What happened to MJ's security Wayne Nagin?

There was no difference interms of mjs safety compared to trips through the 00's 99% of the time there were barriers and many a time when mj was leaving the dorchester etc he would go out of a side door,playing cat and mouse if he didnt want to deal with the fans. Same with going into a theatre or a shop. Very rarely were there people around bar fans, if mj was on a shopping trip. Passers by who just happened to be there or caught up at theatre entrances would hang around for abit but would then move on. Fans would get abuse while outside hotels and sometimes threatened which i remember in 2002.and in 2005 uk trip i was told by a trusted friend close to the staff that something threatening was sent to mj at the hotel. Fans would literally spend 12hrs a day outside a hotel for a few second glimpse (if we were lucky) its highly unlikely some nutjob would sit out all day for a week not knowing if mj would even appear let alone anything else. Threats were no difference to other years All because of 93/03. Bodyguards on uk trips were not allowed to carry arms in the country and many states in the USA dont allow it either.

Mj went upto fans at the lanesbrough in 09 when he came back from shopping trips etc at night .trying to remember but i dont think there were any barriers in place until later and fans wondered why because it wasnt normal compaired to previous stays there as it was a nice parking area and was perfect for seeing mj and normally they were in place so it was safe for everyone. Thats due to inexperience etc of security staff. Which was probably half the problem like with the theatre entrance. They had never delt with such things unlike previous bodyguards so werent very good compaired to experienced staff over the years

Last edited:
elusive moonwalker;4320246 said:
There was no difference interms of mjs safety compared to trips through the 00's 99% of the time there were barriers and many a time when mj was leaving the dorchester etc he would go out of a side door,playing cat and mouse if he didnt want to deal with the fans. Same with going into a theatre or a shop. Very rarely were there people around bar fans, if mj was on a shopping trip. Passers by who just happened to be there or caught up at theatre entrances would hang around for abit but would then move on. Fans would get abuse while outside hotels and sometimes threatened which i remember in 2002.and in 2005 uk trip i was told by a trusted friend close to the staff that something threatening was sent to mj at the hotel. Fans would literally spend 12hrs a day outside a hotel for a few second glimpse (if we were lucky) its highly unlikely some nutjob would sit out all day for a week not knowing if mj would even appear let alone anything else. Threats were no difference to other years All because of 93/03. Bodyguards on uk trips were not allowed to carry arms in the country and many states in the USA dont allow it either.

Mj went upto fans at the lanesbrough in 09 when he came back from shopping trips etc at night .trying to remember but i dont think there were any barriers in place until later and fans wondered why because it wasnt normal compaired to previous stays there as it was a nice parking area and was perfect for seeing mj and normally they were in place so it was safe for everyone. Thats due to inexperience etc of security staff. Which was probably half the problem like with the theatre entrance. They had never delt with such things unlike previous bodyguards so werent very good compaired to experienced staff over the years

Yeah, in 2009 MJ actually only had Alberto with him. The rest of the security was hired help from London who left in the evening once Michael was in the hotel. And Michael came to greet us before he left to go see the musical Oliver. And yes we knew where he was going...no idea from where (I never knew where people got the info but some fans knew and told us) but fans knew. I didn’t follow him though because I never did, I wanted to give him his space. So I was LITERALLY the ONLY fan left at the hotel once he left!! 😳😂😂 I was like “Everyone left?” 😳 Because the place cleared within SECONDS once Michael left!! 😳 A security guard asked me why I was still there and I explained him that I never follow Michael if he leaves and he offered to make sure Michael gets my presents the next day! ❤️ (Because it was evening andMichael was out, he couldn’t take them then, but he said the next day during the day he could).He did keep his promise and quietly took the presents the next day (he told me to be at the hotel around noon and sure enough, he came out and looked for me and took the presents and brought them inside) so I do hope Michael got them! 🙏🏻❤️ That was so nice of him! ❤️) I didn’t tell anyone about it then but now it doesn’t matter. Anyways, when Michael came out if the hotel, it first looked like he was going to go into the bus but then he just took off past security and came to greet us at the barrier. He got mobbed really bad when he came back because in order to let the bus into the courtyard, they had to open the barrier and fans just rushed in. 😡 And true, they didn’t put the barriers up until the day after the press conference!! 🙄 And even then, some fans moved the barriers because they weren’t put in place prooerly and there where huge holes between barriers and I had to wave one of the hotel security over and ask him to check the barriers and put them in place better because other wise Michael will get hurt. 😢 Thankfully he did listen! 🙏🏻

Mj would sometimes tell certain fans he was close to where he was going inorder to pass it on .the same for if he was going to a certain country. If mj wanted privacy you knew as it was kept quiet and he would go out of his way not to be spotted as he knew we had eyes and ears everywhere ?

Yes i remember re the barriers. It was all very unorganised.as someone who spent many years working in security and dealing with those barriers if they are arent set up properly they become dangerous. It showed that there was no experienced security around mj like the years previous

elusive moonwalker;4320308 said:
Mj would sometimes tell certain fans he was close to where he was going inorder to pass it on .the same for if he was going to a certain country. If mj wanted privacy you knew as it was kept quiet and he would go out of his way not to be spotted as he knew we had eyes and ears everywhere 😅

Yes i remember re the barriers. It was all very unorganised.as someone who spent many years working in security and dealing with those barriers if they are arent set up properly they become dangerous. It showed that there was no experienced security around mj like the years previous

Alberto definitely seemed overwhelmed. I don’t think he could’ve ever imagined exactly HOW LOVED Michael is in Europe! To my knowledhe he had never been with Michael in Europe before and even though fans followed Michael in L.A. too it was PEANUTS compared to London!! And he was alone as opposed to the previous bodyguards always working as a pair (Yannick and Wayne, Wayne and Skipper, Skipper and Attila, Mike and the gray haired dude, etc.) so I canimagine Alberto sweating in London and wondering WHAT he had gotten himself into!! As for barriers, there was such a big hole between barriers where I was that I could’ve easily just gone into the courtyard. I tried pulling it together and then stood in front of it to “fill it” and block it because I knew I would never go grab Michael so if I stand in front of the hole between barriers and block it, no one can run through it and MJ’s safe! 💪🏻

Back