Neverland Valley Ranch Has Been Sold

Thanks for the below tony.

*EDIT* been reported that the account is possibly fake so take with a grain of salt!

Joce
@FunkyJoce
Ron Burkle, the man who bought NeverlandRanch posted this on IG:

𝑯𝒐𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 #𝑲𝒊𝒏𝒈𝑶𝒇𝑷𝒐𝒑. 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒍𝒆𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆, 𝑴𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒆𝒍.

Hope we're in good hands!
2:50 PM · Dec 27, 2020

Last edited:
he actually said that?

Yes he did. Yes he did. I, for one spent many nights crying over that..I was a kid. Imagine your hero having to endure that pain. we were all kids dammit. ?:(
So it's a real double edged sword for me.

Just seen pics on Instagram and... Don't it come flooding back

Going In that kitchen you'd think all the time, all the time, all the betrayal ugh...
You Can't change it you ain't masking it.. how can you change it for good?

And you can't really escape the pain because when you go outside you would see him with that big fat cow in the blue suit talking up his fate, and the clock. And then if you go to the train you'd remember that ****ing stupid doofus that not so long ago claimed bullshit. You'd have to have nerves of steel to go back to neverland.

Yes he did. Yes he did. I, for one spent many nights crying over that..I was a kid. Imagine your hero having to endure that pain. we were all kids dammit. ?:(
So it's a real double edged sword for me.

thats messed up!

Good. Waste of money for the the estate or even the family to keep. They don't need all that space to house some sort of museum. Better put in a more accessible place.
And if we're being realistic, that wouldn't be happening anytime soon anyway. Especially if you're envisioning some sort of Elvis-Graceland type of place.

He wouldn't want his safe space to be open to visitors anyway. The concerned neighbors are right to not want a constant sea of traffic in their otherwise quiet area.

I just feel immense pain n conflict even thinking about it. Could you honestly walk around that mo'ther****er er and be happy "oh here's where he had the Oprah interview! And that over that's the candy machine! " knowing what happened to him in that house. You'd know what I'd be thinking I'd always be thinking how he would stream live from neverland pleading his innocence with the public. How they got him in the corner n photographed him. And the bathroom with the gold toliet seat and the bed room s - they Turned that mo foker upside down ransacked, completely stripped him of all his privacy. And the fair ground the zoo... How they even riped that little piece of happiness away. Hell I'd love to build a shack just to get away from all the social media era right now. it feels not right thinking I could go look at a "neverland museum and I swear m would hate the possibility.. It'll be like John merrick all over again because you will always get one schmuck" Where's the oxygen tank then."
Not me I wouldn't want any part of that circus. Someone prove me wrong but it really doesn't feel right.!
Edit - glad it might be a fake account

Maybe for the fans who didn't go through that pain with Michael, maybe they think different. but I'm one of those fans who would never go back because I went through that pain twice Aug 1993 sep 2003 . .
Edit - trigger I'm sorry it's painful isn't it..

Last edited:
This would be the only place that would make sense as a Michael Jackson Museum. It is still an amazing place and it would be a shame if it would be gone to waste. We have Graceland, we have Paisley Park. We should have Neverland. It's only about logistics. It should be possible to make it happen, without upsetting the neighbours. Forbid individual traffic and get people there by bus. Shouldn't be that hard. That's how they do it at Graceland or Hearst Castle.

Nothing painful happened at paisley Park darling did it.? Neverland is the most meanest most mental torture to talk about to an mj fan. Don't it trigger some of you? You don't see m driving through those gates after another glorious day at Santa Maria courthouse??? . Prince never got his home turned upside down. He didn't get publicly shamed or defamed. He wasn't photographed naked in the corner of his four walls. He wasn't made to go on telly pleading innocence. Elvis too... They didn't suffer the public pain that Michael was made to go through did they. So their houses or places of dwellings they are pretty. Happy memories right? I say this with all respect to you I do, but they made m hate neverland he never went back and we as fans, ill take the stand. Cos I feel that passionate about it - I know m wouldn't agree. we should never go back there too.

Maybe for the fans who didn't go through that pain with Michael, maybe they think different. but I'm one of those fans who would never go back because I went through that pain twice Aug 1993 sep 2003 . .
Edit - trigger I'm sorry it's painful isn't it..

