peril, MJ was forced to do anything Sony wanted regardless of his health.

A few interesting points on this:
- His family including Latoya and Joe had stated he only agreed to do 10 shows, where as Randy said he agreed to do 50.
- Furthermore Leonard Rowe also states there is no evidence to suggest MJ signed up for 50 shows. He also goes onto say that MJ couldn't hire his own people and many people which he had fired in the past had reappeared and began taking control.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO9-JxeDiWw
I know you guys are going to say MJ was forced to hire Leonard as MJ's father was watching over his shoulders, the fact remains that MJ fired people like Frank Dileo ages ago for some unknown reason, even though they were as close as family during their employment.

- Was MJ's health deteriorating?
We all know MJ's been through some extremely tough times, burns to his scalp, fainting, exhaustion, eating disorder, dancers feet, insomnia, depression, isolation and verbal convictions which can really destroy a person AND can lead to long term drug abuse. Whether drugs were used to help ease pain and help him sleep, he was in no condition to tour.

There was an article somewhere that insurance companies wouldn't invest in MJ during the o2 gigs because of his health. There were also pictures of him visiting hospitals as well and skin cancer stories were surfacing. Also, in a interview with Randy and Kenny on TII, they said that they to feed him because he wasn't eating.

However, MJ's chefs said he ate very healthily and only during July, did he start to look a lot thinner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9eNaElHdDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8vjzGqTkuc

- Was MJ planning to fake his death? Is this just a Hoax?
As I mentioned earlier, MJ was in huge debt, there's nothing like death to help SKY ROCKET sales, it happened to Elvis, Marley and Nirvana. But faking his death will turn out as a great solution as it would allow him to get out of the public eye and live peacefully for the rest of his life and help recover his debt. I know you guys will say, but what about the children? Maybe his children have greater access to him now? Maybe he's in disguise?

We all know MJ loved to dress up like in Ghosts etc and become something different, maybe he did fake his death and maybe he didn't, but one thing is for sure, he was king of disguise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akLBsd72jB8

Also, the ambulance picture was a fake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad7pzQ4_694

There were sources to say that in the past, MJ would submit his own pictures to the press to help increase publicity, I believe it was the oxygen tank picture.

Also, the smooth criminal vignette story was based on a man who faked his death.

Furthermore, TII I believe was shot to be a movie, yes his previous rehearsals were recorded for archive purposes but they were shot using one camera and one angle just like dangerous tour rehearsals.

I personally don't know what to think, these are just things you may want to take into consideration when debating this topic, basically his:
- Health
- Financial Status
- Intentions

I am still debating this whole thing with myself. It's really based on a number of factors:

- Was Michael doing this tour to get out of debt?
Michael was in terrible debt and was close to loosing all his possessions until Sony (I believe) threw him a life line. He was forced to take it, and because he was forced to take it, Sony had CONTROL over him, they were pretty much able to exploit him in any way they wanted to because MJ was millions in debt.

I don't ever recall MJ saying he wanted to do this tour, even Randy said in a interview on the extras of the TII doc that someone (forgot who, prob a business exec of sony) called Randy saying MJ is ready to work, that to me just sounded like he was forced. Because Sony rescued MJ from financial peril, MJ was forced to do anything Sony wanted regardless of his health.

A few interesting points on this:
- His family including Latoya and Joe had stated he only agreed to do 10 shows, where as Randy said he agreed to do 50.
- Furthermore Leonard Rowe also states there is no evidence to suggest MJ signed up for 50 shows. He also goes onto say that MJ couldn't hire his own people and many people which he had fired in the past had reappeared and began taking control.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO9-JxeDiWw
I know you guys are going to say MJ was forced to hire Leonard as MJ's father was watching over his shoulders, the fact remains that MJ fired people like Frank Dileo ages ago for some unknown reason, even though they were as close as family during their employment.

- Was MJ's health deteriorating?
We all know MJ's been through some extremely tough times, burns to his scalp, fainting, exhaustion, eating disorder, dancers feet, insomnia, depression, isolation and verbal convictions which can really destroy a person AND can lead to long term drug abuse. Whether drugs were used to help ease pain and help him sleep, he was in no condition to tour.

There was an article somewhere that insurance companies wouldn't invest in MJ during the o2 gigs because of his health. There were also pictures of him visiting hospitals as well and skin cancer stories were surfacing. Also, in a interview with Randy and Kenny on TII, they said that they to feed him because he wasn't eating.

However, MJ's chefs said he ate very healthily and only during July, did he start to look a lot thinner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9eNaElHdDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8vjzGqTkuc

- Was MJ planning to fake his death? Is this just a Hoax?
As I mentioned earlier, MJ was in huge debt, there's nothing like death to help SKY ROCKET sales, it happened to Elvis, Marley and Nirvana. But faking his death will turn out as a great solution as it would allow him to get out of the public eye and live peacefully for the rest of his life and help recover his debt. I know you guys will say, but what about the children? Maybe his children have greater access to him now? Maybe he's in disguise?

We all know MJ loved to dress up like in Ghosts etc and become something different, maybe he did fake his death and maybe he didn't, but one thing is for sure, he was king of disguise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akLBsd72jB8

Also, the ambulance picture was a fake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad7pzQ4_694

There were sources to say that in the past, MJ would submit his own pictures to the press to help increase publicity, I believe it was the oxygen tank picture.

Also, the smooth criminal vignette story was based on a man who faked his death.

Furthermore, TII I believe was shot to be a movie, yes his previous rehearsals were recorded for archive purposes but they were shot using one camera and one angle just like dangerous tour rehearsals.

