Where The Road May Take Us All...

strawberrypie999

Proud Member
Reading through posts tonight, everyone is missing Michael in a new way. In a more serene way. The hurting is not easier. The pain is no less. The memories are not faded. The music is not silenced. But things seem to be 'different'. Michael finally has his 'home', the family has been given their closure, and the fans have been given a chance to regain their lives and start 'living' again. Though it may be hard to live without Michael, we will pull up our boot straps and learn how to do it, one day at a time.

We were all on a familiar road together, for so very long. Michael held us all together as a group. His fans were there for world tours, CD signings, album releases, Neverland visits. He brought people of all ethnicities, colors, backgrounds, languages and abilities together to do one thing undivided, love. They were there to hold up a man who was broken and slowly dying inside during his trials. He knew he was loved, and at the time all he had to give us was 'I love you more,' and that was okay. That was perfect. That was all we wanted, well, that and his vindication. Which we received.

Now, where will this road take us since it has, in some ways, come to an end? There are no more hills and valleys to go through together. We have emotionally crashed in to a brick wall, and many of us are having problems recovering from such a damaging impact.

But you know what, many of us have done it slowly, and the rest of us will in time.

It is your choice now where you go from here. To leave the board and 'get on with your life', to continue visiting and building friendships...attending annual memorials, flash mobs, keeping tabs on the family. Sending your love, thoughts and hopes and prayers to the family and the children. Spreading your memories and Michael's message to anyone who will listen. Always keeping Michael in your heart and thoughts all the time, whether you are here posting with us or not.

Being on this board doesn't make you a 'fan'. Spreading Michael's mission, loving his compassion and sensitivity, obeying his words, learning from his tragedy...that makes you a fan. Never letting a day go by where you don't try and 'heal' the world, so to speak. And it happens in the smallest of ways. The simplest of forms. The littlest moments make the largest memories in the end.

So picking up the pieces, putting them back together and moving on after Michael has been laid to rest is hard, but it is a new chapter for us. It is a new chapter for his family. It is a new chapter for Michael. His legacy has found a new level to be held upon. He will surpass everyone's expectations and rise above and beyond the term 'King of Pop'. He is the Master of Music as a whole. He will never be forgotten.

I am not implying that the board is going to fizzle out now. There is still so much to talk about. So much to do. So much to watch, hear, and feel.

No, I am more so starting a hope. I hope that we find a way to channel our grief in to love. Our wreckless emotions in to passion and compassion. If we extend hands where there is no love, or no hope we could be the change that Michael so diligently speaks of. Donate your time if you can not donate your money. Donate used clothing if you have no time. Do a small deed if you haven't anything to give at all. The possiblities are endless, and limitless. No one is more 'meaningful' than the other. No one is a 'waste of time' because you are just 'one person'.

All it takes is one person, just look at Michael.

I agree with what you said, it was beautifully written. However this board has helped me so much during these diffucult times, and is nice to share your feelings with people who understand. I hope it never fades away.

Back