A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

I LOVE the new ending actually. How it ends with Michael's voice completely in acapella for the last note.

Though I agree with you with the rest that it should have followed the storyline of the song. That is the only negative I had about the video.

I think the acapella is a nice touch but I also feel that some of the emotion was lost without the beat behind the "nanana"s at the end.

Single gets released in Germany next month so far. Strange..LNFSG was already available one day after it's premiere...

Phyysical CD of LNFSG was avaiable many weeks after the digital release.

I didn't realise who big this twitter deal really was until I saw this:
Twitter @twitter · 12h
Exclusive on Twitter: First view of @michaeljackson's “A Place with No Name” https://blog.twitter.com/2014/michael-jackson-s-a-place-with-no-name-premieres-tonight-on-twitter …

Twitter itself has 31.6 million followers, and for that shoot out above went to all those 31.6 followers + MJ's own twitter account send it to 1.5 followers, which was retweeted half million times, so potentially it reached around 40 million people?

Also all the media who spreads the news of this video release and how many readers they gets:clapping: So how many people it really reached could be more than 40 million.

Great job from people behind this deal:clapping:

Last edited:
I had the same pb with my ipad but check out the MJ-Upbeat.com site , I was able to watch it there

Thank you, it worked! ^_^

i admit with this video there was an improvement rather than watching a collage of past works. I liked it, it was nice to see some unreleased In The Closet footage but I think the dancers appeared too much, they didn't capture the story of the song and in some moments they looked like they were in a soap opera.

No preorder for the single? Not even a single at all?! They're messing up.

I'm sorry but why you and some others are so impatient?

You have this very same song in you album if you bought it, or you can purchase it from iTunes or Amazon as single, or you have possibility to go on youtube and watch and listen it there while waiting single to be ready for purchase.

Elke hassell @ElkeHassell · 11 Min.

Good Day People - Wow @MichaelJackson Twitter account gained 200 000 more followers overnight - What about that

Digital singles aren't common anymore. You look at the iTunes chart, it's all tracks from the albums. LNFSG if anyone remembers had a problem with 4 versions entering, eventually just going with the ones from the album. Digitally, it will be the album track that charts, just like it is with any other/most songs on the iTunes chart. It isn't common anymore for a standalone digital single. Mostly, it is the album's version. They aren't doing anything wrong/uncommon - in my opinion people seem to want to hate every move these people make.

While so many have said that the APWNN video is the best out of all the posthumous videos, I sort of agree.. However, I still feel that the unreleased BTM video (with the Jabowokeez, club environment, MJ masks, etc) is the best posthumous video still...

But for the life of me I'll never understand why that wasn't officially released when it's obvious so much time, effort and money was put into that..

But still, I'd agree that the APWNN video is the best released posthumous video to date..

Well done estate and sony!

I was waiting for a video with storyline too …

But I have to say that according to the song itself it must have been a dance, dance, dance video !!!

So that’s what they have done and done beautifully. As for demands for more “story from lyrics” – let’s wait for MJ One video, if, IF it is on the original version of the song and the “circus” is involved, it is more suitable for the storyline that is in the lyrics, IMO.

New video could make late pop star Michael Jackson the King of Twitter

PUBLISHED ON AUG 14, 2014 11:32 PM
05200PRINTEMAIL

A person holding a poster for Xscape, a second posthumous compilation album of previously unreleased songs by Michael Jackson in Santa Monica, California, on June 22, 2014. Michael Jackson's estate and Epic Records decided to premiere via Twitter an accompanying video for the song A Place With No Name which appears on the album. -- PHOTO: AFP

NEW YORK (AFP) - Five years after his death, Michael Jackson is back with a new video that breaks new ground by premiering on Twitter.
The late King of Pop - who pioneered music videos in the 1980s with the advent of MTV - had written the song A Place With No Name with loose inspiration of the 1972 folk rock classic A Horse With No Name by the band America.
Released in May on his posthumous album XSCAPE, Michael Jackson's estate and Epic Records decided to premiere an accompanying video on Twitter late Wednesday in what they said was a first for the social media site.
The video was also broadcast on an overhead screen in New York's Times Square in coordination with the Twitter debut.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/lifesty...he-king-twitter-20140814#sthash.ArCuJHCA.dpuf

Not sure where you see 4K. It looks like an upscale from SD source.

To be sure - Retweeted 45 765 times, Favorite 45 032 times.

syl9pi.jpg

So................Am I correct here, following the story of the video?

guy Drives his JEEP randomly across a desert, bumps into random hitchhiker, they dance a bit, go to a beach take LSD then the rest of the video is them trippin on LSD?

guy Drives his JEEP randomly across a desert, bumps into random hitchhiker, they dance a bit, go to a beach take LSD then the rest of the video is them trippin on LSD?

:lol:

Sounds right to me!

No, you are not correct.

^^^ Story of the video still can’t go without the song itself, no matter what, IMO.
So to me it looks like Michael is already in the place with no name and the man in Jeep is on the way… if I may say so.

I laughed too hard at this :rofl:

No, you are not correct.

I was joking of course, its just there was nothing there which fit the story of the song except for the Jeep Commercial. It just ended up being a guy who was driving about randomly through a desert, no on a highway but litteraly across the desert, and randomly meets a woman, they end up grinding against each other the rest of the video with images of MJ spliced in.

I tend to agree with those saying that the story could have been more represented in the video.

I thought it was great, but yes, they could have really taken advantage of that.

In fact, ALL the songs on Xscape have great story lines and are a treasure chest of ideas for videos!

Ah well, still a better video than what we've received so far :)

I was joking of course, its just there was nothing there which fit the story of the song except for the Jeep Commercial. It just ended up being a guy who was driving about randomly through a desert, no on a highway but litteraly across the desert, and randomly meets a woman, they end up grinding against each other the rest of the video with images of MJ spliced in.

And his Jeep was magically fixed pretty fast hahaha

I mentioned this footage before as I thought it would fit the video somewhat if they were going strictly montage, and seeing as they used footage of MJ in a red shirt in the video could have been nice to see this in there too, shot at Neverland too, would have been a nice "goodbye" to neverland
10495006_10152476231452039_6393206425434961985_o.jpg

I tend to agree with those saying that the story could have been more represented in the video.

I thought it was great, but yes, they could have really taken advantage of that.

In fact, ALL the songs on Xscape have great story lines and are a treasure chest of ideas for videos!

Ah well, still a better video than what we've received so far :)

I agree. To me, it seems that all of the images from this video are from known places in and around the greater Los Angeles area. There was no sense of this magical place that Michael is singing about. Also didn't like how the girl got into his damn jeep after he found her. She is supposed to take him to a magical place not the other way around. Finally, if they are going to have random people in the video, they might as well be famous. This is important in terms of streaming. As it is, I'm not sure that non fanatics will play this video over and over. Good effort but it could and should have been sooooooo much better in my opinion

Also in response to people asking for more footage with Naomi Cambell, I personally do not want her anywhere near any future products. Although, I used to be a fan of her style and beauty, this woman has proven herself to be a straight up b-e-a-t-c-h in my opinion. Just trying to keep it real

The King of Pop might be dead but his social media accounts live on. Michael Jackson's "A Place with No Name" music video debuted at 10pm ET tonight on the microblogging platform.

Twitter's head of music Bob Moczydlowsky noted that the clip features exclusive footage of the deceased artist and that Michael Jackson's account has been mentioned on Twitter more than 6.4 million times over the past year. The single is part of the legendary artist's album XSCAPE, which was released in May this year.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/13/6001075/a-place-with-no-name-michael-jackson-video

Back