Brett Nicholas: Billie Jean Performance Review- Your Thoughts?

Dan

Proud Member
The entire performance, to me, seems to be greatly inspired by the first ever Billie Jean performance (Motown 25th Anniversary Celebration- 1983). But I also see a few moves and stances from the HIStory World Tour (1996-1997) e.g. James Brown legs. The Moonwalk, he has perfected and in my opinion miles better than the one performed by Earnest for the hologram, the Moonwalk itself I would say is the Dangerous World Tour (1992-1993) Moonwalk but also may be even the BAD World Tour (1987-1989) Moonwalk, you can tell by the long strides. The Toe Stand is a mistake we've all made at some point, it happens to me quite a lot, he just didn't land correctly that one time, so we can all let that slide (no pun intended). Overall, in my opinion this was a flawless performance and is the best Billie Jean performance I have seen in along time. What are your thoughts?

He seems good but I don't generally like to watch impersonator performances. I like that he doesn't try make himself look like Michael.

Personally, when I first saw this, I thought he was so spot on primarily because of his very tall, gangly body frame. Not because of the actual dance steps.
Most tribute artists are not as thin and angular as Michael, so this kid's body movements seemed more true to the real thing.

Back