Joe Jackson's Mother

Mundy

Proud Member
Does anyone know when Chrystal Lee King died? The year or approximate year would be perfect. It's really hard out find anything about Joe's family. Katherine's side shows right back to her great grandparents.

No reason really only that I'm interested in family trees in general and when I had a look I couldn't find anything on that side.

Does anyone know when Chrystal Lee King died? The year or approximate year would be perfect. It's really hard out find anything about Joe's family. Katherine's side shows right back to her great grandparents.

No reason really only that I'm interested in family trees in general and when I had a look I couldn't find anything on that side.

This is a extract of the autobiography of Joe Jackson (translated inot english) :
You'll see what you're looking for : (She died the 30 november 1990)

"I would like to tell about my mother a little more. She was very sociable, liked to chat and frequently joked. Mum had such a loud voice, that it was audible already from apart, and she liked to laugh. As well as Katherine, she was lovely and friendly. Mother has tought me to cook and sew. And my both parents have shown me how to repair any thing in the house.
Mum cooked very well. Once she even was the chief - cook in hotel. When she quited from there, they even did not want to let her go, but she has not allowed to overpersuade herself because she wanted to be near the family. My father worked in the other city as the teacher, and she did not want to leave us, children, alone.
Though my parents have divorsed, when I was a child, many years later they got married again and till an old age lived happily in Arizona.

When mother became more senior, she was ill, she had to remove one, and in some years and the second kidney. After that she 2 times a week went to dialease, got connected to " an artificial kidney ". She did not love this procedure and never got used to it. It was awful.

After a while she had to pay off for frequent dealease. Her skin turned darker, she has strongly grown thin. On the hand where all time stuck a needle, a big tumour has developed.
Some time the condition of her health was still ok, but then they have called me and have told: " Joe, you should arrive. I think, the end is close ". You know, I was at that time constantly in travels and could not visit her as frequently as I would like. Besides she lived in Arizona, and I in Los Angeles.

After 10 years of dealease her veins have been completely destroyed and she could not continue the treatment anymore. She was discharged from hospital so she could spent the last days at home. I have taken off to her at the same evening.

When I have come, she slept. I have called: "Mum" then she has woken up and has looked at me. Her hand has awfully swelled. I have thought, she has recognised me , but she seemed tired and at once has closed the eyes. She, better get some sleep I thought and left her.
The next morning, it was on November, 30, 1990, I was called by my sister and informed, that my mother has died 3:11in the morning.
Shortly after I have left, she said, she has noticed according to the breath of mother that the end is closed. All of them have risen in a circle, have joined hands and prayed. I am grateful that my sister and children were near to mother in her last minutes.

The sister has said, that else one day prior to death our mother suddenly has very much wanted some dumplings. These dumplings were the last thing she ate.
We did not know, that all to end so quickly after she has stopped the dealease. But I hated these procedures because she had to suffer so much, and now at least her sufferings have ended. Father then still was in hospital, came to the senses after amputation.
Funeral was on Saturday, and many have arrived already on Thursday. All our big family has gathered, the mortuary has been filled up with flowers. There was so many people, that there weren't enough places.
The only thing that was good on this funeral, it that my father at last has again met Michael. He already for a long time did not see him and told me that he misses him. Now he at last could hugg him again on the funeral of mother.
Commemoration were something special. My aunt Norma sang together with the daughter, and it was so perfect, that all of us have been shocked up to depth of soul.
I have been heart-broken, but for some reason could not cry. Only when I have remained alone on a tomb of my mother, the tears have come out and I cried as never before.
I never thought, that I will go through it. My mother was a wonderful woman. Everybody loved her. Now she lays in Phoenix.
It was hard for me and my wife when we within several months have lost both our mothers. But fortunately, I in fact had her, and she had me.
After death of mother, father has remained to live in their common house in Phoenix. Last years of his life everything was good with him, I tried to visit him more often. Still I met there my brothers and sisters and their families, and to me it was pleasant - to have a rest for a couple of days and to spend time with them. Naturaly, I could not stay for a long time - my affairs did not allow me.
When we with the father were together, we frequently sang, in most cases songs which he has learnt in church chorus.
My father was the old person and all of us had to care of him, but it was not difficult for us. Since my sister and her children too lived in Phoenix, he always was in a circle of the family. He was my father and I very much loved him. But nevertheless there has come time when I have lost also him. That's how the world works. On February, 12, 1992, he too has fallen asleep forever."

Thank you so much. It's so sad that the family lost three members in two years

Aww...tears came to my eyes after reading that translation. So sad..loss of loved ones is harsh.

Back