Latoya on 20/20 Friday

ElleBella

Proud Member
Home > Entertainment > Michael Jackson, Remembering the King of Pop
Exclusive: La Toya Jackson on Michael Jackson's Death
La Toya Jackson to Give Barbara Walters First In-Depth Television Interview Since Her Brother's Death
By KATIE THOMSON
Aug. 25, 2009

La Toya Jackson has committed to giving her first one-on-one, in-depth television interview since her brother Michael Jackson died earlier this summer to Barbara Walters.
Dr. Conrad Murray admits giving the singer several drugs before he died..

The no-holds-barred interview will cover topics that include La Toya Jackson's impressions of Michael Jackson's children and her insight into the Jackson family.
La Toya Jackson, who signed Michael Jackson's death certificate, will discuss her close relationship with her brother and reveal why she believes he was murdered. The interview is scheduled to air on "20/20" on Friday, Sept. 11 at 10 p.m. ET.

La Toya Jackson gave an exclusive statement to ABC News regarding the latest in her brother Michael's death investigation.

"I am thankful to the investigators for uncovering the truth to the world," she said in the statement, "and I look forward to the day that justice will be served to all the parties involved in my brother's homicide."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/MichaelJackson/story?id=8405832

I'm just not a big LaToya fan. It's just hard to forget (and I know Michael forgave her) but she actually made comments in 1993 that could have helped put him in jail if a criminal case was pursued at that time.

I'm just not a big LaToya fan. It's just hard to forget (and I know Michael forgave her) but she actually made comments in 1993 that could have helped put him in jail if a criminal case was pursued at that time.

When you're in an abusive relationship, it's amazing the things they can make you do. I think to understand it you have to be in the same kind of relationship that she was in.

When you're in an abusive relationship, it's amazing the things they can make you do. I think to understand it you have to be in the same kind of relationship that she was in.

I know you're right, and the fact is, Michael and his family forgave her, but emotionally it's something I don't forget, and it has affected my impression of her.

I don't think she'll bad mouth Michael with Barbara, but I've got a feeling some of her comments will make me cringe anyway. Just like some of Joe's does.

thanks for posting OP. I programmed it on my tv so I can watch it.

I'm pretty sure the questions will be softballs and/or not too harsh since LaToya is going to be co-hosting Barbara's daytime talk show, THE VIEW, next week, in addition to giving this one-on-one with Barbara. I would imagine that the co-hosting next week would a bit awkward if it was preceded this week by a bad interview on 20/20.

I'm glad she's not my sister. Going on tv and fanning flames. She's an attention whore. Should be funny and interesting to watch though.

I know you're right, and the fact is, Michael and his family forgave her, but emotionally it's something I don't forget, and it has affected my impression of her.
I can't forget it either, because she really seemed to believe what she was saying at the time. She seemed convinced. Didn't appear that anyone was twisting her arm to say those things. I hope that the "abuse" story is true though. It's better than the alternative, that she really believed what she was saying about Michael.

LaToya is not someone who'd I call mentally stable.

But we'll see. I'll watch it just to see what pops out of her mouth.

I think La Toya is smarter than people tend to think. We'll just have to see how it goes.

That was a excellent interview he did with her after Diana's passing... too bad it did nothing to stop the paparazzi from hounding him...

.. I think Toya means well... she may not be the sharpest pencil in the case but I have no doubt she loved her brother. I'll check out the interview. I hope someone will record it and upload it here because I don't want it cluttering up my DVR taking up space! :lol:

I can't forget it either, because she really seemed to believe what she was saying at the time. She seemed convinced. Didn't appear that anyone was twisting her arm to say those things. I hope that the "abuse" story is true though. It's better than the alternative, that she really believed what she was saying about Michael.

It didn't help that Diane Dimond played LaToya's negative comments repeatedly on an Entertainment Tonight segment after Michael died.

That Diane had something like that in her malicious bag of tricks to show viewers (even though it was old) was painful. I don't know if Diane showed Latoya's recanting the comments. I just couldn't watch it.

