MJ Last Time Live WMA 2006 - Media Conspiracy? Booed?

aurinho

Proud Member
Hi everyone,
last Weekend i was looking in the Internet and searched some Videos from Michael in youtube. I found the WMA 06 Live Performance....Damn, i was so looking forward in the year 2006 for this Performance. So i enjoyed the Video on YouTube and i smiled. Every fan was cheering and the celebrities too.
Few seconds after the video I think...lets check google for the news after the performances in 2006.

Every, really...every newspaper or media site wrote...he got booed off stage from his fans.

Now i searched in YouTube again of the WMA performance but for fan videos....there was no boos, so much cheering that no one can hear the playback clearly.

What do you think about that?

For me it's clear, the media decited the history of Michael after this performance!

Here's what happened. Michael came on stage. People cheered like crazy. Then after Michael left the stage, Rihanna came on stage to sing and people started booing at her, yelling stuff like "**** you" and still screaming Michael's name because they wanted him to come back on stage. There used to be an amateur video on youtube where you could hear all that, but it doesn't seem to be on youtube anymore, the only one I could find starts after the booing (I have the other one with the booing saved on my computer though, if anyone is interested). So, at the end of the show, they make Michael go back on stage, because it was so obvious that people wanted to see him, and people cheered again. Of course the media had to turn this into Michael got booed.

I read the news reports after the World Music Awards (I think it also made the television news), and every article said that Michael was booed and jeered off stage. It just broke my heart. And since it was the year after the trial, I also thought he was superhuman brave just to appear.

Around 2008, I finally broke down and bought my own personal computer (I worked from home and used the company one-but they had restricted access to sites we could visit). I found YouTube the next year and accidentally ran across that video that etoile 37 mentioned. I was watching and listening to everyone scream and applaud while Michael made his way down the runway-and suddenly it occurred to me that I was watching the very show that had been written about so viciously. Nothing could have been more the opposite here.
First time I realized that even the mainstream press could write out and out lies and get away with it.

100.gif

The King was NOT booed.
Everybody in the room was an MJ stan/fan that night.
People were going off simply because they WERE in the same room as Michael.
The media told an ENTIRE lie by saying he was booed.
In reality he was received like the King that he was/is.

The media also speculated hard if he would perform that night. So that didn't help to keep expectations low...
But Michael had no plans to perform and had no professional management / PR people at the time to handle those false infos spreading.
Asked about it on the way in on the red carpet, Michael had to deny it HIMSELF, but that was too late / not heard by fans already inside.

Next to that, when he finally agreed to come back on stage to sing along a few lines of We Are The World, he seemed to miss the first few notes, probably because he had no in-ear audio monitor, which he would have needed to be able to hear himself and hit notes right.

Noone booed when Michael was on stage, but media thankfully used a short clip of missed notes and said that he was booed off stage for that.

Similar thing happened in 1994 at the "Jackson Family Honors" show in Las Vegas, his first public appearance after the Chandler thing was over. The whole audience was just there for Michael with high expectations, and kept chanting his name. When Liz Taylor told the audience that Michael was not there to perform, there were some friendly booes. So media happily made "Jackson got booed" out of that.

Last edited:
etoile 37;4182759 said:
Here's what happened. Michael came on stage. People cheered like crazy. Then after Michael left the stage, Rihanna came on stage to sing and people started booing at her, yelling stuff like "**** you" and still screaming Michael's name because they wanted him to come back on stage. There used to be an amateur video on youtube where you could hear all that, but it doesn't seem to be on youtube anymore, the only one I could find starts after the booing (I have the other one with the booing saved on my computer though, if anyone is interested).

It should be noted also that MJ was still interacting with his fans (seconds after finishing his speech for his Diamond & Guinness Awards) when Rihanna started her ‘Unfaithful’ live performance.

So, the audience got irritated by Rihanna’s too early performance & booed her.

In my opinion, this was a very embarrassing moment for Rihanna’s career in general, but it seems to me that the media did not really stress that (during the following days).

The audience’s boo towards Rihanna is pretty obvious from the very beginning of that video:

[video=youtube;2_9Z_XsbY3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_9Z_XsbY3w[/video]

The media also speculated hard if he would perform that night. So that didn't help to keep expectations low...
But Michael had no plans to perform and had no professional management / PR people at the time to handle those false infos spreading.
Asked about it on the way in on the red carpet, Michael had to deny it HIMSELF, but that was too late / not heard by fans already inside.

Next to that, when he finally agreed to come back on stage to sing along a few lines of We Are The World, he seemed to miss the first few notes, probably because he had no in-ear audio monitor, which he would have needed to be able to hear himself and hit notes right.

Noone booed when Michael was on stage, but media thankfully used a short clip of missed notes and said that he was booed off stage for that.

Similar thing happened in 1994 at the "Jackson Family Honors" show in Las Vegas, his first public appearance after the Chandler thing was over. The whole audience was just there for Michael with high expectations, and kept chanting his name. When Liz Taylor told the audience that Michael was not there to perform, there were some friendly booes. So media happily made "Jackson got booed" out of that.

So the We are th World Song was spontaneous?
That make sense, because I was wondering why he comes with his Trophy on stage and sing.

I remember seeing a video from the red carpet before that event started and the press are asking Michael about him living in Bahrain and Ireland and it's pretty clear he doesn't want to talk about that. There's about 10 handlers all around him that sort of all stand there watching. It felt really weird, like Michael didn't have a team in control of what was happening that night with him.

Raymone Bain was working for Michael at the time, no?

It was completely expected that Michael was going to perform that night, so it was a PR disaster waiting to happen that nobody from Michael's camp refuted it.

I'm not even convinced the MJ camp weren't deliberately coy simply to generate column inches.

If only some MJ fans were not so keen to boo other artists, this would never have been a problem over the years.

Sometimes negativity towards others has a way of biting you in the ass.

Booed or not (which he wasn't) it was advertised and spoken about as if we were getting an MJ performance.... that is perfect storm for a 'boo'! when the artist didn't perform, yet tried to sing over a pre recorded audio...

Last time i ever saw M ... WMA 2006- Media Conspiracy? -**** yeah.

no he wasn't booed M was received so well the whole room wanted him to stay it was his night and the next morning there were those lies , BS headlines , * booed.*
..the media spun negativity like always

b0086edce36133b3277f845e6e85a825.jpg

Back