Michael was ‘a disturbing person who couldn’t cope with adult company’ claims Elton John [MERGED]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="hu"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Given Elton’s own issues, I’m surprised he didn’t provide the background story to the lunch, which happened when MJ was in rehab in the UK in late 1993 and very unwell <a href="https://t.co/AGnlzLoBxX">https://t.co/AGnlzLoBxX</a></p>&mdash; Mike Smallcombe (@mikesmallcombe1) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikesmallcombe1/status/1187460365275131909?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">2019. október 24.</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Alh21;4272822 said:
I'll agree with that, he really thinks he something special, I've just been reading a story from Elton about George Michael now, hes saying how George wasn't happy about being gay, erm not sure I agree with that tbh, I take it Elton must know every dead celebrities secrets does he, I never knew he'd been a Councillor to them
Even if someone confided in him at some point it's just one more reason not to tell it to the whole world (or anyone).

ozemouze;4272831 said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="hu"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Given Elton&#8217;s own issues, I&#8217;m surprised he didn&#8217;t provide the background story to the lunch, which happened when MJ was in rehab in the UK in late 1993 and very unwell <a href="https://t.co/AGnlzLoBxX">https://t.co/AGnlzLoBxX</a></p>&#8212; Mike Smallcombe (@mikesmallcombe1) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikesmallcombe1/status/1187460365275131909?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">2019. október 24.</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Even if someone confided in him at some point it's just one more reason not to tell it to the whole world (or anyone).
Exactly, I totally agree with you

This is what I used to say. People are always trying to make money out of Michael. I don't know if he really said that but if he said, why does he have to talk about Michael? The book was supposed to be about Elton's life right? But of course if the book contains something about MJ, of course it will sell more. I hope he is misquoted.

Is Elton John being candid or just piling on in his new bio?

I&apos;m aware that depending on how one feels about Michael, Elton is doing either one or the other. However, I felt that the passages in his new bio related to Michael come at the worst of times considering everything that&apos;s been going on. Especially the passage where he describes Michael withdrawing himself from the dinner table to play video games with his housekeeper&apos;s son. These stories only add fuel to the fire.

Could it be that Elton was just trying to be anecdotal but unintentionally trashed Mike? I don&apos;t know. I also remembered that he once called Michael &apos;damaged goods&apos; after Michael&apos;s passing.

I realize that more than the actually stories what I have a problem with is the timing of it all. You would think Elton would have the sense not to &apos;otherize&apos; Michael especially if he believed he was mentally ill. He should know better. To think Michael dedicated an album to him. Makes you wonder how many of the people Michael loved and appreciated actually trashed him behind his back .

Re: Is Elton John being candid or just piling on in his new bio?

I'm aware that depending on how one feels about Michael, Elton is doing either one or the other. However, I felt that the passages in his new bio related to Michael come at the worst of times considering everything that's been going on. Especially the passage where he describes Michael withdrawing himself from the dinner table to play video games with his housekeeper's son. These stories only add fuel to the fire.

Could it be that Elton was just trying to be anecdotal but unintentionally trashed Mike? I don't know. I also remembered that he once called Michael 'damaged goods' after Michael's passing.

I realize that more than the actually stories what I have a problem with is the timing of it all. You would think Elton would have the sense not to 'otherize' Michael especially if he believed he was mentally ill. He should know better. To think Michael dedicated an album to him. Makes you wonder how many of the people Michael loved and appreciated actually trashed him behind his back .
These people have their own issues and Elton John is in no position to talk about who is disturb or not. Was Elton in his right mind or was he high and just was seeing things what he "perceived to be or not? My thing is if you did not say it when MJ was alive, shut up now because we do not know if it is coming from a place of truth or jealousy gossip (celebs are jealous of others celebs just like We all have people on our jobs who are jealous when one employee is viewed to be better than them. Celebs regardless of tv/movies/sports/music, etc are no different.)

Re: Is Elton John being candid or just piling on in his new bio?

My question is: Why when Michael was Alive, Elton helped him and said good things about him, and now that he's DEAD he thrashes him?
Why do people always betrayed Michael like that?

I can say that I have no respect for Elton John anymore, if he&#8217;s gone right now and any other famous celebrity writes discriminating stories in their books about him, he&#8217;ll see what it&#8217;s like when he&#8217;s doing that about Michael.

I demonstrated this on this post elsewhere: https://www.mjjcommunity.com/threads/leaving-neverland-three-years-later.200350/page-3#post-4547268

Specifically Elton was of course comparing Michael's situation to his own, when the tabloid The Sun infamously claimed that Elton was in a vice boys scandal, which was provably false because "This was someone I never met claiming I had an orgy at a place I'd never been, when I knew on that date I was in New York talking to Bob Mackie." So he filed writ after writ against them, despite the advice of people like Mick Jagger telling Elton "don't do anything, you'll only make it worse." And Elton said, "You can say whatever you want about me, but you can't lie."

Of course, Elton also admitted, and admits in these two Barbara Walters interviews, that he didn't know all the details about Michael's situation, and apparently, all these years later, he still doesn't. That's his choice, of course. But if he'd known that Michael and his lawyers wanted to get the civil case settled so as not to give away the defense strategy in a criminal proceeding, which Michael desperately wanted to exonerate himself, and that between that and his Demerol addiction needing to be taken care of, that he was in an extremely vulnerable position, maybe Elton would've been fully in his corner. Let's also remember that at this very time, Elton was beginning his relationship with David Furnish, and Elton talks, rather unsympathetically, in his book of doing a dinner meeting with David in tow, and Elton's grouchy mother also there. So it was already gonna be awkward, but Michael's fragility made it more so. Yet Michael always considered Elton a friend, the same way he personally thought the same of Paul McCartney, even if they didn't fully reciprocate anymore. It says volumes about Michael and his character.