It didn't help that Diane Dimond played LaToya's negative comments repeatedly on an Entertainment Tonight segment after Michael died.
She did? I watch ET every night, and have been glued to it since MJ died, and not once saw those comments! I've seen them elsewhere though. :sad:

That Diane had something like that in her malicious bag of tricks to show viewers (even though it was old) was painful. I don't know if Diane showed Latoya's recanting the comments. I just couldn't watch it.
I've never seen her show anything recanting those comments either. Diane Dimond isn't in it to get to the TRUTH. She's in it for the ratings and the fame! Can't STAND her!

I saw a preview for this and Barbara asks LaToya if it's true that she stole money from the family (or something along those lines). I'm sure you'll see Walters rehash all of LaToya's controversies which at least in part will also rehash the scandals surrounding Michael.

Barbara Walters makes my stomach turn. She is the one that heavily contributed to the negative image the US got of Michael from Living with Michael Jackson by having all of those interludes between the segments where she, along with Bashir's voiceovers, made every single thing he did seem "disturbing". :closedeyes:

She did? I watch ET every night, and have been glued to it since MJ died, and not once saw those comments! I've seen them elsewhere though. :sad:

I've never seen her show anything recanting those comments either. Diane Dimond isn't in it to get to the TRUTH. She's in it for the ratings and the fame! Can't STAND her!

I could have the show wrong, but ET has been the only entertainment show I've been really watching, and Diane always gets so gleeful when she has something to show to support her negative reporting on Michael.

But it had LaToya (circa '93) saying she was speaking out because she just could not remain silent anymore about Michael being in his bedroom with little boys. She just had to come out about it to protect the little boys.

ugh. 3 things to say about this.

1. I am BEYOND disgusted that LaToya would for ANY reasons give an interview to Barbara Walters after the hatchet job Walters did on Michael with Bashit on Living with Michael Jackson.

2. I fail to understand why some sources make a big deal out of LaToya "signing the death certificate". All she did was provide the necessary family information - name, address of parents, etc., and other basic information. That's something that any family member could have provided.

3. This bothers me the most - "The no-holds-barred interview will cover topics that include La Toya Jackson's impressions of Michael Jackson's children." I do hope that LaToya is far more discreet than she was in her tabloid interview and that she doesn't parade the children's most private moments out in public - that's just wrong and I can't help believing Michael would have HATED it. He valued his children's privacy so deeply. I also hope she doesn't add more fuel to any fires about their parentage - again, as she did in the tabloid interview.

I know I won't watch it. I will rely on transcripts and information provided by others who have watched. I just wouldn't be able to stand looking at Barbara Walters.

Ditto. Why make LaToya's exploitation more of a commodity?

ugh. 3 things to say about this.

1. I am BEYOND disgusted that LaToya would for ANY reasons give an interview to Barbara Walters after the hatchet job Walters did on Michael with Bashit on Living with Michael Jackson.

2. I fail to understand why some sources make a big deal out of LaToya "signing the death certificate". All she did was provide the necessary family information - name, address of parents, etc., and other basic information. That's something that any family member could have provided.

3. This bothers me the most - "The no-holds-barred interview will cover topics that include La Toya Jackson's impressions of Michael Jackson's children." I do that LaToya is far more discreet than she was in her tabloid interview and that she doesn't parade the children's most private moments out in public - that's just wrong and I can't help believing Michael would have HATED it. He valued his children's privacy so deeply. I also hope she doesn't add more fuel to any fires about their parentage - again, as she did in the tabloid interview.

I know I won't watch it. I will rely on transcripts and information provided by others who have watched. I just wouldn't be able to stand looking at Barbara Walters.

I could have the show wrong, but ET has been the only entertainment show I've been really watching, and Diane always gets so gleeful when she has something to show to support her negative reporting on Michael.

But it had LaToya (circa '93) saying she was speaking out because she just could not remain silent anymore about Michael being in his bedroom with little boys. She just had to come out about it to protect the little boys.

You are right, they did show that and Diane Dimond promoted it days in advance as "the shocking video the Jackson family doesn't want you to see!!!!!" That wretched and worthless old hag (Dimond) is the one who should be gone from this earth, not Michael...

La Toya is currently co-hosting on The View
they talked about her statement "Michael was murdered"
and tribute song

Back