Dirty Diana Rehearsal (This is it, DVD/Blu-ray, France only)

mjchris

Proud Member
i'm still searching for the feature "Dirty Diana Rehearsal" from 'This is it'. to my knowledge only available on the French Blu-ray and DVD Versions.

i'm searching for the blu-ray. in 2010 there was a thread about this.
www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/87787-Dirty-Diana-(!!)-amp-Smooth-cr-rehearsals-French-DVD-exclusive-!

i dont know why, but the thread seems to be closed. so i cant post there anymore.

in 2010 Je57 told me the barcode for the French Blu ray is 3333299199733. but i seems over the years that i cant find this blu-ray. there is also another one with the barcode 3333299693200. this one is everywhere. but i dont know it this one also include this feature. So can anyone tell me if its included? Another possible Barcode is 3333299199740.

List of Barcodes: http://core.collectorz.com/movies/this-is-it-2009

Pictures (Click on it for Full Size) :

3333299199733:

Cardboardsleeve

Blu-ray case

3333299693200:

Cardboardsleeve

3333299199740:

Cardboardsleeve

dfddf

Last edited:
I remember seeing Dirty Diana portions explained with the set design etc in U.S. blu-ray but he did not rehearse with the set nor has footage been released of him rehearsing to my knowledge! He did rehearse it at the Forum though!

thats right. the footage does not contain MJ. i talk about this...

I remember seeing Dirty Diana portions explained with the set design etc in U.S. blu-ray but he did not rehearse with the set nor has footage been released of him rehearsing to my knowledge! He did rehearse it at the Forum though!

I wonder if he lip synced it or sung it live.

There is no reharsal from MJ according to Ortega. It was in plan for June 26th.

They show this when they talk about Dirty Diana in the documentary:
BmFX9rnIIAE_Rva.jpg

They show this when they talk about Dirty Diana in the documentary:
BmFX9rnIIAE_Rva.jpg

Yeah I was actually thinking about that when I saw this thread. I think it may have just been a quick run through. We may never know, though.

He always sung live during rehearsals and I'm sure he would sung DD live at This Is It just like he did during the Bad Tour.

There is a video of someone recording outside The Forum arena and you can hear Dirty Diana. It was the album vocals. It could be that Michael wasn't there that day.

This pic could also be from the rehearsal of the song:
mqdefault.jpg

There is a video of someone recording outside The Forum arena and you can hear Dirty Diana. It was the album vocals. It could be that Michael wasn't there that day.

This pic could also be from the rehearsal of the song:
mqdefault.jpg

Yeah I don't think Michael was able to rehearse DD

He def. rehearsed it... I heard it! Now to say if it were live or not. at the time I though so but It could have been vocal audio ripped from BAD tour..

Guys, i'm talking about the bluray and dvd releases, not about if he rehearsed or sung live. Are there french fans here owning the bluray or dvd?

^ But what would a thread be without some derailed conversation? lol

i'm still sitting on this problem. i cant believe that there are no french fans here.

the bluray with the barcode 3333299693200 is the best available french version. so if someone at least could tell me if the footage is on this one, that would help a lot.

Last edited:
Whether he rehearsed it or not, they clearly don't have footage of him performing it in full, or what they do have wasn't him performing it per-say, as much as walking through stage stuff.

If he had, and they had the footage, I'm sure it would have made it to TII, being a big hit and all.

Same thing about an Off The Wall medley. You know damn well he wasn't gonna leave off Off The Wall material from that show. No footage or didn't get to rehearse it before he passed.

^ That and/or the footage they have show evidence of him not physically doing well...

The Dirty Diana rehearsal were done (pre props) so in that were not in full.. Dangerous I don't know what props would have been in but was rehearsed (Full song) now quality of the performance.. Only audio was heard and we know Dangerous audio was never live so....

Back