Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Confirmed HIStory Tour release for 2021?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 771 Posts

Default Re: Confirmed HIStory Tour release for 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by JichaelMackson View Post
    Link me that footage.

So you don't think his early tours were good? That would be strange...me not liking HIStory is very acceptable imo
    Calling them mediocre is very harsh, they are all professional performers/musicians and they worked just as hard as MJ to make the tours a success.

I've seen enough of MJ post Bad tour, I'm now fully exploring everything that came before and I love it more. Trust me...I'm a fan from the very beginning till now.

PS this is the last time I'm going to defend myself, it's very tiresome.
    Michael had some ups and downs and agreements and disagreements with his brothers during his life. I wouldn't say his brothers are not talented but not on Michael level at all.

I would say they early tours all the way after the victory tour were great tours.

i'm not a fan of history Michael either so you not only one. he wasn't himself during this tour. I would say dangerous Michael is better than history Michael in my opinion.

2001 Michael was okay. he was on drugs and let's face it he was in 40's. but like I said it was nice to see him again with new music etc. though Sony kind of screw him over.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,978 Times in 2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Line View Post
    I think MJ took the piss with History Tour. He probably thought that he is MICHAEL JACKSON, so he can get away with lip-syncing. It was ridiculous that he didn't even try to hide his lip-syncing.
    I don't think that was the case. I honestly just think that MJ couldn't perform (sing and dance), at the level that he did on previous tours. He just wasn't capable of doing that anymore. I understand why he chose to lip synch without condemning or condoning. Realistically a choice had to be made.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Everybody have their own eras they like. though, their are people who like all of them.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,678 Times in 2,747 Posts

Speaking of the 30th anniversary shows, his voice sounds pretty damn good here

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    Check out the footage of the MSG concert that was filmed in the breaks.....when MJ was still on stage, bantering with the audience, the orchestra and others; dancing, singing live, etc. You may change your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by JichaelMackson View Post
    Link me that footage.
    This is one video of that footage, where you can listen how he teases the audience with his real voice (especially, during the final minute of the video) and how he really enjoys it:

Michael Jackson was certainly capable of singing fully live all of his solo songs during those two MSG nights (‘The Way You Make Me Feel’, ‘Billie Jean’, ‘Black Or White’, ‘Beat It’, ‘You Rock My World’).

But he eventually chose to lip-sync his solo songs, for fear of forgetting his lines.

Aside from his lip-sync, I have to say that Britney Spears (for the first night of ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ performance) was not a good choice.

Britney Spears clearly shows (while she performs with him) that she does not enjoy it, and hence the on stage chemistry between the two of them does not work.

That performance of ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ looks like an ordeal for her.

And there is proof for that: some weeks before the two MSG concerts, she decided to back out from her commitment to perform with Michael Jackson, but her record label did not allow her to break the agreement that she had already signed for performing with him on September 7th, 2001.

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,678 Times in 2,747 Posts

This is the better performance of The Way You Make Me Feel from the 30th anniversary shows. He does the come ''Come on give it to me'' adlib at the end of the song like he did on the BAD Tour. And the random ''Hoooo's'' and ''Hee hee's'' sound great
    Last edited by analogue; 14-03-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    This is the better performance of The Way You Make Me Feel from the 30th anniversary shows. He does the come ''Come on give it to me'' adlib at the end of the song like he did on the BAD Tour. And the random ''Hoooo's'' and ''Hee hee's'' sound great
    that was pretty good. though you can tell he wasn't like he was in the late 80's. he not that energetic. though he was in his 40's which is understandable.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I always wished/wondered what this show wouldve been without mj high & a better setlist. I just don't think black or white should've been in there which was really weird to see him perform it in the billie jean jacket. Guess we'll never know

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,238 Times in 619 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    I don't think that was the case. I honestly just think that MJ couldn't perform (sing and dance), at the level that he did on previous tours. He just wasn't capable of doing that anymore. I understand why he chose to lip synch without condemning or condoning. Realistically a choice had to be made.
    I didn't mean that he took the piss by lip-syncing. I meant that he took the piss by not making his lip-syncing look less blatant.

