New Faith Evans album & singles

helena22

Proud Member
http://www.vibe.com/content/full-clip-faith-pg-7
By: kmurphy Posted 8-13-2010 12:06 pm

Faith_Evans_Album.jpg

Something About Faith(2010)

"I’m just thankful that I’m still able to do what I love. There’s so much talent out there today beyond the music industry. Some artist’s music will probably never see the light of day. But I look at them and say, ‘Oh my God…if I could only sing like you!’ When people say I’m a last of a dying breed, I take that as a compliment. But there are other people out there. My 12-year-old son can sing…he can blow. I’m not trying to make him the next American Idol, but there’s talent there. During my time away, I stayed busy. I got pregnant, so I decided to work on my book Keep The Faith: A Memoir (2008) because I had some time on my hands. I didn’t want to speak on the different sensationalized things that I’ve been through unless I was writing my life story. I got with the right collaborator [Aliyah S. King]; someone who got me. And it turned out to be a huge success.
I describe my new album Something About Faith as the new adventures of the old Faith. My first single is called “Gone Already.” It’s a ballad that was produced by Carvin Haggins, Ivan Barias and myself. I just stay in my lane, but I still listen to everything out there and try to respect and appreciate anybody who manages to break through. I have four kids, so I have to stay in tune with what’s happening. I just try to represent well for those Faith Evans fans. As I get older, I have to check myself at my shows when I sing a line like, ‘In ATL I caught a case, and the motherfuckers tried to say…’ My husband is like, ‘You have to stop cursing like that [laughs].’ I try to be a lot more conscious of that now, especially in public. But in the end, I’m still the same Faith."

Promo single: Way You Move ft.Snoop Dogg
[youtube]bUWYFyIDN8U[/youtube]
1st single: Gone Already
[youtube]N8N7zy8GUgs[/youtube]

*More info on the album
---the producers and guest appearances: Chucky Thompson, Snoop Dogg, Saalem Remi, Raekwon, Redman, (possibly) Mary Mary
Here she is listing the names. The interview was done in April.

[youtube]b_J544uEL3A[/youtube]

Last edited:
Back