I personally don't know what to think, these are just things you may want to take into consideration when debating this topic, basically his:
- Health
- Financial Status
- Intentions

^ Too much baseless tabloid like speculation ....

Michael was healthy enough to tour, his autopsy states that.

We have no idea what Michael's actual financial status was. But I strongly believe Michael's debts have been greatly exaggerated by the media. I'm sure he had debts, and could have been far more asset wealthy than cash wealthy. But I doubt Michael was close to losing all of his possessions. This is a man who actually owns both the publishing rights and masters of his own music. Michael's albums and music videos are owned by MJJ Productions.Inc, not Sony Music Entertainment.

Michael's estate solvent when he did, and hardly any of his assets have been taken by creditors, regardless of various debts that are being paid off.

As far as Michael not wanting to tour until last year. I doubt his reasons were purely fanancially motivated to pay off these exaggerated debts (Michael didn't die a bankrupt man) as reported by the media. If Michael was really broke (and these debt stories had been around since late 2001), Michael would have toured years earlier. Michael obviously would have done 50 O2 Arena concerts for money (what major artists wouldn't !), but his main reason for doing them was so his 3 children could see what there dad was famous for. And that was what Randy Philips said.

Joesph Jackson, LaToya and Leonard Rowe are not exactly the most credible sources. Joesph Jackson just was to sue AEG for his own financial gain (I don't doubt he wants justice for his son Michael. But I don't believe all of Joesph's speculation). On a TMZ video I saw of LaToya a month or so before Michael died, she was asked if Michael was healthy enough to tour. And she said he was healthy and that the concerts would be fantastic. Leonard Rowe who would have been way out of his depth managing Michael, tried to force himself on Michael as his manager via Joesph Jackson.

I find Joesph Jackson, LaToya and Leonard Rowe claim Michael thought he was only doing 10 concerts quite pathetic. Michael may have had an addiction to some kind of medical drugs (but he body was clean and fairly healthy according to his official autopsy), but Michael was fit and very lucid, not doped up with no idea what he was dong. At worst AEG may have worked Michael too long and hard in a short period of time, which may havecaused Michael to have insomina. Michael alive would have generated both AEG and also Sony far more money. Neither had as much to gain financially with Michael dead. I doubt AEG or anyone hired Dr Murray to kill Michael. Michael was killed by Dr Murray because he was (not Michael) in deep dept, couldn't believe the luck of how much he was being paid, and gave Michael either anything he asked for regardless of the risks (that's if Michael knew what propofol was), or basically gave Michael any type of medical drug as a quick fix to any sleeping problems Michael had. The bottom line for me is Dr Murray was reckless and incompetent when looking after Michael, and he should get far more than 4yrs and be on a murder charge for that. I don't believe these AEG/ Sony conspiracy stories regarding these concerts.

Only Michael's 3 children and Katherine manage to gain anything financially with Michael dead, and they are the 4 people who loved and needed Michael alive the most. I've even read posts on Prince.org were some MJ fans on there claim Michael's mother Katherine and other Jackson family members were part of a conspiracy to murder Michael. Once again, I find such rumours, especially using Michael's mother Katherine pathetic.

Michael's death is Dr Murray's fault and no one else's, and he's shown no remorse. Not even a sorry for not being able to save Michael's life, which to me shows he's the only person to blame. I don't believe Joesph view that Dr Murray is just the fall guy. I just agree with Joesph that he should be on a murder charge and get far more than 4yrs, because he didn't act like a responsible doctor and could have saved Michael, but he was just interested in saving his own career.

Michael filmed all of his rehearsals, and the picture resolution on the This Is It movie is not of high cinema quality. You can easily tell it wasn't shot to be a movie, and Michael's hasn't faked his own death. Conspiracy theories are not helpful.

Last edited:

yes I think MJ could have done it, but no matter who you are, I think you definately need to take breaks. I know I couldn't have done 50 shows in a row, but that's just me.

He was never going to do 50 shows in a row? There was a 3 month break after the 25th concert? And he was performing on average 4 shows per week. And not one show was followed by another the following day. If Michael was rehearsing every single day, I'm sure he could have managed a couple hours out of 48 hours to perform.

Michael is not an idiot you know............

If he knew he couldn't do it.....he wouldn't!!!!!

And he wasn't forced to do anything he didn't want to do!!!!!!!

This was the most powerful musician on the planet. Do you think he would cave in under pressure for doing shows? No. As Krishna says he wouldn't have agreed if he didn't think he could do it.

you guys forget that he was massive, although his debts may of not been that bad, I do recall events where his stuff was being auctioned and at the last minute withdrawn from the auction, which is reason to believe he was saved at the last minute. MJ was a big cheese, everyone in his circle were business partners, not friends, for someone as big as MJ, they looked at him as an investment and human being second. If he was so healthy, why did he die??? There was something not right, he was addicted to drugs for a reason, because he couldn't handle the pain and pressure, he maybe MJ, but he's only human.

I believe that had he seeked help and given longer time for rehearsals, he would've been able to do the shows. Keep in mind the tour was announced on March 5th and the first date was July 8th and they hadn't even gathered the dancers yet.

the debts ahd nothing to do with the shows interms of he had to do them because of that. mj had a deal in place from around 07 where the debts were being paid off from the money made by the sony/atv cat. all that money was put into a trust fund and went straight from there to pay off the loans.

this thread shouldnt even excist, the mans dead and u are all debating whether he would have got through the run of shows. gald thats all some of u have to wonder about. tasteless tactless and disrespectful

Back