Nothing painful happened at paisley Park darling did it.? Neverland is the most meanest most mental torture to talk about to an mj fan. Don't it trigger some of you? You don't see m driving through those gates after another glorious day at Santa Maria courthouse??? . Prince never got his home turned upside down. He didn't get publicly shamed or defamed. He wasn't photographed naked in the corner of his four walls. He wasn't made to go on telly pleading innocence. Elvis too... They didn't suffer the public pain that Michael was made to go through did they. So their houses or places of dwellings they are pretty. Happy memories right? I say this with all respect to you I do, but they made m hate neverland he never went back and we as fans, ill take the stand. Cos I feel that passionate about it - I know m wouldn't agree. we should never go back there too.

i understand what you mean. Michael didn't even like the place anymore.

Waste of money for the the estate or even the family to keep.

you got a point only god knows what the estate probably would of done to it. don't know about his kids or family because we don't know that. his kids and family don't have alot of control what happen to michael sadly. i find that crazy too since their family.

Billionaire businessman Ron Burkle is the new owner of Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara County.

Burkle, a one-time associate of Jackson and co-founder of the Yucaipa Companies investment firm purchased the 2,700-acre property in Los Olivos, near Santa Barbara for $22 million, according to the Wall Street Journal.

First listed in 2016 for $100 million, the property dropped to $67 million a year later, and was down to $31 million last year. Jackson originally paid about $19.5 million for the ranch in 1987.

Named for the fantasy world in J.M. Barrie’s Peter Pan, the property includes about 22 structures, including a 12,000-square-foot Normandy-style mansion. There are also several guesthouses, a swimming pool with a cabana, a basketball court, a tennis court and a 50-seat movie theater. Other features on the ranch are a “Disney-style” train station, a fire house and barn.

A spokesman for Burkle tells WSJ that Burkle views the property as a land banking opportunity. The spokesman told the publication Burkle had been considering Zaca Lake, which adjoins the ranch, for a new retreat location for Soho House, the private club company he co-owns, but ultimately decided the location was too remote. He saw Jackson’s former ranch from the air and put in an offer to buy it. It had been taken off the market and was not publicly listed at the time.

Burkle advised Jackson on business matters in the mid 2000s. The pop star died in 2009.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/michae...s-billionaire-ron-burkle-1234661546/#comments

Good. Waste of money for the the estate or even the family to keep. They don't need all that space to house some sort of museum. Better put in a more accessible place.
And if we're being realistic, that wouldn't be happening anytime soon anyway. Especially if you're envisioning some sort of Elvis-Graceland type of place.

He wouldn't want his safe space to be open to visitors anyway. The concerned neighbors are right to not want a constant sea of traffic in their otherwise quiet area.

I believe the Estate is still considering making the Hayvenhurst property into a museum at some point in the future, once it exits probate. That is a much better option for a museum than the Neverland Ranch ever was.

That would be a nice idea. Paris living there. but she did said she wanna buy Neverland. kids, estate, and the family probably don't have the money to afford neverland. none of them said they don't want it. they just don't have the money.

I believe the Estate is still considering making the Hayvenhurst property into a museum at some point in the future, once it exits probate. That is a much better option for a museum than the Neverland Ranch ever was.

Now this.. This is the thing. Ha! This is nice.

Thanx everyone who agrees with me I mean okay I got really overemotional trying to put my point across. Very sorry about that. it just seemed like the most grimest thing ever.
Now Hayvenhurst that is a fantastic thing to think about. i would visit this yes. (y)

Actually, he wanted to open it as a museum. Those plans exist at least since '97. And he wasn't done with Neverland. He would have sold it and not held on to it.

Right. Except Prince dying alone in the ****ing elevator or Elvis dying shitting in his bathroom. Michael spent 20 years at Neverland. Do not dwell on the negative. Michael wanted this to be a museum. Michael held on to it and didn't sell it. All the stuff you mention has nothing to do with Neverland. And there is no getting away from all of that either way. I'm a ****ing MJ fan as well, so don't talk to me like I don't know what it means. I've been inside Neverland 4 times while Michael was still alive. I'm not going back there to stand in front of the gates, but I would go back there, if they would turn it into a meaningful Graceland style memorial and landmark fitting for Michael. Michael said it himself "Neverland represents the totality of who I am.". No ****ing Thomas Sneddon, no ****ing grifter family will ever take that away from him. And yes. He went back. He lived there on and off until June '05.

