PLEASE help me flag MJJ memorial tickets sold on Craigslist!

Starlight Sun

Proud Member
Horrible people are scalping their memorial tickets on the Los Angeles craigslist, even after they were told that doing this is WRONG.

Please help me flag ads so that they are taken down ASAP!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/tix/

When you see an ad from someone trying to scalp their ticket, click on the ad, then go to the upper right corner and flag as "spam/overpost". When enough people do this, they take down the ad. Lots of other people are flagging ticket scalpers, so the ads do go down with time, but more people flagging the bad ads sure would make them go away faster!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm glad there definitely does seem to be a lot of fans and reasonable people flagging the ads down. They're going down more and more quickly, so that you might not get to see them at all!

Some of the posted responses to the ads popping up are interesting. Here's one:

Do not fall for this scam in any way, shape or forum.

The ticket drawings were random. To get the tickets, if you were one of the lucky ones, you have to show up
with your I.D. in your name, and they have a list of the winners.

Anyone trying to sell you a ticket is scamming you. You cannot get someone's code and then use it to get tickets.

Only the person who's name is on the list can get those tickets.

Shame on all of you for trying to profit and scam off of others.

And shame on you for entering it, thinking that you could sell the tickets.

There are safeguards in place so that the codes and tickets cannot be sold.

And don't bother to send me hate email or any such other things. I live in ARIZONA, I have no plans to attend.

Maybe you should read the articles that tell of all the safeguards in place so they can't be sold.

But shame on you for trying to profit off the bones of Michael and his family. Don't you think his father is doing enough of that for everyone?

There's also some on ebay. They showed on CNN one going for 6,000 dollars or something like that if you Buy it now.

People are sick.

Ugh
sick people...
I just flagged all of the San Diego area ones...
But how about the ones on Ebay...
those take a lot of time to be removed...

Isn't even against policy to sell something more than face value at craigslist so shouldn't they be marked as prohibited instead of spam? But I guess as long as they are removed is what matters.

hmm nope so far none in FL trying this

first of all I have to say that this shit pisses me off. second. I have also clicked on every one those links posted. I cannot believe that people are still trying to make money off of Michael. There are so many fans that would of loved to get those tickets and the cums are posting them on craigs list. I have also checked my area and they are not selling them on there yet.

I just reported all the ones I found on ebay....so hopefully they all disappear...one I tried to end - was already gone - I had reported a few yesterday

OMG they are not being sold are they?
OMG...I would sue everyone who does this.....
guys in the US please keep an eye on this and flag all of those who dont have any respect..

No surprise. This was bound to happen with the setup of it all.

I am soo disappointed in humankind right now...
Oh Lord please help me reconcile this cos it is very very difficult

The way they set this up was really wrong. MJ would be so disappointed in this process

I just flagged a few as prohibited on CL here in Atlanta.

Thought I read the Ebay took some of these down earlier today. Now there are many up there, and there are people that are bidding on them. Even if they win, they can't use them. How crazy are they?

This is all so disrespectful........

I hate this whole process. Poor planning It should have been at a bigger venue. Everyone should be able to go. It saddens me that the biggest fans will be outside the arena :(

I know Eddie Vedder does it this way sometimes...with a lottery and you must pick up the ticket with a PHOTO ID matching the name on the day of show or no deal. It helps keep the tickets off of ebay/CL. Here, they have to do it a day in advance to try to deal with the madness I think.
....disgusting.

there was only one on st. louis craigslist and I flagged it.

I'm shocked to see how many of these tickets are for sale...

This is just too crazy. Real fans would do anything for a memorial ticket, while it seems as if most tickets just went to scams and frauds :puke:

I just flagged them.

I knew that some scalpers would get their hands on the tickets. It also appears that some of the auctions are for fake tickets.

Jacksons spokesperson and AEG need to release a statement ASAP that tickets bought from scalpers will not be valid and to warn the public of scams trying to rip them off at ebay and craiglist.

This needs to be repeated for people to know.

They should also ask these sites to take down such stuff, especially ebay.

This just reminds me why Michael refused to tour with his family. Because what results is chaos. Too many people strategizing, pulling this way and that way with competing interests, it becomes a mess.

If they had done the event at a stadium on teh outskirts and let fans come along, rather than downtown, it would be all different.

But now, it's downtown, no outdoor screens, no procession, limited fans gaining access and other fans being kept away.

They let others dictate what they should do rather than pushing for what was suitable.

Janet alone could afford to pay for a stadium rental for her brother, and even other motown stars pitching in.

But they decide to do it cheap, to go with AEG free offer and all the restrictions that followed. That's why their stuff doesn't last because Michael never took cheap routes.

There are really some sick people. This is disgusting. I've been flagging as many as I can!

Back