Austin Alamo Drafthouse - Michael Jackson Sing Along - Thrill the World

riskaa

Proud Member
I'm so excited!

The Alamo Drafthouse in Austin is hosting a MJ sing along every month from Feb till October. After the Sing Along, they are going to teach participants how to do the Thriller Dance. In October, there is going to be a Thriller dance extravaganza.

Any Austin fans? I'm going on Feb 12th!

MICHAEL JACKSON: THRILL THE WORLD PT. 1

Rated Unknown

This show is a part of the Sing-Along Extravaganzas Signature Series, Click to See More

OFF THE WALL, Michael Jackson's first solo album, introduced the world to the shiny suits and bright white socks that would become MJ's first calling cards. But it wasn't until twenty five years ago, with the release of a little album called THRILLER, that Michael Jackson really became 'Michael Jackson.'

Somehow, no other wannabe pop star before Michael Jackson understood how to harness the power of TV. Before Michael, music videos were just cheap promo tapes that showed a band playing a song, and maybe dancing around a little bit. Well, MJ would have none of that. He refused to even make music videos, and instead created what are still referred to as short films. He wove entire stories around his pop songs, and the world was transfixed. Twenty five years later, THRILLER is still the number one video on almost every list, and the cult is only growing.

In the middle of the THRILLER video, something magical happens - Michael and his date are surrounded by zombies, and all of a sudden Michael gets zombified as well. He isn't bitten or attacked but just seems to become undead by the proximity of the other zombies, and before long - he's their leader! Michael Jackson can control these walking corpses! But more than that - he can make them dance. And not just dance, but D-A-N-C-E. And twenty five years later, that THRILLER dance is still burning up the entire globe. Weddings, prisons, and graveyards - thanks to the new popularity of reenacting the Thriller dance on YouTube, we've seen people break into spontaneous synchronized dancing more times in real life than we have in movies like 13 GOING ON 30.

On the day of the release of the 25th Anniversay Edition of THRILLER, we're celebrating by launching our newest MJ collaboration - THRILL THE WORLD . We've partnered up with ThrillTheWorld.com to help them break the world record for having the most people all over the globe performing the Thriller dance at the exact same time, and we're giong to see to it that Austin leads the planet in thrilling everyone. Here's the deal - from now through October, we're going to have at least one MICHAEL JACKSON SING-ALONG in every calendar. After each Sing-Along, we're going to take the entire audience over to another club downtown where we will teach and rehearse the Thriller dance. Then in late October, we're going to invite every single MICHAEL JACKSON SING-ALONG attendee from the whole of 2008 to come back out and participate in one MASSIVE zombified dance party.

World, prepare to be thrilled.

Kid Policy: 18 and up; Children 6 and up will be allowed only with a parent or guardian. No children under the age of 6 will be allowed.

Screenings (click on a show time to buy tickets):
  • Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Very cool! And I'm excited too, even though I don't live in Austin :lol:

Finally something going on in the states!! lol
Texas is pretty far from Ohio, but maybe if I save up some extra $$ I'll go down there. :yes: For everyone else who knows that they're going, I hope you have a good time!! This sounds like fun! :happy:

Back