Underrated live performances

analogue

Proud Member
Are there any live performances of Michael's which you think are underrated? For me it's Another Part Of Me. That song don't seem to get alot of love for it's live performance. Michael always seems to be having so much fun while performing it and i love how it goes crazy with the synths at the end

Most people don't know about this one. He was scheduled to perform at the Soul Train Music Awards in 1993, but he had a foot fracture. But he still performed, while seated:

I think this is the only time Michael had to sit to perform on stage:) but still amazing. I remember when I first 'discovered' this video, I loved it a lot(still do) and kept pushing the repeat button.

Most people don't know about this one. He was scheduled to perform at the Soul Train Music Awards in 1993, but he had a foot fracture. But he still performed, while seated:

I agree with that performance. And I so totally remember seeing that award show when it had first aired. I was 13 at the time and I also remember seeing Michael coming up on stage on crutches. And I had wondered what had happen to him. At that time I was just starting to become the hardcore MJ fan that I am now. I so totally regret not taping that award show. But at that time I really didn't know how to record stuff from the tv yet.

Another live performance of Michael's that I think might be underrated is the Shake Your Body performance from the Yokohama, Japan Bad Concert. I really don't read any of the fans ever talking about that performance. I for one just so totally L.O.V.E. that performance. I just L.O.V.E. the you know that's nasty scene. I so L.O.V.E. the look on Michael's face. As he is staring at that guy doing I don't know what. I can't help but laugh every time I see it. I am so glad that I bought that concert from Ebay.

world music awards 2006!! i was there and his voice was beautiful.

to me one of his most underrated performances is '' Another Part Of Me '' :wild: it seems that Michael got out of controll everytime he performed it! :dancin:

Workin' Day And Night on the Dangerous World Tour.
Dangerous at Michael Jackson & Friends in Munich.
Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) on the Victory Tour (especially at the final concert at Dodger Stadium).
Ben on the Triumph Tour.
Rock With You on the Bad Tour.

Are there any live performances of Michael's which you think are underrated? For me it's Another Part Of Me. That song don't seem to get alot of love for it's live performance. Michael always seems to be having so much fun while performing it and i love how it goes crazy with the synths at the end

Another Part of Me performances are always great. My favorite Bad Tour performances.

The Dangerous performance on "Wetten Dass?" Not vocally live, but the dancing was even smoother than the MTV performances. So precise and fluid and the same time.

This!!!!

You could clearly see that he was more energetic than the MTV VMA.He was enjoying it to the max!!!

Another underrated Dangerous performance is the one at the MJ & Friends concerts.I loved the red shirt on Michael and the new intro with the spiked girl and the acappela dancing was amazing!!!!!

And the most underrated performance in my opinion is this,it deserves more credit:

Elizabeth I Love You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqCWL5VFTEM

Blood on the dance floor should included in the list. Many of my friends said he's just lipsync and the dance moves are not various. But I see a different way. Watch my performance above and u will see!

This!!!!

You could clearly see that he was more energetic than the MTV VMA.He was enjoying it to the max!!!

Another underrated Dangerous performance is the one at the MJ & Friends concerts.I loved the red shirt on Michael and the new intro with the spiked girl and the acappela dancing was amazing!!!!!

And the most underrated performance in my opinion is this,it deserves more credit:

Elizabeth I Love You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqCWL5VFTEM

Yup. That one, too. The thing with Michael is that you could put him on a stage in his PJs and make him recite the phone book- that kind of presence and charisma just can't be learned, just improved upon.

It's sorta like the the Monaco performance of "Earth Song". There's basically no crane, he's largely lip synching, tiny space- except for the amazing a capella ending that makes people grab their heads. It's the essence of stage presence and charisma.
(there's a more cleaned up version somewhere on youtube, just can't seem to find it)

The man radiates 600 % intensity, just so that even the least perceptive member in the audience even in the last row can at least feel 90% of it. Should be required watching in any conservatory.

The funny thing to me is that both Wetten Dass and Monaco are not brilliant in the sense of a magnificent stage that wows people- and that the camera work (especially in Wetten Dass...half the time you see people's backs!) is nothing to write home about in a 'spectacular' sense- but in both fairly modest settings he just has absolute command of both stage and audience.

And he simply gives it his all- in the most honest sense possible, he doesn't hold back and people react to that. And those audiences were not just filled with MJ fans, oh no. Yet- he left as the clear ruler in both instances.

Hair's flying, sweat is being sweat and for a few minutes Michael Jackson will convince you that truly, as he said- that in the end there is nothing left but the dance.
I'm not just 'entertained'- I find him much more challenging than that, actually. They called him a bad actor, :hysterical:, oh man.
He's not afraid of a little lipstick, or a good dose of pathos= ideally both at the same time.

Last edited:
Few performers can look as good as Michael sat performing in a chair, his performance of Rock With You on the Diana Ross show is neglected far too much.

The same editors who think Motown 25 was the 'pinnacle' and that nothing else came after "Thriller", perhaps.
All those performances you guys mentioned are know only by the fans, not the general public. the media and critics can't know about every single live performance he did. most of them are good, but those documentaries and etc, can't (there is no need) mention every single performance he did. Its seen by the viewers and it's known he was incredible.
and regarding, the few who think nothing came after thriller, f*ck them who cares.

wetten dass, vma95 weren't underrated at all. at the time they happened it was talked and praised alot.

the tours were also praised. but it's viewed as whole not by single songs.
the tour performances are something different and like i said known by fans or critics that reviewd the show.

U throw the word "underrated" to easily and on everything. it's one thing if it's general review of his carrier or the opinion of the public that nothing after thriller came. and that's not the case.

I hope you get what i'm sayin.

and yrmy 30th, please that so medicore like the whole show was.

Back