Sony-apple "this is it" compromise

Calotte12

Proud Member
SONY-APPLE "THIS IS IT" COMPROMISE: According to sources, after negotiations between Sony and Apple, Michael Jackson's This Is It album will be available on iTunes in two versions--one full-length, the other a six-song EP. All tracks on both will be available as individual downloads, except for the new single, "This Is It." The six-song EP will be comprised of recent recordings from Michael's live performance, while the full-length includes a number of re-released catalog tracks.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

WHAT!?! 6 LIVE SONGS ?!? :O

++++

MORE GHOULISH STUFF: According to Finke, the rehearsal footage, including meetings and auditions and other behind-the-scenes material, was only shot in the first place because Michael Jackson wanted it for his personal archive. When the pre-concert production began running over its $25m budget, AEG almost ditched the HD crews to cut costs. Which is ironic, because as soon as AEG officials found out about the superstar’s death, they secured all of the 100 hours of rehearsal footage with the intent to turn it into live albums, a movie and TV special. Finke once again quotes Randy Phillips’ “ghoulish” claim: "He was our partner in life and now he's our partner in death." (10/15p)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

"The six-song EP will be comprised of recent recordings from Michael's live performance"

I think it means the two this is it tracks and all of CD2??

At least they will be available as individual downloads. I was afraid it would be some "album only" crapola, like with The Ultimate Collection.

MJ's business sense..much better than SOny's. all other 'older'MJ singles are available on itunes. i'm sure MJ would demand this to be sold as a single, but leave it to Sony to be greedy.

"The six-song EP will be comprised of recent recordings from Michael's live performance"

I think it means the two this is it tracks and all of CD2??

Yes, all the EP is all the unreleased songs/demos and the poem without the greatest hits. It's a great idea.

MJ's business sense..much better than SOny's. all other 'older'MJ singles are available on itunes. i'm sure MJ would demand this to be sold as a single, but leave it to Sony to be greedy.

I don't agree. Obviously Michael had a killer business sense - but he would never have let Sony release the This Is It song at all. Jus my two cents :)

I don't agree. Obviously Michael had a killer business sense - but he would never have let Sony release the This Is It song at all. Jus my two cents :)
well..whether or not people agree on the single, MJ not being afraid of selling something as a single for a mere 99 cents has been something that never scared him from the time he was little. and all his other singles, to the time of his standoff with Sony, are proof, that that would never change for him. Sony is afraid to sell something for 99 cents...not realizing that a few billion people buying it, will still fill their greedy pockets. it's easy to see that evidence, because they wait till he's gone, to go back to selling bulk of something new. by the way, it's all subjective. we don't know what Michael would have done, because, like me, there are people who like the song just the way it is, and i personally would buy it, right now, as a single.(the orchestral version)

Last edited:
So this will essentially prevent Michael from getting another #1 from TII. I don't usually blame Sony for things, but this would have been a perfect time to get his 11th #1.

Back