project: MICHAEL JACKSON'S HORROR HD BOXSET [THRILLER + GHOSTS] [Deluxe Edition]

MJJExpert

Proud Member
Just another quick "suggest" for the Estate... (inspired by Prince's one)

In my opinion, we really deserve a "MICHAEL JACKSON'S HORROR" release, such as:

*** DOUBLE BLU-RAY SET ***
BluRay 1 - THRILLER [HD remastered] (Full version + bonus contents: making of)
BluRay 2 - GHOSTS [HD remastered] (Full version + bonus contents: making of + 1993 Edit [Early Movie Version] + 1996 Edit [Premiere Version])

*** 4 CD - DELUXE EDITION ***
Disc 1 - Thriller [1982 Original Release - 2008 remastered]
  1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' – 6:03 (Michael Jackson)
  2. Baby Be Mine – 4:20 (Rod Temperton)
  3. The Girl Is Mine (feat. Paul McCartney) – 3:42 (Michael Jackson)
  4. Thriller – 5:58 (Rod Temperton)
  5. Beat It – 4:18 (Michael Jackson)
  6. Billie Jean – 4:54 (Michael Jackson)
  7. Human Nature – 4:06 (John Bettis, Steve Porcaro)
  8. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) – 3:59 (James Ingram, Quincy Jones)
  9. The Lady in My Life – 4:59 (Rod Temperton)

Disc 2 - Ghosts [1997 original release - remastered]

1. 2 Bad – 4:49 (Michael Jackson, Bruce Swedien, René Moore, Dallas Austin)
  2. Is It Scary – 5:36 (Michael Jackson, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
  3. Ghosts – 5:14(Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley)

--- Nicolas Pike's original soundtrack
  4. The Great Gate of Kiev - 0:10
  5. Welcome To Normal - 3:11
  6. Did I Scare You? - 4:47
  7. Meet The Family - 1:08
  8. Dance On The Ceiling - 1:55
  9. Descending Angels - 0:44
  10. Skin To The Wind - 0:15
  11. Flinging The Ghouls - 2:45
  12. Super Ghoul - 1:23
  13. Mayor In The Mirror - 1:45
  14. Ashes To Ashes - 2:07
  15. I Showed That Freak - 0:33
  16. Behind You - 0:52
Disc 3 - From The Vault - Part 1 [Thriller's demos & extended]

1. Baby Be Mine (demo) - 4:15 (Michael Jackson)
  2. Billie Jean (Home Demo from 1981) – 2:20 (Michael Jackson)
  3. Billie Jean (Demo #2) - 6:34 (Michael Jackson)
  4. Billie Jean (Demo #3) - 5:52 (Michael Jackson)
  5. Beat It" (demo) - 02:04 (Michael Jackson)
  6. Human Nature (Toto's demo) - 3:55 (Steve Porcaro)
  7. Human Nature (Rare Extended Version) - 7:17 (Steve Porcaro)
  8. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) (Demo) - 3:46
  9. She's Out of My Life" (demo) -03:20 (Tom Bahler)
  10. The Girl Is Mine (Original Home Demo Solo) - 3:13
  11. The Girl Is Mine (Demo 2)
  12. The Lady in My Life (Extended version with unreleased vocals) – 6:28 (Rod Temperton)
  13. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" (Original Home Demo)- 05:44 (Michael Jackson)
Disc 4 - From The Vault - Part 2 [Thriller's outtakes]

1. Behind the Mask (Original demo)- (Michael Jackson)
  2. Can't Get Outta the Rain - 4:06 (Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones)
  3. Carousel (Full version) - 3.40 (Michael Sembello, Don Freeman)
  4. Got the Hots - 4:27(Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones)
  5. Much Too Soon (Original demo) - (Michael Jackson)
  6. Scared of the Moon - 4:42 (Michael Jackson)
  7. Someone in the Dark (Opening Version) - 4:54 (Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman, Rod Temperton)
  8. Someone in the Dark (Closing Version) -  3:09 (Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman, Rod Temperton)
  9. Slapstick (Hot Street's Demo) - 3:37 (Rod Temperton)
  10. Hot Street - 3:57 (Rod Temperton)
  11. Nite Line / Nightline - 4:47 (Glen Ballard)
  12. Starlight (Thriller's Demo) - 5:09 (Rod Temperton)
  13. She's Trouble - 3:47 (Sue Shifrin, Bill Livsey, Terry Britten)
Disc 5 - From The Vault - Part 3 [Ghosts unreleased and rare versions]

1. Ghosts (1996 Early Version) - 5:47(Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley)
  2. Ghosts (Guide Vocal Demo) (with Luciano Pavarotti intro) - 5:39 (Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley)
  3. 2 Bad (Demo / Ghost's film version mix) (Michael Jackson, Bruce Swedien, René Moore, Dallas Austin)
  4. Is It Scary(1993 Early version) (Michael Jackson, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
  5. Is It Scary (Demo / Ghost's film version mix) (Michael Jackson, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)

--- "Addams Family Value 2" original soundtrack, written and composed by Michael Jackson (knows to exists, maybe as instrumental demos)
  6. ...
  7. ...
  8. ...
  9. ...
  10. ...

