Jermaine & Michael duet

KgB

Proud Member
I have part of the melody of a Jackson 5 song but I don't remember any lyrics!! It's driving me crazy. So details- it's a jermaine and mike duet and it's super early because Jermaines voice had hardly changed yet. Every other line Michael and jermaine alternate singing. Heeelp! My bad if this is in the wrong category :)

I have part of the melody of a Jackson 5 song but I don't remember any lyrics!! It's driving me crazy. So details- it's a jermaine and mike duet and it's super early because Jermaines voice had hardly changed yet. Every other line Michael and jermaine alternate singing. Heeelp! My bad if this is in the wrong category :)

The only song that comes to mind is Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming, but I can't remember the song's lyrics either. Maybe something could be found on Google that I didn't come across.

No that's not it :) but thanks. It's really obscure.. I'm about to go through all of their albums haha. If its one of the 'unreleased' ones I'm going to go crazy. If anyone can think of it I'll be eternally grateful

Wasn't that the format of a lot of early J5 records? MJ on lead with a call and response section with MJ and Jermaine bridge.

Is it Give it up, maybe?

You got to believe in something, you got to believe me, give it up, give it up...
My love is true now, say me and you now, give it up, give it up...

Just say the word, and I'm screaming out your name...

^^ Jermaine is not on Give It Up.

As for the song I have to think about that one.

Wasn't that the format of a lot of early J5 records? MJ on lead with a call and response section with MJ and Jermaine bridge.
Yes. I am re-reading "Moonwalk" (AGAIN) and Michael goes into length about the making of "I Want You Back" where the songwriters had him trading verses with Jermaine-so they wouldn't get the verses too "twisted up."

Yeah it's not easy to find with such little information but it was unique in that they alternated singing nearly every line. I swear it exists haha. I listened to it a bunch a few months ago but I must have somehow deleted it! Thanks all

And it's also unique in that Jermaines voice is super high compared to even other early songs. He really sounds a lot like Michael. His voice is high but it still has that jermaine-like rasp :) that may not help ...

... Forever Came Today? Jermaine doesn't sing much.

That song has become one of my favourite J5 songs

It's not the one I'm thinking of but I love that one too.

FOUND IT. It's Born to Love You :) Jermaine's voice wasn't as high as I remember it. I love hearing their voices back to back. Sigh, J5 love forever.

I love Jermaine's baby voice haha. Time to listen to all the steeltown recordings again. This one's cute too :)

KgB, glad you found what you were looking for. The harmony the Jackson brothers had is unparalleled!

You may have not been looking for this one but, this is one of my favorites and Jermaine/Michael trade lines.

I love Jermaine's baby voice haha. Time to listen to all the steeltown recordings again. This one's cute too :)

I had an argument with someone about this not being Jermaine. laughs

Back