Applied Pharmacy shut down

StacyJ

Proud Member
Dr. Murray Propofol Pharmacy Shut Down
3/24/2011 4:10 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Las Vegas pharmacy that supplied Dr. Conrad Murray with massive amounts of Propofol for Michael Jackson has been shut down ... TMZ has learned.

According to court documents obtained by TMZ ... "Applied Pharmacy has been shut down by the State of Nevada and will file Bankruptcy in 90 days."

The pharmacy shipped multiple packages of Propofol to Murray at his girlfriend's Santa Monica address in the months before MJ died.

I wonder why they were shut down? They are filing for bankruptcy and the State of Nevada shut them down? We need more details. TMZ is making it sound as though they were shut down because they sold multiple packages of prop to Murray.

Good question.. I wonder why they were shut down too considering propofol wasn't a controlled substance, but that pharmacist should've seen a red flag when Murray gave him a home address. The pharmacist said Murray told him it was for his clinics but he should've ran a check of the address and he would've found out it was an apartment address.

Good question.. I wonder why they were shut down too considering propofol wasn't a controlled substance, but that pharmacist should've seen a red flag when Murray gave him a home address. The pharmacist said Murray told him it was for his clinics but he should've ran a check of the address and he would've found out it was an apartment address.

Don't forget that some doctors have their offices in apartments in the city. One of mine has his in an apt and the other in a private house. As long as buildings are zoned appropriately some types of small offices are allowed in these buildings. In hindsight we could say they should have done this or that.

Gosh, Applied Pharmacy has a history of being raid by the feds, was it in Alabama in 2007 or N.Y. in 2008/2009. I don't know its the same company or not, but definitively cursed name...
:shock:

oxman is suing them as apart of joes lawsuit. so maybe something to do with it? chapter 11 ie claiming you are broke to get out of paying up in lawsuits. (unless that law has changed)

yeah totally agree. just fishing for reasons as to why they have shut down. if they have been shut down by the state would could be reasons. breaking of regulations etc?

Back