What I object to is Elton's choice of vocabulary. His memoir came out in 2019 many years after Elton's 'tantrums and tiaras' phase. He's been sober since 1990. He's had plenty of time to take a more nuanced look back at those events. He presents himself as an elder of the pop world, offering safe spaces and support to struggling pop stars, helping them bc he knows what they are going through. And that's great, it's admirable. However, he has been in the business way too long to not know how to pick and choose his words carefully, knowing how things play out in the media, most especially in the British tabloids. Elton's music life has been incredibly rich, he didn't even need to include Michael at all in his story. If he felt that Michael was struggling with mental distress, fair enough. But to use the phrase 'totally lost his marbles' does not indicate compassion or understanding. Not to me, anyway. He could have spoken about this quite differently. It's not hard.

In his memoir, Elton takes pot shots at pretty much everyone (Madonna, Keith Richards) from what I remember of the reviews. And he mercilessly takes the piss out of himself, presumably to get in ahead of the media. Don't have a problem with any of that. I have a problem with his vocabulary and his tone when he talked about Michael. Elton is, of course, allowed to tell his life story any way that he wants to and he is not responsible for Michael's mental health. Maybe when he spoke in this way he was being honest about how he viewed Michael but he wasn't being kind and none of it was necessary, imo.

Last edited:
For sure, Michael preferred children's company.
But can you really blame him?
I mean, I also dislike 90% of people out there, mainly because of their hateful attitude towards animals. I don't really find any comfort in children, but I can understand Michael did. He loved the human race, much more than I do.

If I had millions, I would also build my own little world with my rules and allow only certain people inside.

I wonder why people give a damn what this old bitter overrated arsehole thinks? If you look at his life, he's fallen out with all of his friends at some point, so maybe he's the problem?

*apologies for the foul language*

I wonder why people give a damn what this old bitter overrated arsehole thinks? If you look at his life, he's fallen out with all of his friends at some point, so maybe he's the problem?

*apologies for the foul language*
I don't give a damn about Elton John - although I do like a few of his songs - but anything he says will get a lot of media coverage. When he comments on Michael using language that I consider to be unkind and unnecessary I get quite peeved. In the grand scheme of things, yes, it's not the end of the world. But it's annoying bc it just perpetuates the tired, unhelpful, inaccurate ideas about Michael that so many people still - to this day - buy into. Elton has a big fanbase and the media loves him and is happy to give him a platform.

Outside of this thread I'm not thinking about him at all. But the title of the thread reminded me of how much online / media attention this quote got back in 2019.

Its a bit tough :( because on one hand you have Elton who is a pro too, at his craft ...Blue moves is beautiful ...but when he talked about M this way ....I can't take him seriously and therefore the art goes out the window and puts him for me in the arsehole brigade. Sucks cause the guy's art is genius, but he seems to be pretty spiteful unless he has just been told to say stuff... I want to not think he is like that but ..yeah sucks.

Slightly OT. . . .I hope that when the time comes —— when people realize that Michael was NOT a child molester —— the enormity of the harm that was done to him hits home.

For Michael to have kept going (despite all of that he went through) is testament to his strength.
I completely agree, @TheChosenOne. Michael went through a LOT. For him to have survived everything he went through in his life and career, and to have made it to almost 51 years of age (when people in his situation —— and, even WORSE —— didn’t live anywhere nearly as long as he had), showed quite a bit of strength of character on his part.

Well ain't the pot calling the kettle black!
Elton John is so far up his own ass, he can lick his tonsils!

I love Elton and have "Me" - yes he mentions it, basically Michael came to stay with him after the Chandler saga broke and it was at a time when EJ was trying to pull David Furnish, going a date with him, which featured Michael in a shattered state. EJ was more worried about it failing as he truly had feelings for David and he knew MJ rehab may ruin it. In reality it was EJs previous track record with boyfriends, whom he described as being showered with gifts, sex, attention and then ignored as he jetted off on tour, did piles of cocaine and then had fits in front of the young man who was unceremoniously dumped whilst EJ was on tour and the next one flown in.

He was now sober and trying to prove to David he was not this big egocentric rockstar high on coke getting what he wanted, having a distraught Michael Jackson around was not helping his case. Obviously it worked because 30 years later!

But if some assclown is turning this into another pile of gossip and lies - PUHLLEEAAZZEE!

I doubt EJ would maliciously do it, he had a great run at Glastonbury and seems content to retire happy - so starting a lie campaign about Michael Jackson seems bizarre.

I really think they had little interaction with each other, maybe some distant admiration - most of the MJ material in his book comes from stories by Freddie Mercury telling EJ about being knee deep in Llama shit when visiting MJ.

Then again, I just realised this was another zombie thread I replied too - 2019 and then The Scum and Daily Eggpress rehashing it on June 21 - how convenient, the lets rehash some old bullshit story as "fresh allegations" around Michael's death anniversary.

Snore - next.

June is really Assclown season!

Then again, I just realised this was another zombie thread I replied too - 2019 and then The Scum and Daily Eggpress rehashing it on June 21 - how convenient, the lets rehash some old bullshit story as "fresh allegations" around Michael's death anniversary.

Snore - next.

June is really Assclown season!
There's nothing wrong with bumping threads. But they need to be relevant. The press is perfectly content to keep saying the same thing forever though. What's old, is new.

Back