But I agree with what you are saying. I think MJ had to change his style. Like you said, he just wasn't capable of doing singing and dancing at that level anymore, so I think perhaps he needed to start to focus more on singing and less on dancing as he got older. I know that would have been hard for him, as he had danced his entire life, but some changes had to be made.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks

Yeah sorry I've seen the clips and it's cool he was in a good mood but he wasn't performing. Anyway the spontaneous random talking beats the rehearsed lines "the old songs the old fashioned way" and the million "I love you's".

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,238 Times in 619 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wonderouzmj View Post
    I always wished/wondered what this show wouldve been without mj high & a better setlist. I just don't think black or white should've been in there which was really weird to see him perform it in the billie jean jacket. Guess we'll never know
    I find it really surprising that MJ didn't perform Dangerous at the 30th anniversary. That was his most performed song from 1993-2002, so I'm surprised that wasn't a part of the set list for the 30th anniversary.

The 30th anniversary set list could have been a lot better. The solo songs MJ did were Billie Jean, Beat It, Black or White, The Way You Make Me Feel and You Rock My World. So, nothing from the Off The Wall and History Albums, which is quite disappointing.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    IMO the first performance is better. He sings live the first part of the song. Oh and Britney looked hot

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    This is one video of that footage, where you can listen how he teases the audience with his real voice (especially, during the final minute of the video) and how he really enjoys it:

Michael Jackson was certainly capable of singing fully live all of his solo songs during those two MSG nights (‘The Way You Make Me Feel’, ‘Billie Jean’, ‘Black Or White’, ‘Beat It’, ‘You Rock My World’).

But he eventually chose to lip-sync his solo songs, for fear of forgetting his lines.
    That's random speculation.
    There's a huge difference in doing a little relaxed chat and freestyle "hee hee hoo hoo" with the audience and performing several songs LIVE start to end with dancing and singing. Especially rock power songs like Beat It and Black Or White would have been rather vocally exhausting. And his overall condition just wasn't good enough for it at that point in his life.
    Last edited by Electro; 14-03-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wonderouzmj View Post
    I always wished/wondered what this show wouldve been without mj high & a better setlist.
    The Original known "setlist" (very loosely because it's not in order) is pretty good.

- Medley: Can You Feel It / Gates Of Kiev / ABC / The Love You Save (The Jacksons)
    - I'll Be There (The Jacksons)
    - I Want You Back (The Jacksons)
    - Dancing Machine (The Jacksons)
    - Shake Your Body Down To The Ground (The Jacksons)
    - The Way You Make Me Feel (Michael Jackson)
    - Black Or White (Michael Jackson)
    - Beat It (Michael Jackson)
    - You Rock My World (Michael Jackson)

^ Songs performed first night, a few songs from rehearsals were dropped

- Thriller (Michael Jackson)
    - Rock With You (Michael Jackson)
    - Heartbreak Hotel (Michael Jackson)

I also believe "One Day In Your Life" was planned? I recall seeing a video of the rehearsal but i can no longer find it, I might have confused it for another song but it was a duet IIRC.

I find it really surprising that MJ didn't perform Dangerous at the 30th anniversary. That was his most performed song from 1993-2002, so I'm surprised that wasn't a part of the set list for the 30th anniversary.
    Very surprising for sure, Dangerous was pretty much part of a trio of "Heal The World" & "Black Or White" since 1993, being performed at almost every show. I would assume it would be simple to add, & he had already performed it back in 1999 (and then later again in 2002) & also costumes were simple, maybe they had planned a new version but not in time for the shows.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

But I agree with what you are saying. I think MJ had to change his style. Like you said, he just wasn't capable of dancing at that level anymore, so I think perhaps he needed to start to focus more on singing and less on dancing as he got older. I know that would have been hard for him, as he had danced his entire life, but some changes had to be made.
    Agreed.