Janet Jackson To Release New Duet With Michael title "Make me" (2008) ~Merged~

cgrimberg

Proud Member
www.contactmusic.com

Janet Jackson To Release New Duet With Michael?

Janet Jackson has teamed up with her brother Michael to record a new track for her upcoming greatest hits compilation.

The siblings duetted on hit dance track Scream, which also appears on the new Number Ones album, but few fans knew the pair had collaborated on another tune, titled “Make Me”, which will close the two-CD set.

Very little is known about the new track, apart from the fact it was recorded last year (08). Jackson’s new hits package will be released in November (09).

Re: Janet Jackson To Release New Duet With Michael title "Make me" (2008)

Doesn't feature Michael at all.

Just samples a line from "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough."

wow this is a dumb article... its been out since sept13th.. n she gave it away for free on her official website... its the only new track on her new double-CD greatest hits package "number ones"... due out november 17th...

-Dal

^

Just goes to show how uninformed and dumb the media is...

If you're gonna write an article about a certain subject, at least research it first so you dont look like a damn fool...

NEW MJ & Janet Duet "Make Me" Coming Out in November (No duet - MJ Sample only)

Janet Jackson has teamed up with her brother Michael from beyond the grave to record a new track for her upcoming greatest hits compilation.
The siblings duetted on hit dance track 'Scream', which also appears on the new Number Ones album, but few fans knew the pair had collaborated on another tune, titled 'Make Me', which will close the two-CD set.
Very little is known about the new track, apart from the fact it was recorded last year.

Jackson's new hits package will be released in November.

http://www.3news.co.nz/New-Janet--M...abid/418/articleID/125556/cat/55/Default.aspx

So the first fresh MJ vocals we will get to hear will be on Janets new album

I wonder if it will be a fast club track or a ballad.

Last edited:
Re: NEW MJ & Janet Duet "Make Me" Coming Out in November

Sweet, definitely looking forward to this. Sounds like a song I can genuinely 100% look forward to.

It's not a duet. She samples a line from DSTYGE and changes a few of the words. This was already posted earlier I think. More sloppy 'research' from the media. Michael probably has a writing credit on the song because of the sampled lyrics and so they took that and assumed it was a duet. Idiots. It would take only 3-4 minutes of their time to actually find out...

It's not a duet. She samples a line from DSTYGE and changes a few of the words. This was already posted earlier I think. More sloppy 'research' from the media. Michael probably has a writing credit on the song because of the sampled lyrics and so they took that and assumed it was a duet. Idiots. It would take only 3-4 minutes of their time to actually find out...

yeah that's what i was thinking

Oh it's just a sample..

damn, when are gonna really get something new from recent Michael...
pissed.

:/ grrr

Re: NEW MJ & Janet Duet "Make Me" Coming Out in November (No duet - MJ Sample only)

wow i really like this song!!!!

Re: NEW MJ & Janet Duet "Make Me" Coming Out in November (No duet - MJ Sample only)

wow i really like this song!!!!

I LOVE this song - very clubby & dancable!

Not this autotune crunk r&b that is....the...same...dog poo over & over again.

It's the kind of song that I'd play getting ready to go out on a Saturday night - or perfect driving music - or chillin' at the beach - or cleaning your house, all of the above!

It's not really a sample of MJs DSTYGE, but just a reprise of her singing the DSTYGE line, which is CUTE!!!!!!!!!

Love Miss Janet.

I just want to say that I DLed this song a while ago, but haven't really listened to it very carefully until last night. I listened to it with my earbuds and I swear I can hear Michael in the background vocals of the chorus. When I first heard it, I thought 'Dang, Janet is sounding like Michael to me.' But the background vocals are mingled with both Michael and Janet vocals so that's why it's a little bit confusing.

Bottom line, IMO, Michael sang on the track. I guess we'll find out when Janet starts doing promo for the album and then she verify if Michael sings on the track or not.

I just want to say that I DLed this song a while ago, but haven't really listened to it very carefully until last night. I listened to it with my earbuds and I swear I can hear Michael in the background vocals of the chorus. When I first heard it, I thought 'Dang, Janet is sounding like Michael to me.' But the background vocals are mingled with both Michael and Janet vocals so that's why it's a little bit confusing.

Bottom line, IMO, Michael sang on the track. I guess we'll find out when Janet starts doing promo for the album and then she verify if Michael sings on the track or not.

Woah... I listened to it again after you mentioned that and I thought I heard a bit of Mike too... I'm not sure if its the beat or because you mentioned it that I heard something... :lol:

Back