Michael Jackson tribute portrait.

alicesprings

Proud Member
1 Dot = 1 Person

You can be part of an official portrait of Michael Jackson. David Ilan is an internationally recognized pointillism artist, which means he draws using only dots. Every single hand-drawn dot David places on his canvas represents a real person. People have joined David's projects from over 150 countries. Every Michael Jackson fan is able to get a free hand-drawn dot added to the portrait in their name.At least one million fans will be needed to complete the drawing, so it’s important to spread the word!

David has explained his work of art like this:

All dots are created equal and all people are created equal. The dots are all the same size and each one is vital to the finished portrait. Each dot individually tells a story of one person, but when the dots work together, that is when the drawing is formed and a purpose is achieved. In essence, people are working together to create a drawing. Participants feel like they are part of a group - they are doing something important by joining; they are part of something bigger than them standing alone. It gives people a certain kind of strength knowing that they are important and necessary in the drawing. I don't add dots until people join (for free). Every dot is in someone's name and if that person did not join, a dot would not have been added.

http://www.michaeljacksontributeportrait.com/howitworks.php

I have my dot, number 15289!
Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished, such a cool piece of tribute art.
xxx

Back