--- Bonus tracks ("Michael Jackson's Horror Vision")
  11. Morphine (with Elephant Man's movie excerpts) - 6:29 (Michael Jackson)
  12. Threatened (with Twilight Zone tv show excerpts)– 4:18 (Michael Jackson, Rodney Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Daniels, Robert Smith)

*** BOOKLET ***
- unreleased photos from movie/video set and from music video photo/videoshoots
- handwritten notes and thoughts by MJ himself
- interviews by Quincy Jones, Bruce Swedien and all others

SUGGESTED PRICE: 99$

PLEASE NOTE:
- Although some songs were already leaked, we need them in HQ original and official quality (possibly remastered, with original mix). And too many unautorized mixes (from multitracks) are circulating over the internet.
- Songs recorded after Thriller's release (1st December 1982) are not included here (eg. Love never felt so good, There must be more than life than this etc). They should be included on "Victory" standalone special edition.
- Songs still unleaked (eg. Rolling with the dice) should be included on "Thriller" 35th new standalone special edition.
- All stuff here quoted is in the vaults and ready to be released, without any particulars issues. So why wait any longer?

What do you think? Any suggestions or mistakes? Please comment and all will be added to first post ;)

Last edited:
I've added, of course, a booklet with unreleased photos and notes from MJ ;)

nice. but in my opinion it's too much. not saying i want it. but it's too much for a boxset.

nice. but in my opinion it's too much. not saying i want it. but it's too much for a boxset.

Too much!?
source.gif

Ha. $99 for that... Though the Estate do love to rip-off the fans, so I'm sure they'd appreciate that kind of price tag.

This just makes me wish we did get these sorts of premium releases ?

Ha. $99 for that... Though the Estate do love to rip-off the fans, so I'm sure they'd appreciate that kind of price tag.

Side-eye.

Fans who buy items obviously want to buy them. No one holds a gun to their heads.

I always love the way various projects are packaged and presented - BAD 25 Deluxe (zipper and buckle box), Scream (with the Shazam interactive reality poster), the Opus (white glove and Nate Giorgio art), Xscape (gold edition - demos, reimagined songs, poster, "making of" documentary/interviews). I didn't buy the TII anniversary edition box set, but it looked absolutely amazing and SOLD OUT, so I have heard.

Sounds good! I like the idea but $99 not many will sell and we alll know the Estate is about profit.

no i mean by too much is that too much items. keep in mind michael is gone. they need to go easy on it. i'm not saying i would want something like that. but Michael not Prince like other fans has said. none of us know how much in the vault. i'm pretty sure there's much left. but i doubt it. keep in mind Prince recorded more then Michael. also some stuff already been leaked and save by fans already.

I think as fans we all have our ideas how we want things from the estate. which nothing wrong with that. but we all have our own opinions and likeness. what one fan might like the other may not.

that's okay. but we all need to respect on another. keep in mind we all love michael but we all different. if michael was alive he wouldn't like any of his fans harassing other fans because what they like and don't like.

i mean michael was know making things we all could enjoy. but michael isn't with us anymore. so we can only try.

in my opinion the this is it box set was decent. the only thing wroth it was the ticket and the box that light up when the music plays the beats.

they could did that for dangerous. because let's face it. this is it killed michael. why fans want to be reminded of a tour that killed him?

Side-eye.

Fans who buy items obviously want to buy them. No one holds a gun to their heads.

That doesn't make it acceptable. They know some fans will want this stuff bad enough to empty their pockets if they have to, so they take advantage. It's shameful.

Do fans genuinely want Blu-Ray's anymore? I haven't owned a DVD/Blu-Ray machine for 5 years. Streaming has totally overtaken. Who buys anything physical anymore? Again CD's seem a bit pointless; streaming alone would suffice...maybe some special edition vinyl's could contribute to the physical part? I feel uploading this stuff in HR/4K to YouTube/Spotify, and maybe even putting them out on a streaming service such as Netflix/Amazon etc... would be more beneficial than a Blu-Ray.

ZippyMJ;4306113 said:
Do fans genuinely want Blu-Ray's anymore? I haven't owned a DVD/Blu-Ray machine for 5 years. Streaming has totally overtaken. Who buys anything physical anymore? Again CD's seem a bit pointless; streaming alone would suffice...maybe some special edition vinyl's could contribute to the physical part? I feel uploading this stuff in HR/4K to YouTube/Spotify, and maybe even putting them out on a streaming service such as Netflix/Amazon etc... would be more beneficial than a Blu-Ray.

I prefer blu-rays. You can’t get the same quality from streaming than you can from the disc. At least not as reliably. Although they could probably do both.

You should make clear that this is just a suggestion in the thread title so people don't think this is a real thing.

Yes. Blu-Rays have better quality than streaming and I like to have physical releases.

Blu-Rays can be easily played on Playstation, Xbox etc. It's important to have HD restore / releaseses.
I think 99$ is fair for 2 BLURAY + 4 CDS + Full Color Booklet.
And that's not too much stuff, if you consider that a lot of thing are not unreleased...
I would remind you all MJ is not getting any new release since 6 years (2014, Xscape).
You should be a little more flexible: new stuff can be released only in perspective of more earnings. This is a premium release, that's why price is not cheaper.

Since most of the material is demos and stuff that could not really be released otherwise I think it makes perfect sense to add it to such a release.

Legit, my dream project for the estate for many years has been a simple home video release (preferably blu-ray) of Thriller/Ghosts/The Making Of Thriller, plus a digital download of Starlight, the Thriller demo, as a bonus (this was back when mp3's were king, but now it's streaming platforms like Spotify.)

Since then the IMAX 3D Thiller came & went and also the unfinished 1993 Ghosts was leaked. They would be welcome additions to that disc.

Back