Tributes and Memorials

Silouette

Proud Member
Across the globe Michael's fans are celebrating his life.
Tributes in the form of concerts and such are everywhere.

Would you like to share your experiences of any tribute shows
or memorials you have attended? Post pictures of the event or videos?

I attended a tribute concert last night (Tuesday 6-30-09)
And tho there could have been waaaaay more of MJ's music,
it was still a very nice show. Pictures of MJ throughout his years
were rolling the entire time and between the live performances,
his videos were played. There were also a few celebs in the house;
which was packed to the rafters.

There were so many moments that nearly brought me to tears.....again.

I love you Michael, Forever! :heart:

i hate this so much :boohoo i hate being 14
me and emma (em_mj) are so upset and i feel so guilty because we can't go anywehre we cant just book flights and go to neverland or anything like that :| i feel so bad stuck here i want to do somethngi want to light candles make displays and really honour him properly

:boohoo

Then do that Becca. You dont have to be there at NL
even tho I know thats where you want to be.
You can honor Mj's memroy right where you are.
Thats what I did by going to the concert.
I could feel Michael's energy everywhere.
Lots of MJ love ws shown that night.
I took a couple pics but they didnt come out well.
All I had was my camera phone.

I wont be able to go to the funeral. I dont think I want to go anywayz.
I want to remember him the way I last saw him...smiling.

Maybe I'll post the bummed out pics anyway.....

i hate this so much :boohoo i hate being 14
me and emma (em_mj) are so upset and i feel so guilty because we can't go anywehre we cant just book flights and go to neverland or anything like that :| i feel so bad stuck here i want to do somethngi want to light candles make displays and really honour him properly

:boohoo
Hey Becca,

Like Silouette said, you don't have to book flights to Neverland, go to the public funeral, do this that and the other to honor MJ and his life. In fact, what I'd suggest, throw a little party in his honor. Light candles, make posters, play music...if there is nothing going on in your town or if there is nothing in your town (posters, pics, t-shirts, etc.) being sold, buy some on the internet and represent Michael as much as you can!:yes: BTW, it's nice to see people your age coming out to honor Michael, so do whatever that can make you happy and keep him in your heart!

I am from Philadelphia, and just came back from a Condolence card signing hosted by 107.9 WRNB. I wish I knew some Michael fans in Philadelphia, as it would be a bit cooler to hang out with some of you guys at something like this. Watching the impersonators and seeing the kids out there was nice and heartwarming, and I did drop a few dollars on the posters and the Rest In Peace T-Shirt (the hood was out in FULL FORCE, lol):D

I just wish they had some red MJ shirts in my size...we need to all wear red shirts on Friday or something, Michael wore red like it was going out of style (plus it's my favorite color too).:D

Thats some good advice Sparkling9Souls. I hope Becca comes back to this thread and reads it.

The outing you had in Philly sounds really cool and I hope you can finally meet
some fans from there also.

Thats the only thing I hate about these events tho, folks making money off of MJ big time
but we gonna do? :(
I have to admit, I just had to have one of the T-shirts to show ONE way to rep my love for Michael.

The MJ impersonator that was at the show did a really good job. The crowd went wild!
There are other events scheduled for the rest of the week too.

My pictures are not that great and even tho I wasnt that close to the stage,
I could see EVERYTHING! I had a nice time but inside I was crying.
As the show went on, I cried on the outside too.

Visited Motown Museum where MJ and his brothers got their start.
6-27-09
HitsvilleUSA6-28-09.jpg

I know you guys got more on your minds than this.
But if you have been to anything in honor of our Michael, please post.

The picture I posted of the concert is much, much larger than
what the piture shows. Plus I was near the top so you're seeing a downward view.

*sigh* A week ago today, we lost our beloved King of Pop, Michael Joseph Jackson.

I attended a fan gathering last Saturday. These pics are from Helsinki, Finland.

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

dang we went to motown the same day too. So you should know what I mean when I say this. (Girl I know you saw those 1800 bottles right?)

I was the girl with the baby. Up in the front..

Lol! Heeeeey, Yep! Thats you alright!
And no you dont look a mess. You look nice and your complexion is beautiful!
Unfortunately, I dont recall seeing the bottles and stuff. Lol!

i haven't been able to go to anything either....but doing my own things in my own way. i'm performing in a show next week & doing a couple of dances to mj - they never play that kind of music at these shows so i'm looking forward to this little public tribute....up to now have just been going thru it on my own (oh & with you guys!! :) )

thanks for sharing the pics. mizz mina it's a nice pic & your baby is so sweet xx

Lol! Heeeeey, Yep! Thats you alright!
And no you dont look a mess. You look nice and your complexion is beautiful!
Unfortunately, I dont recall seeing the bottles and stuff. Lol!

i haven't been able to go to anything either....but doing my own things in my own way. i'm performing in a show next week & doing a couple of dances to mj - they never play that kind of music at these shows so i'm looking forward to this little public tribute....up to now have just been going thru it on my own (oh & with you guys!! :) )

thanks for sharing the pics. mizz mina it's a nice pic & your baby is so sweet xx

thanx too both of you:wub:

Hi Violet,
I hear ya on that. If doing your own thing works for you,
then it works for me too. I really wish I could see your performance.

You know what gets me is the radio.
It took MJ passing on for them to play the "other" songs
that we as fans know and love so well.
The ones that never get played on the radio.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090717/ap_en_mu/us_jackson_memorial_motown_2

Stuffed animals, flowers, letters and other items placed outside
Detroit's Motown Historical Museum in memory of Michael Jackson
will be taken to a cemetery for burial.

I thinks it's very commerable of them to donate 2 plots for the momentos.

And this broke my heart.....again. :cry:
Los Angeles--Michael Jackson's 11-year-old daughter, Paris Jackson, wrapped a heart-shaped necklace around the late entertainer's wrist as he lie in an open coffin last Monday at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles, various news sources are reporting.According to reports, the heart is composed of two pieces: one that Paris Jackson placed on her father's wrist and one that the child said she'd wear "forever."

The necklace was also decorated with gemstones that change color in response to the body temperature of the wearer. According to reports, Paris Jackson said "On Daddy, it will be blue because he is cold. On me, it's purple."

Jackson's daughter also decorated her father's body with similar stones, news sources are reporting.

According to the Israeli Diamond Industry news site, Jackson was laid to rest in a cream jacket adorned with pearls and beads, black trousers and a belt of gold designed with cherubs on its buckle.
http://www.nationaljewelernetwork.c...lry/e3ie3cb96740c26f80095035dc509b8bfc7?imw=Y

I love you forever, Michael. :heart:

653693407_5_HHbj.jpeg

Candles we lit for michael in London
653695203_5_xDHa.jpeg

Note we left in that church for him...
653701231_5_ir2b.jpeg

My card and bird at the O2 july 16
628779796_5_SM4e.jpeg

628765049_5_Yvuh.jpeg

Our private memorial on the beach of Ameland, june 26...

Ooooh Janena! Thats so lovely. :cry:
I especially like the idea of the memorial on the beach.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Dang! How can this be true?

Nearly a month later and it still hurts like hell.
I suspect it will hurt for a long time to come.

Back