Brunei - Royal Concert...

Remington Steele

Proud Member
Hi,

I watched a short excerpt of the concert for the very first time today ("Jam")... didn't ever watch the concert before. I was wondering:
1.) Is the current Ebay DVD version better than the old (unsharp) version in all aspects, meaning the old one doesn't have any advantage (like different camera angles, better sound etc.)?
2.) Did you also like how Michael screamed at the beginning of "Jam"? Like a crazy animal that just got woken up :).
3.) Am I mistaken or does Michael have a few more pounds than usual? :D Actually it's nice to see him have a healthy weight...

Brunei concert is fantastic.

He seems so full of energy. He really enjoys himself it seems.

The Royal Brunei concert was done a few weeks before the HIStory Tour kicked off. Michael was at a very healthy weight here and he looks great, but his voice was strained or damaged. I'm not really sure what was going on.

And the eBay version is just like the old rip we had, same angles and everything, but it's an original copy.

can anybody tell me which songs were sang live??

i thought man in the mirror, beat it earth song your not alone, i cant stop loving you

:) Can anybody explain why MJ did a mix between Dangerous and History Tour that time?
Did the Royal Family asked for it? or what was it?

i believe because dangerous was done and history had to be beginning not to give anything away he did not use costumes from history and used some from dangerous.. so he did new songs but not with any choreo

did travis payne also danced there? im curius there never mention who was on that concert, marva is the only confirmed *singer* the dancers where they the same as later in history?

and in thriller it really looks like michael with the head on... i read somewhere here that that is a bodydouble.. is that true? also in this concert??? who is the double? travis? i mean the others look no way like michael in the legs..

Last edited:
I dont know about number 1 but number 2 I love it:punk: and number 3 I dont think he put more weight on its just he used the same outfits from tha dangerous tour:yes:

can anybody tell me which songs were sang live??

i thought man in the mirror, beat it earth song your not alone, i cant stop loving you

Jam: The screams of Michael in the beginning are (of course) live, the rest is playback.
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin: Completely live.
Human Nature: Completely live.
Smooth Criminal: Playback, but the last sentence (You've been hit by, you've been struck by a smooth criminal) is live.
I Just Can't Stop Loving You: Completely live.
She's Out Of My Life: Completely live.
J5 Medley: Completely life.
Thriller: Playback.
Billie Jean: Completely live.
The Way You Make Me Feel: Playback, but the first line in the slow intro (Hey, pretty baby with the high heels on) is live.
Beat It: Completely live.
You Are Not Alone: Playback, but the a capella part (it's the end of the song) is sung live.
Dangerous: Playback.
Black Or White: Playback.
Man In The Mirror: The first half of the song is playback, but the last 2 or 3 minutes of the song is sung live.
Earth Song: Playback, but the last "Hoo" in the last refrain sounds like it is sung live. Also, the "Tell me what about it" part is live.

a little detail from this concert:

I saw the concert and I can notice he didn't grab his crotch.
I thought he altered the crotch grabbing for the Kuala Lumpur concert, but it seems he did the same in Brunei :)

I didn't notice too much extra weight here but I noticed it in footage from other tours, sort of late into the tours where I guess I assumed his diet had possibly consisted of quite a lot of takeaways due to the hectic schedule which would cause a little weight gain lol. He was never overweight though, he was always slim.

a little detail from this concert:

I saw the concert and I can notice he didn't grab his crotch.
I thought he altered the crotch grabbing for the Kuala Lumpur concert, but it seems he did the same in Brunei :)

That's because the society there has certain beliefs on masturbating and they always (95%) link croch grabbing/touching private parts with masturbating. Sorry for the explicit language there but that's how it is there.

AndreyZidane™;3264757 said:
That's because the society there has certain beliefs on masturbating and they always (95%) link croch grabbing/touching private parts with masturbating. Sorry for the explicit language there but that's how it is there.

no prob, that's what I thought :yes:

:) Can anybody explain why MJ did a mix between Dangerous and History Tour that time?
Did the Royal Family asked for it? or what was it?

A few years ago I read that somebody asked the Prince how did they want Michael to do the concert and he chose like the Dangerous Tour style...

I was like... COME ON!! why didn't he choose like the Bad Tour??? I was just imagine HIStory Era MJ performing the Bad Tour songs... with the Bad Tour Costumes.... I wanted to snap that guy in his face lol

that would have been amazing, you're right. But I seriously wonder if Michael had agreed to a BAD concert in 1996 ;). Why not ask him for a Triumph tour concert then - lol.

A few years ago I read that somebody asked the Prince how did they want Michael to do the concert and he chose like the Dangerous Tour style...

I was like... COME ON!! why didn't he choose like the Bad Tour??? I was just imagine HIStory Era MJ performing the Bad Tour songs... with the Bad Tour Costumes.... I wanted to snap that guy in his face lol

Maybe The Prince had a thing for the gold leotard

i really believe that he was not allowed to crotch grabbing, islam did not allowed it, some concerts where parts not showed on tv because of that in those countrys,
also he could not do history because of the tour was not starting and he want to keep it secret make sense.. and doing bad doesnt make sense.

I thought man in the mirror was fully live

and what about the dancers? where there also going to do history or where they the same from dangerous and did one more show?

Back