Thriller (Special Edition) - Human Nature

benscarr

Proud Member
I've been listening to the Thriller (Special Edition) album quite a lot recently. And I noticed that 1.59min in to Human Nature that the bridge of the song (which is the instrumental part) has a different keyboard/musical arrangement to the original vinyl and cassette that I bought in 1983, and the two Thriller CD's I bought in 1990 and 1999.

I personally prefer the original arrangement, and find the new musical arrangement quite weak. There's no point changing an arrangement of a brilliant song, even after 19yrs. I wonder what changes to arrangements or vocal dubs will be different on Thriller25. I hope the original instrumental bridge on Human Nature is restored on Thriller25.

I hadnt noticed to be honest. I'll check out sometime soon. Thanx

the only difference on the thriller 25 is that all parts of the songs are cleaned up and enchanged so they sound more clear and soft :)

I got a copy of the album now in 320kbps and I can only say that if there was some thing like HighSoundDefinition then this cd is that :D

the only difference on the thriller 25 is that all parts of the songs are cleaned up and enchanged so they sound more clear and soft :)

I got a copy of the album now in 320kbps and I can only say that if there was some thing like HighSoundDefinition then this cd is that :D

The tracks #1 to #9 on Thriller25 are the same (digitally remastered) tracks as released on the 2001 Thriller SE

I'm talking about the changes of the original 1982 mixes of Thriller album (ie the song Human Nature) that were released on various formats like vinyl, cassette and CD between 1982-1999. The mix on the Limited Millennium Edition - Thriller CD (which is a replica vinyl gatefold CD), has extactly the same mix of Human Nature as the 1982 Thriller album. Yet on the 2001 Thriller (Special Edition) has a different mix ie musical arrangement on the instrumental break in the bridge of Human Nature.

From what your saying, the mix of Human Nature on Thriller25, is the same as the Thriller (Special Edition), therefore it's not the original and better mix/musical arrangement. By mix I mean the instrumental break has been re-dubbed/re-arranged.

"Thriller 25" (released 2008) and "Thriller - Special Edition" (released 2001) are two different releases ;)

tracks 1-9 are exactly the same

@ benscarr:

regarding "Human Nature":
There is another version which is on every Japanese release. This version has another instrument in the bridge.

Dunno where you're living, but I suppose the vinyls/cassettes and CDs you bought from Thriller were no regular versions.

Because on every regular CD the track "Human Nature" is just like on the 2001 Special Edition.

Also on any compilation (except the Japanese ones) the track "Human Nature" is just like on the 2001 SE.
(e.g. Number Ones, The Essential Michael Jackson)

Last edited:
I've been listening to the Thriller (Special Edition) album quite a lot recently. And I noticed that 1.59min in to Human Nature that the bridge of the song (which is the instrumental part) has a different keyboard/musical arrangement to the original vinyl and cassette that I bought in 1983, and the two Thriller CD's I bought in 1990 and 1999.

I personally prefer the original arrangement, and find the new musical arrangement quite weak. There's no point changing an arrangement of a brilliant song, even after 19yrs. I wonder what changes to arrangements or vocal dubs will be different on Thriller25. I hope the original instrumental bridge on Human Nature is restored on Thriller25.

Ive never noticed, but now i gotta check, considering it is my favorite song on thriller

All I am aware of is the Japanese "Alternate Version" of Human Nature (that is what was labelled), which compared to the Thriller version, has a few different sounds. Before he does whyyyyy oh whyyyy there is like a flute sound.

Last edited:
@ benscarr:

regarding "Human Nature":
There is another version which is on every Japanese release. This version has another instrument in the bridge.

Dunno where you're living, but I suppose the vinyls/cassettes and CDs you bought from Thriller were no regular versions.

Because on every regular CD the track "Human Nature" is just like on the 2001 Special Edition.

I live in London, England and the Thriller vinyl, cassette and CD spanning from 1983-1999 are original/regular versions. The Thriller (Special Edition) release of Human Nature has been re-dubbed with a new instrumental bridge that, that is not the original. Michael has changed the instrumental part, just as George Lucas re-edited and erased parts of the original Star Wars Trilogy when they were released on DVD.

simonalvelos;1288056 Before he does whyyyyy oh whyyyy there is like a flute sound.[/quote said:
That's the sound I noticed. The flute sound isn't on the original 1982 mix of Human Nature on Thriller. I wish Michael would remove the flute on the instrumental part of Human Nature.

:clap::jump::wild::wild::wild:The Cd sounds sooooooo good my dad has this Bose surround system and when i tell you you can here every single thing and its already enhanced oh my god!!!!!!!!

Ben - Human Nature on my copy of the 2001 S.E. has exactly the same bridge as on all my other Thriller album releases. i think you must have come across a rarity!

I hope I've come across a rarity !

Ben - is your Thriller S.E. the UK edition ?

My Thriller (Special Edition) is a UK edition.

I bought the Thriller25 hardbook version of the CD, and the original 1982 mix of Thriller appears to have been put back in place. I really disliked that flute part that was added to the instrumental bridge of Human Nature.

can u upload or pm me that version as ive been looking for a hq cd rip of that alternate version plz xx

Back