No. It's not, as it is in a residential area. They will face much more and real resistance than doing something meaningful at Neverland.

Prometheus77;4314473 said:
No. It's not, as it is in a residential area. They will face much more and real resistance than doing something meaningful at Neverland.

Neverland Ranch has also a very important practical difficulty for becoming a museum: it is located at a very remote area in order to attract many tourists.

This factor is taken into consideration and discourages potential buyers from buying it and turning it into a profitable for them investment.

Also, there are some other things: for example, owners of the Neverland Ranch removed some of the ranch’s main attractions (such as, its famous amusement park rides), and they also changed the name from Neverland Ranch to Sycamore Valley Ranch (apparently for fear that the Neverland word would remind to many people/visitors negative stuff, such as the 2003 Neverland police raid).

Such factors certainly cannot make Neverland Ranch a profitable and viable museum.

Remember also that Michael Jackson (after his acquittal in 2005) distanced himself from his Neverland Ranch and he never wanted to get back there again.

In fact, he wanted to built a new Neverland in Britain, as the singer stated in one of his final interviews.

I don't think elvis died on the toilet. is that a rumor? he was on some drugs at the time.... i think.... Prince story is sad. he never should of did those dances when he was younger. like they say things come back to you as you get older.

i agree. it would been nice to see Neverland as Graceland and Paisley Park.

I don't think elvis died on the toilet. is that a rumor?

Medical examiners (who arrived at the scene) concluded that Elvis Presley collapsed while using the toilet.

It has been confirmed also by many other, independent sources that he died on the toilet while reading a book with his pajama bottoms down.

For example, author Dylan Jones wrote that he died while sitting on the toilet, he toppled like a toy soldier and he collapsed onto the floor in a pool of his own vomit.

Yeah i agree. I hardly doubt the neighbours in a residential area would want it turned into a public attraction. I doubt it would ever get permission given its location. Enough moaned when ppl gathered outside in 2009.

Frankly there would be nothing better than nev been turned into some sort of museum/site. It would feck off the haters no end. Their aim was to drive mj out and eradicate the very existence of the place.

Somebody said something on social media that makes alot of sense. you know even though Neverland wasn't original black owned Michael brought it and after that the place was his.

i find it funny how a place like neverland was a place a black man brought and made it into something good now being sold.

that statement makes alot of sense yeah we got Paisley Park but that's it. we have no other black entertainers who have their own land. it's really is sad when you look deep in it. smh.

ranch

we have no other black entertainers who have their own land. it's really is sad when you look deep in it. smh.
Tyler Perry bought an old Confederate military base and turned it into a movie studio. Charlie Wilson, Whoopi Goldberg, Will Smith, & Mike Tyson all own ranches.

mj_frenzy;4314476 said:
Neverland Ranch has also a very important practical difficulty for becoming a museum: it is located at a very remote area in order to attract many tourists.

This factor is taken into consideration and discourages potential buyers from buying it and turning it into a profitable for them investment.

Also, there are some other things: for example, owners of the Neverland Ranch removed some of the ranch’s main attractions (such as, its famous amusement park rides), and they also changed the name from Neverland Ranch to Sycamore Valley Ranch (apparently for fear that the Neverland word would remind to many people/visitors negative stuff, such as the 2003 Neverland police raid).

Such factors certainly cannot make Neverland Ranch a profitable and viable museum.

Remember also that Michael Jackson (after his acquittal in 2005) distanced himself from his Neverland Ranch and he never wanted to get back there again.

In fact, he wanted to built a new Neverland in Britain, as the singer stated in one of his final interviews.

And yet he didn't sell the place, even after the aquittal. Everything that was taken from Neverland could be brought back. They renamed it? Big whoops. It's not like they can't just rename it back. Oh, wait. They can. And it doesn't matter, it will always be Neverland. Yes, it is in a rural area, that's why I said individual traffic is a problem. But if they would take people there by busses (even from L.A.... that's how I got into Neverland the first time. It was a 1 day bustrip from L.A. and back) and ban individual traffic, they could get around that. The ranch itself is so far away from the main street and everything, that whatever is going on inside won't be a bother to anyone.

Back