• 80's

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • 90's/00's

Votes: 19 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JennyC

Proud Member
Inspired by another thread, which in your opinion, was the decade which defined Michael Jackson? For me it would have to be 80's and 90's. I LOVED the early 90's, it appeared that's when he was his happiest and I remember growing up with his music and feeling the urge to get up and dance everytime I heard one of his songs.

80's for sure! Thriller blew their minds!!! Everything else from then on was just golden!

I was gonna say that this is like a potato chip. You can't just pick one!

I always thought he dominated the 80s and for good reason. I wouldnt choose the 90s/2000s, well, 2009 DID bring a resurgence in popularity we had not seen since 1992. That's why I really don't count the 90s and I say this as someone whose favorite album is Dangerous.

I think the 80's really defined Michael, because he was at the peak of his popularity. Ask people to list some of Michael's songs, and they'll most likely start with songs from Thriller and Bad.

However, I personally think that the early 90's was his artistic peak. I think Dangerous and HIStory are his best albums.

I voted 90's
I think the 80's catapulted MJ into great fame and showed his awesome artisic ability, but the in the 90's he broke loose and created his art from his inner emotions and used his art to relay his inner self the personal and political issues on his heart
It was the whole package and truly defined his abililties and who Michael was in my opinion.

I vote for 90 because I known him in 1995 in MTV

I think his peak is 1980 in thiller era

It's most likely the 80's, but I think for the fans he defined every decade.

I wish I had a time machine like Doc and Marty in Back to the Future and could go back in time to the 80's and early 90's when MJ was at his peak.

I think I should have rephrased the decades, maybe....
Mid-late 60's
All of the 70's
All of the 80's
Early-mid 90's
Mid-Late 00's

real talk the 80's was good...But the 90's he was at his prime he did everything he always wanted to do especailly becoming a proud daddy

For me it was definitely the 90s. Few artists are able to successfully adapt to fit a new musical climate once they've had success. However Michael thrilled the world with his adaptation of the new jack swing style that was blowing up at the time with his album Dangerous. Yes thriller was a phenomenon, but with Dangerous Michael proved he would not be denied in any musical form.

Back