Why i perfer the US shows of the Bad Tour..

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
I have watched wembley countless of times and perhaps every amature recording there is available of a Bad Tour Concert and this is my reasons why i like the US (first part of the 2nd leg) shows more than any other show from the tour.

- First Concerts of the 2nd leg

The energy he had for these concerts and even the shows he did in Japan 87 was incredible. Not to say he didn't have any left for the rest of the tour but you can really see and hear the fresh vitality in his voice and dancing.

- Indoor Concert

This is one of the major reasons why i like the US shows more. Idk how to explain this but the overall sound seemed a bit more balanced in the indoor concerts. Its not just Michael but i feel like all stadium concerts are like this. Because they have such a high capacity and are so big it sometimes feels like it gets a bit to screamy if you understand what i mean.

- Spontaneous singing & dancing

You can compare APOM from Wembley to any other later show and see that they are all pretty similar (Besides the obvious routine spins). It became routine. But I dare you to take, oh lets say APOM from MSG, and compare it to any show and say that they are similar. The whole concert from MSG is fantastic! More live singing and exteded break in MITM, Bad, SC and TWYMMF live.

My dream concert from Bad would be the opening night in Kansas City

Last edited:
I personally prefer European leg and later part of the tour but the first US shows look amazing too. To me it looks like Michael had improved his performance in some songs like Another Part Of Me later on the tour. In the first US leg that performance wasn't as awesome at it was on the Europan leg. That is my opinion :)

If they will release US leg concert they should release Minneapolis because it is on film. I would be happy with any Bad Tour concert in HD.

Last edited:
I agree with you dude, their was a lot more improvisation by Michael at the early US shows. his voice was pure stunning, and I completely agree. indoor arena makes it feel a lot more magical and up close, better feel to me :) I want either Feb 23rd/24th in Kansas or MSG March 3rd/4th and Minneapolis just for the Blu-Ray quality :D any BAD Tour show in 5K 48fps restored from original 35mm film negatives and restored audio by Reliance Media Works would be perfect to me! Please Estate & Sony, release a BAD Tour Blu-Ray & in Cinemas!!!

I agree with you dude, their was a lot more improvisation by Michael at the early US shows. his voice was pure stunning, and I completely agree. indoor arena makes it feel a lot more magical and up close, better feel to me :) I want either Feb 23rd/24th in Kansas or MSG March 3rd/4th and Minneapolis just for the Blu-Ray quality :D any BAD Tour show in 5K 48fps restored from original 35mm film negatives and restored audio by Reliance Media Works would be perfect to me! Please Estate & Sony, release a BAD Tour Blu-Ray & in Cinemas!!!

Films are 24 frames per second.

I'm sure it could be tested at 48fps...

Films are usually 24 fps. So there would be no point. Do you want it to play in smoother motion? It would look like a video and partly ruin the film effect. It just wouldn't work.

Films are usually 24 fps. So there would be no point. Do you want it to play in smoother motion? It would look like a video and partly ruin the film effect. It just wouldn't work.

what about for future Generations who may not be satisfied with just 24fps? Restored 5k scans I want tho :D 5x better than 1080p HD!!

what about for future Generations who may not be satisfied with just 24fps? Restored 5k scans I want tho :D 5x better than 1080p HD!!

Human eye can't really tell the difference after about 60 fps, you would just feel dizzy and your eyes would get funny probabably. What exactly do you mean by satisfaction? The "charm" of the film is in 24 fps.

Also I doubt you would notice the difference from 1080p to something above it, because you probably don't have a screen that supports such resolution. You could zoom more into 5K though, and see that quality doesn't get much worse (cos there's more detail and pixels).

Human eye can't really tell the difference after about 60 fps, you would just feel dizzy and your eyes would get funny probabably. What exactly do you mean by satisfaction? The "charm" of the film is in 24 fps.

Also I doubt you would notice the difference from 1080p to something above it, because you probably don't have a screen that supports such resolution. You could zoom more into 5K though, and see that quality doesn't get much worse (cos there's more detail and pixels).

5k is the maximum detail of 35mm film. 16k is the maximum for 70mm film. and I mean Cinema screens at 5k Resolution would be stunning compared to just 1080p :)

popcorn-MJ.gif
www.MessenTools.com-34%20pensativo.gif

I personally prefer European leg and later part of the tour but the first US shows look amazing too. To me it looks like Michael had improved his performance in some songs like Another Part Of Me later on the tour. In the first US leg that performance wasn't as awesome at it was on the Europan leg. That is my opinion :)

If they will release US leg concert they should release Minneapolis because it is on film. I would be happy with any Bad Tour concert in HD.

I will have to disagree on this one. Another part of me looked a bit stale compared to the US shows, but thats ofc my personal opinion :) Something i don't understand is this talk about Minneapolis on film.. I thought that APOM and MITM were the only songs that were shot. How do we know that the whole concert exists in film?

I will have to disagree on this one. Another part of me looked a bit stale compared to the US shows, but thats ofc my personal opinion :) Something i don't understand is this talk about Minneapolis on film.. I thought that APOM and MITM were the only songs that were shot. How do we know that the whole concert exists in film?

We don't, it's a speculation.

Something i don't understand is this talk about Minneapolis on film.. I thought that APOM and MITM were the only songs that were shot. How do we know that the whole concert exists in film?

