Do you think Michael would have gone into acting?

Kane

Proud Member
Obviously Michael loved movies and was always 'hands on' and even talked about directing a movie after TII. But, do you think he would have ever gone into acting? This Is It was supposed to be his "final curtain call" but I don't think that was it for him, so do you think he would have ever would have started making alot more movies, maybe even starring in the himself etc.?

this is a really good point. Michael always seemed to really like movies and the escapism it would give people. i think he liked how he could have a group of people for a few hours and really wow them. Michael would've been a really good musical director. composing and writing music for movie. that's where i think he really would've shined brightest :yes:

His acting was so good in the Smooth Criminal clips in the movie. I was very impressed! However, the only way I could see him acting in movies is if it was like *his* movie (He definitely had a million more Moonwalkers and Ghosts in him.) But I think as far as like Hollywood Blockbusters, he was too big for that and it would have made him too accessible.

I think this was only "it" for tours and stuff of that nature. He still had Film ahead of him (directing, producing), Theatre productions like Thriller (which he'd already negotiated a Broadway run for) and I happen to think a J5 musical (a la 'Jersey Boys', 'We Will Rock You', or 'Memphis' would be brilliant!). He had stuff in Vegas calling his name, Amusement Park/Charity Foundations waiting to be created, and of course children's books waiting to be written... =(

I just think he could have done anything, absolutely anything he wanted to and succeeded. *sighs* =/

Last edited:
He already did..........

The Wiz
Thriller
Bad (full version)
Moonwalker
Ghosts

Also, Kenny Ortega said something about making films with Michael after the concerts.

Let's be realisitic. His appearance severely limited the roles he could be cast in. Paul Hunter, the director of You Rock My World, said they obscured his face as much as possible and tried not to draw attention to it. Since film acting requires shots of the face, it would be very difficult for film audiences not to be distracted by his surgically reconstructed and heavily made up face. That's the blunt truth.

Last edited:
No at this point he wanted to direct, not to act, but he did wanted to act when he was younger, he wanted to do the movie of Peter Pan, the one that is called Hook, Michael was friends with Steven Spielberg back in time, Michael thought steven would gave him the role, but spielberg gave it to Robin Williams, the movie is aweful, it would have been magical if instead of Robin Williams (the actor) it was Michael

I think he would've made a great director. I really good one. But i do thing sadly people would focus to much on his face, and the whole movie would get lost behind it. Which it's sad but that's the truth of it. But as a director i think he would've have really shinned. He want to do a movie for the book "They cage the animals at night" which is one of the best books i've ever read. Please do read it.

Michael would be a director into his old age.. creating magic time and time again on the big screen. And he would also do musicals and release his own classical pieces he had been working on :wub:

The 3 shortfilms that impressed me the most with his acting was BAD,Smooth Criminal, and Ghost.It was all him.Even when he first got his feet wet In The WIZ. He made the parts believeable and it kept me glued to my seat. His gueststarring roles with Men In Black 2 told us what he was feeling when he was going through the dispute with SONY( funny how it ties in with The SONY DEMONSTRATION that my daughter and I attended in 2002,SONY SUCKS !!!) and Miss Castaway and The Island Girls was Otay but he was being comedic trying stretch the Role of Agent M from MIBII..I always believed with the right part,he would be a great actor,In Drama and in comedy.I could see him play a drama with George Clooney or Brad Pitt(Yell to Angela Jolie, leave Michael alone,He's ours,Right Girls ?) or a Comedy with Tyler Perry's charatcer Madea or do a voiceover for cartoons like he did for the Simpsons or Do Broadway theater or being that he had great vision when he does videos and when he does his gigs,He could have been a great director. but Now we'll never know what he would had done. It was his dream to become a good actor and show the world he is a all around entertainer. A Quad threat .Wow. This is making me cry.

Yes I think he would of I just was watching the short film for the music video "bad" he became that character and when he made a little Cameo in Man in Black 2 as agent M haha.

personally no. unless played someone else in full makeup to the point where ppl wouldnt know it was mj unless they knew b4 hand. edgar poe would have been good for that.

Serious dramatic acting probably not. But movie musicals he could have, in the earlier days. A couple of months ago I saw a video on youtube of MJ tap dancing in a number from the old Jackson's variety show. He was so good! It made me wonder WHY he didn't do more movie musicals. A lighthearted, fun movie with dancing and singing like Grease or something.

Oh geez, I still haven't seen The Wiz. What am I waiting for?

Mike was offered a part in A Chorus Line in the early 1980s. He turned it down because the character he was offered was homosexual, and Mike didn't want to add to what a lot of people thought back then about him.

Mike was offered a part in A Chorus Line in the early 1980s. He turned it down because the character he was offered was homosexual, and Mike didn't want to add to what a lot of people thought back then about him.

He was right to turn it down then. The public often cannot distinguish between fantasy and fiction.

My daughter was in A CHORIS LINE in High School(I called her play off off Off Broadway because her High School was a couple of blocks up from Broadway.) and it was a great play on Broadway too . Could you imagine him singing "Give me The Ball ,Give Me The Ball,Give Me The Ball Yeah" ? or say "Stand up straight" due to his little problem that made him embarrassed in school. Or say I want to be a Moviestar looking sheepished. Yes, He could have been on Broadway but not something Like A CHORUS LINE but who really knows. Maybe a New Play that would complement on his talents, Hey, Have a open mind on that Dramatic acting. I think he would have done very well. It's like when Elvis started in Movies. Elvis wanted to be a Darmatic Romantic Actor, not so much a singing sctor everytime he did a movie. Elvis got fustrated everytime they asked him. He got his wish in the late 60s doing some dramatic leads and even did 2 westerns almost near the end of his life.Frank Sinatra too, Dick Powell.Mostly all the singers who began singing in Movies decided to just act and not sing in movies. And sometimes it worked.

Obviously Michael loved movies and was always 'hands on' and even talked about directing a movie after TII. But, do you think he would have ever gone into acting? This Is It was supposed to be his "final curtain call" but I don't think that was it for him, so do you think he would have ever would have started making alot more movies, maybe even starring in the himself etc.?

I think Michael would have done something behind the scenes as well as making in front of camera appearences and performences.. Michael is so mutli-talented he could have done anything,his creative visionary skills would have allowed that. i think he would have done any of it.. It is in his blood. In my humble opinion his kids were to come first,but he had BIG plans for his legacy his art.

Back