What do you guys thoughts about Mj screaming vocal

Rock with u

Proud Member
So mj had an absolutely beautiful unique voice,
And in a lot of his songs, he is screaming while singing clean at parts. so i want it to know what do you think when in songs like who is it do you think that when he is screaming his still have got a beautiful voice? glad to know your fans thoughts. I know I like his voice also when he is screaming.

I think that's one aspect of his voice that really makes him stand out from other singers. There's not anybody else I know of who does that with their voice, especially when they can go the other extreme so well and sing so smoothly. For example when I hear people say The Weeknd/ Chris Brown/ Bruno Mars etc sound just like MJ I put on Scream/ BOTDF acapellas and think just how strong his voice could be in many regards, and challenge anyone to provide an example from these other artists using this technique

Oh yes, of course - I love it!!! The full range of Michaels voice is absolutely fascinating - and very beautiful!!! From the sweetest, smoothest tunes of love to the loudest screams full of protest or pain............

Last edited:
Well, to be completely honest with you, Rock With U, I’d much rather prefer it when Michael’s voice sounded smoother and more BEAUTIFUL, to his screaming and sounding “angry.”

But, I do understand that those “screaming,” “gritty” and “raspy” vocals were often used in different songs (on just about every single one of his albums he released sinceBAD,” from then onwards) as his way of expressing his feelings and emotions, especially, since he was going through quite a lot at a certain point in his life.

Though I may not particularly care for his use of screaming, it is well understood why he had sung that way, from time to time. Such vocals had served their purpose, in conveying what he felt, as well as bringing forth the meaning of a particular song’s lyrics.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

moonchinking;4177686 said:
I think that's one aspect of his voice that really makes him stand out from other singers. There's not anybody else I know of who does that with their voice, especially when they can go the other extreme so well and sing so smoothly. For example when I hear people say The Weeknd/ Chris Brown/ Bruno Mars etc sound just like MJ I put on “Scream”/ “BOTDF” acapellas and think just how strong his voice could be in many regards, and challenge anyone to provide an example from these other artists using this technique

NONE — and, I do mean absolutely not a single one — of these newcomers and youngsters will ever, ever hold a candle to Michael, with the talent he had. PERIOD. I don’t give two cents of a quarter who the latest, currently “most popular” of these so-called “artists” are.

I think that's one aspect of his voice that really makes him stand out from other singers. There's not anybody else I know of who does that with their voice, especially when they can go the other extreme so well and sing so smoothly. For example when I hear people say The Weeknd/ Chris Brown/ Bruno Mars etc sound just like MJ I put on Scream/ BOTDF acapellas and think just how strong his voice could be in many regards, and challenge anyone to provide an example from these other artists using this technique
People seem to think that any male with a high singing voice and/or falsetto sounds 'just like Michael'.:rofl:

I LOVE the screaming- especially on the end of Earth Song. It really touches me like no other- you can hear the passion in Michael's voice

Personally, I like the way his voice sounds when he's "screaming."
You can really hear how much power and vocal control he has in order to maintain those incredible notes.

But I have heard people, including my grandmother, who preferred him when he didn't do that.

If you listen closely to Wanna Be Starting Something, you can hear him doing it in certain parts of the song.

Personally, I like the way his voice sounds when he's "screaming."
You can really hear how much power and vocal control he has in order to maintain those incredible notes.

But I have heard people, including my grandmother, who preferred him when he didn't do that.

If you listen closely to Wanna Be Starting Something, you can hear him doing it in certain parts of the song.
The first time I really heard him going on that direction was Come Together. To think that it was recorded in 86 is crazy. Sounds like the Dangerous Era

Pink Diamond Princess;4177963 said:
People seem to think that any male with a high singing voice and/or falsetto sounds 'just like Michael'.:rofl:

To tell you the truth, P.D.P., Nobody — in THE WORLD, and I really do mean it — will ever have a voice that sounded like Michael’s had. Ever. At least, not for a very, very long time. There are a lot of impersonators, outright blatant copycats of his style of singing, dancing, etc., (think Justin Timberlake and other would-be “emulators” who, by comparison, are all doing nothing but a very poor imitation of what the real, authentic, genuine Michael, himself, had done), but they don’t even have 1/1000th of the high degree and level of out-and-out pure, natural talent he had. Not a single one of these new so-called “artists.”

Back