People who worked on Bad Tour have said that many concert were filmed. I'm sure that Minneapolis was one of them. It doesn't make sense that they only filmed APOM and MITM and just stopped filming during other songs. Warren Eagles said that many times it seemed that they were filming for fun so I don't think money issues were preventing them filming full concerts.

This is not Minneapolis but a film camera can be seen during The Way You Make Me Feel:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...n-film/page3?p=3716516&viewfull=1#post3716516

Also Moonwalker Man in the Mirror has a little clip from I'll Be There.

Last edited:
People who worked on Bad Tour have said that many concert were filmed. I'm sure that Minneapolis was one of them. It doesn't make sense that they only filmed APOM and MITM and just stopped filming during other songs. Warren Eagles said that many times it seemed that they were filming for fun so I don't think money issues were preventing them filming full concerts.

This is not Minneapolis but a film camera can be seen during The Way You Make Me Feel:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...n-film/page3?p=3716516&viewfull=1#post3716516

Also Moonwalker Man in the Mirror has a little clip from I'll Be There.

film camera not even facing Michael!

But the camera is on his shoulder so I'm sure he is filming. :)

or is he preparing and turning it on? I don't think they'd have a film camera on, not facing the stage

Last edited:
Could you point me in the right direction for this?

the zoom out shot where Michael runs to the right side of the stage with the silver shirt! also the famous aerial shot from Aintree is I Just Can't Stop Loving You :)

In regards to that shot from Moonwalker, I don't think it was shot as part of a filming of a complete show.
There were several people whose sole job with the film cameras was to shoot various crowd shots.
That part of the is during I'LL BE THERE, which makes for a great shot of all the hands waving side to side.

The Kansas City APOM performance wasn't as energetic as it was later in the tour. He was mostly on the mic stand a lot. It's not worse, its just different.
But yes, I'd love a U.S. full show released. Ideally MSG 88.

Also, as we can clearly see in the L.A. 89 footage, there were seats behind the stage. Can you imagine getting THOSE seats?? Must be horrible view. Most shows these days don't even sell those seats. But I guess the stage was more open air at the top, so they could fit some people up there.

They must have wanted to chose a stadium show to simply show the vastness of the crowd which wasn't as crazy to see as was in the U.S. arena shows (mostly because the floor was seats, not General Admission/standing).

But I do like the shots from the US shows because you can see the heads of the crowd and their hands in the air more than in the stadium shows (as far as the jumo-tron footage goes).

In regards to that shot from Moonwalker, I don't think it was shot as part of a filming of a complete show.
There were several people whose sole job with the film cameras was to shoot various crowd shots.
That part of the is during I'LL BE THERE, which makes for a great shot of all the hands waving side to side.

But people who worked on Bad Tour have said that full concerts were filmed so I think it is likely that concert is one of them. :)

Wouldn't they also want to use a crane to get shots too?

But how could they use the crane if its being used by the camera for the jumbo-tron?
Unless there was a show with a crane on the right side of the stage (but that may be too much visual interference).

But people who worked on Bad Tour have said that full concerts were filmed so I think it is likely that concert is one of them. :)

maybe! but we can never guess at the truth of what is on film and what isn't! the estate should make that fan collectors label and list everything they have and on what format they have it on!

They won't ever, and are not really obligated to do so (tell us what they have).

I know it's nonsense that they don't have more multitracks for other shows.
I think they were just so intent on using this particular show.

It's silly to think they only have multi tracks for July 16th on-hand (when they obviously have them for Yokohama, July 15th, and the MITM Moonwalker audio, and both incarnations of the APOM live video).

I do believe they couldn't locate the July 16th u-matic.
i DON'T believe they have other multi-track recordings and corresponding u-matic shows.

Maybe because MICHAEL JACKSON: LIVE IN ATLANTA 88 doesn't sound as good as MICHAEL JACKSON: LIVE IN WEMBLEY 88, haha (or some other city/venue).

maybe! but we can never guess at the truth of what is on film and what isn't! the estate should make that fan collectors label and list everything they have and on what format they have it on!

I think they should make some kind of statement about the film reels. It would be nice to know if they have them or not and how many concert are on film.

I think they should make some kind of statement about the film reels. It would be nice to know if they have them or not and how many concert are on film.

they should indeed :) they should release 'The BAD World Tour: 30th Anniversary' with shows from Film Reels on Blu-Ray and a cinema release of the best film reel show!

The Kansas City APOM performance wasn't as energetic as it was later in the tour. He was mostly on the mic stand a lot. It's not worse, its just different.
But yes, I'd love a U.S. full show released. Ideally MSG 88.

Also, as we can clearly see in the L.A. 89 footage, there were seats behind the stage. Can you imagine getting THOSE seats?? Must be horrible view. Most shows these days don't even sell those seats. But I guess the stage was more open air at the top, so they could fit some people up there.

They must have wanted to chose a stadium show to simply show the vastness of the crowd which wasn't as crazy to see as was in the U.S. arena shows (mostly because the floor was seats, not General Admission/standing).

But I do like the shots from the US shows because you can see the heads of the crowd and their hands in the air more than in the stadium shows (as far as the jumo-tron footage goes).

The first night from kansas city was much better then the other regular one (2nd night)

[youtube]ywbMXZdz06E[/youtube]

Back