MTV becomes MJTV

It was a marathon of Michael Jackson music videos,specials,documentaries,and Moonwalker for a week to promote the HIStory album from as far as I can observe.

It was a marathon of Michael Jackson music videos,specials,documentaries,and Moonwalker for a week to promote the HIStory album from as far as I can observe.

Yup, this is correct. I actually have a bunch of the stuff taped on VHS (Making of Scream, J5 Cartoons, Moonwalker, Countdown with John Norris live from Neverland, etc.)

I so totally remember that week. I was 15 at the time. I even have some of it still on tape somewhere. That was such an awesome week. Especially for me since I was becoming quite obsessed with him back then. And anything that was about Michael it had to be taped. If I remember correctly some of the MJ related stuff that was shown was:

The Jackson 5 cartoons
A Rockumentury about him (This was made during the Dangerous Era.)
His videos of course
the making of the Scream video
The Bill Bellamy Interview (Unless that came later. But I do have that on tape.)

I know there was more than just them. But I can't remember what else that was shown.

You know, I think I may have actually seen some of this without knowing what it was about; I do remember seeing Scream around the time it first came out. I really liked it when either MTV or VH1 would just show Michael's videos all day. That's how I actually saw most of them for the first time. :)

MTV Europe had many MJTV days showing Michael, Michael and more Michael, all day, they even had a couple of "Michael Weekends". I'm not sure how often US MTV had Michael Specials.

^^^Not enough. Usually for his birthday or if a new album was coming out....or sadly...when he passed. :(

Back