A small vent.

Xeones

Proud Member
Please note I will not be releasing the names of anyone involved in this to avoid drama and to respect their privacy.

A while ago, I was a member of a Discord chat for an MJ channel. It was not a fun experience, so I want to get it off of my chest because it's really hurting me.

What always used to happen in there is whenever somebody mentioned Invincible, the Staff would always jump on it and rip it to shreds. Making very, very nasty comments on his vocals, the album's production and everything about it. In fact, this extended to pretty much album/song Michael ever did. What really upsets me about it is that these guys are amateur 'producers'. They think they're above everyone else because of this. I guess the fact that one of them worked in a musical (or so they said) makes them feel like they have the right to critique Mike like that. Excuse me. You're a goddamn nobody. Who the hell do you think you are? He spoke about Mike as if they were on the same level. And this guy personally attacked other members as well. Actually, it wasn't criticism of MJ and his work. It was hate. These same people sit there all day obsessively re-making his songs down to every last detail. Why do that if "everything after Bad was awful"? The worst part was when they found my channel and linked it in the chat. They ripped me apart for every little thing I got wrong. These people make me laugh, looking back on it. It just seems so pathetic. I'm sorry, guys. I am. I just had to tell somebody.

Sorry to hear about your experience. My only two pieces of advice would be not to take it personally and to try and put in the past. Just consider it water under bridge. Surely you're not gonna let the opinion of others dictate your love for Michael's music, are you? People can say or do all kinds of nasty things. It doesn't mean we must allow them to get to us. I know how hard that can be at times. And I'm sure even Michael himself was hurt deep inside by the things people said about him, even if he was extra strong, unbreakable and he had rhino skin, as he used to say.

Not only that, but trying to agree with most or trying to please everyone is a completely useless mission, dead on arrival. People are free to think as they please, have their different tastes (cause thankfully we aren't clones or robots), but if they decide to be harsh in expressing their preferences, then you got no business paying attention to them.

You be cool and don't even think about that sad episode from the past, ok? I'd give you an online hug if I could, but unfortunately I don't believe in them. Therefore, I'll just stick out my electronic tongue @ ya :pth: and you know darn well why also :D

Sorry to hear about your experience. My only two pieces of advice would be not to take it personally and to try and put in the past. Just consider it water under bridge. Surely you're not gonna let the opinion of others dictate your love for Michael's music, are you? People can say or do all kinds of nasty things. It doesn't mean we must allow them to get to us. I know how hard that can be at times. And I'm sure even Michael himself was hurt deep inside by the things people said about him, even if he was extra strong, unbreakable and he had rhino skin, as he used to say.

Not only that, but trying to agree with most or trying to please everyone is a completely useless mission, dead on arrival. People are free to think as they please, have their different tastes (cause thankfully we aren't clones or robots), but if they decide to be harsh in expressing their preferences, then you got no business paying attention to them.

You be cool and don't even think about that sad episode from the past, ok? I'd give you an online hug if I could, but unfortunately I don't believe in them. Therefore, I'll just stick out my electronic tongue @ ya :pth: and you know darn well why also :D

Thank you, Girl. I'll stop thinking about that group right now. I guess it really isn't worth getting upset over. Michael would just laugh at them while looking at his diamond record for Invincible!

Amateur producers are the absolute WORST people to talk to, about music.
They are usually so big-headed and opinionated and narcissistic.
They always think they can improve on something, with their own methods.
Well.....Michael Jackson was a genius and people testify to that, every day!
His work needs no introduction and it needs no remastering.
If I were you, I would not give any of those people the time of day.
Walk away from that discord group and do not look back!!

Please note I will not be releasing the names of anyone involved in this to avoid drama and to respect their privacy.

A while ago, I was a member of a Discord chat for an MJ channel. It was not a fun experience, so I want to get it off of my chest because it's really hurting me.

What always used to happen in there is whenever somebody mentioned Invincible, the Staff would always jump on it and rip it to shreds. Making very, very nasty comments on his vocals, the album's production and everything about it. In fact, this extended to pretty much album/song Michael ever did. What really upsets me about it is that these guys are amateur 'producers'. They think they're above everyone else because of this. I guess the fact that one of them worked in a musical (or so they said) makes them feel like they have the right to critique Mike like that. Excuse me. You're a goddamn nobody. Who the hell do you think you are? He spoke about Mike as if they were on the same level. And this guy personally attacked other members as well. Actually, it wasn't criticism of MJ and his work. It was hate. These same people sit there all day obsessively re-making his songs down to every last detail. Why do that if "everything after Bad was awful"? The worst part was when they found my channel and linked it in the chat. They ripped me apart for every little thing I got wrong. These people make me laugh, looking back on it. It just seems so pathetic. I'm sorry, guys. I am. I just had to tell somebody.
Jeez, what a nightmare!

This situation about "eager" producers and Michael reminds me of a funny & on-point Salieri / Mozart constellation-comparison I recently read (in regards of a contemporary singer and Michael).

I would like to quote but cannot remember if a member on here said it or elsewhere.

Michael has been driving other musicians crazy since 1958, it seems lol.

No i get that too... In my experience Discord. Reddit , those type of places - are pretty intimidating .
I really get it. Sorry it happened to you Xeones.

Discord, Reddit, 9gag...just a bunch of kids who can't even communicate without linking a meme picture. Not relevant to anything really. They are young and live off their parents. They don't vote, they don't pay taxes, they don't influence the world in any way.

Not saying everyone out there fits this profile, but the majority does. And if you dig yourself deep into that nonsense, you are surely going to feel bad. And feel like soooo many people are like that. But they are not. It's just this community which is relatively small, globally looking.

Back