Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1342

Thread: New MJ content (Possibility)

   
  1. #1246
    Points: 33,592, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,194
    Points
    33,592
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    3,114
    Thanked 5,261 Times in 2,478 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    Will definitely has stuff he could release. Not sure about Red
    Red One spoke in the past about the work he did with Michael, explaining that he would only release it if proceeds went to charity.


  2. #1247
    Points: 7,344, Level: 56
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    100
    Points
    7,344
    Level
    56
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zakk View Post
    Red One spoke in the past about the work he did with Michael, explaining that he would only release it if proceeds went to charity.

    and here we are a decade later.
    ugh
    just release the damn music

  3. #1248
    Points: 7,034, Level: 55
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    256
    Points
    7,034
    Level
    55
    Thanks
    532
    Thanked 413 Times in 138 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Michael Jackson has had 2 top 10 hits since his death. One featured Justin Timberlake, the other featured Drake. If you want chart success for a dead musician you have to make it relevant to the downloading/streaming crowd. The only way to do that is to get a big name on the song. The Weeknd would be perfect IMO. The public already associates MJ and The Weeknd as similar in vocal styles. Providing the song was good, it would be a big hit.

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to travis3000 For This Useful Post:


  5. #1249
    Points: 8,178, Level: 61
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790
    Points
    8,178
    Level
    61
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 801 Times in 354 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Quote Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
    Michael Jackson has had 2 top 10 hits since his death. One featured Justin Timberlake, the other featured Drake. If you want chart success for a dead musician you have to make it relevant to the downloading/streaming crowd. The only way to do that is to get a big name on the song. The Weeknd would be perfect IMO. The public already associates MJ and The Weeknd as similar in vocal styles. Providing the song was good, it would be a big hit.
    We don’t need any more “Hits” just need new music. Chart success is not important as MJ isn’t around to promote. The fans just need something new! We have been here through the best and worst of times. It’s getting really old waiting for something. I know, we should be happy with what we already have, that’s BS too plenty of stuff that could be released.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Smooth72 For This Useful Post:


  7. #1250
    Points: 406, Level: 8
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points
    king_of_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Ballin' You
    Posts
    93
    Points
    406
    Level
    8
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth72 View Post
    We don’t need any more “Hits” just need new music. Chart success is not important as MJ isn’t around to promote. The fans just need something new! We have been here through the best and worst of times. It’s getting really old waiting for something. I know, we should be happy with what we already have, that’s BS too plenty of stuff that could be released.
    I wouldn't even mind the wait if I knew there was something in the works, something to be waiting for and be excited for. But it feels like just radio silence on the other end -- no yes or no either way.
    "I am the one who chased the clouds away; I am forever and a day; nothing can hurt you." ~~ Best of Joy

  8. #1251
    Points: 9,949, Level: 66
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,072
    Points
    9,949
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 79 Times in 40 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth72 View Post
    We don’t need any more “Hits” just need new music. Chart success is not important as MJ isn’t around to promote. The fans just need something new! We have been here through the best and worst of times. It’s getting really old waiting for something. I know, we should be happy with what we already have, that’s BS too plenty of stuff that could be released.
    Agree with this.

  9. #1252
    Points: 1,556, Level: 22
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredYour first Group1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    A Place With No Name
    Posts
    50
    Points
    1,556
    Level
    22
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    The Estate kinda confirmed HIStory 25 btw. The album I mean

  10. #1253
    Points: 13,682, Level: 76
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,503
    Points
    13,682
    Level
    76
    Thanks
    6,183
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 749 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    I'd love nothing more than a new MJ song, I understand why the Estate has been quiet, but to miss what have been Michael's 50th anniversary as a solo artist and not celebrate it would be a mistake

    I'm not really crazy about manufactured duets personally, I understand the need for it (especially with the post trial tracks) but I wouldn't want a guest artist on a finished Mike demo like Throwing Your Life Away

    Thank you to AlwaysThere and Travis3000 for the information about the unreleased tracks by the way. It's really interesting to find out even more new information at this point

  11. #1254
    Points: 10,909, Level: 69
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,314
    Points
    10,909
    Level
    69
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked 784 Times in 388 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobi MJ View Post
    The Estate kinda confirmed HIStory 25 btw. The album I mean
    Tiktoktiktoktiktok....next thing they'll say is they'll just wait til dangerous 40

    Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

  12. #1255
    Points: 5,141, Level: 45
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    107
    Points
    5,141
    Level
    45
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 90 Times in 44 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal1995 View Post
    I'd love nothing more than a new MJ song, I understand why the Estate has been quiet, but to miss what have been Michael's 50th anniversary as a solo artist and not celebrate it would be a mistake

    I'm not really crazy about manufactured duets personally, I understand the need for it (especially with the post trial tracks) but I wouldn't want a guest artist on a finished Mike demo like Throwing Your Life Away

    Thank you to AlwaysThere and Travis3000 for the information about the unreleased tracks by the way. It's really interesting to find out even more new information at this point
    The solo demo version as MJ left it will always be there on the deluxe version. The version released as a single must have something to attract the general public.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eddlicious For This Useful Post:


  14. #1256
    Points: 20,318, Level: 89
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,738
    Points
    20,318
    Level
    89
    Thanks
    5,069
    Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,261 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth72 View Post
    We don’t need any more “Hits” just need new music. Chart success is not important as MJ isn’t around to promote. The fans just need something new! We have been here through the best and worst of times. It’s getting really old waiting for something. I know, we should be happy with what we already have, that’s BS too plenty of stuff that could be released.
    Surely the only reason to release new music is to get it to a high chart position??
    That is always what Michael himself wanted, with his music.
    He wanted it to mean something and he wanted it to last.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:


  16. #1257
    Points: 20,318, Level: 89
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,738
    Points
    20,318
    Level
    89
    Thanks
    5,069
    Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,261 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    Will definitely has stuff he could release. Not sure about Red
    I thought Will.i.am said he doesn't have any MJ vocals, only the instrumentals.

  17. #1258
    Points: 62,883, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    5,262
    Points
    62,883
    Level
    100
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    2,829
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,759 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    I thought Will.i.am said he doesn't have any MJ vocals, only the instrumentals.
    Yeah I think you're right - I meant in terms of the collaborations, whether they ended up with anything releasable

  18. #1259
    Points: 45,276, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,973
    Points
    45,276
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    1,513
    Thanked 3,861 Times in 1,680 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    Surely the only reason to release new music is to get it to a high chart position??
    That is always what Michael himself wanted, with his music.
    He wanted it to mean something and he wanted it to last.
    A song doesn't always need to get a high chart position to last.

    If the song quality is good enough it will be fine. - Many of MJ's song wasn't even released as singles - so they never had a chart position, but they are all just as good IMO. - Who Is It, Keep The Faith, Will You Be There and Heal The World are amongst my favorite songs from Dangerous.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

    I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:


  20. #1260
    Points: 7,830, Level: 59
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,705
    Points
    7,830
    Level
    59
    Thanks
    842
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 734 Posts

    Default Re: New MJ content (Possibility)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    A song doesn't always need to get a high chart position to last.

    If the song quality is good enough it will be fine. - Many of MJ's song wasn't even released as singles - so they never had a chart position, but they are all just as good IMO. - Who Is It, Keep The Faith, Will You Be There and Heal The World are amongst my favorite songs from Dangerous.
    Will You Be There, Heal The World and Who Is It were all released as singles and were top 10 hits in the UK, which is a major music market.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nite Line For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •