"Fall Again" question

murushki

Proud Member
Hay, y'all :)

I know that this theme probably has been previously discussed, but the search has given me no results so far.

I always wondered if Michael sampled Sting's "Shape of My Heart" (OST from "Leon", 1993) in "Fall Again". Both songs sound VERY alike at the beginning. I've tried to find credits for "Fall Again", but failed since I haven't got Ultimate Collection CDs, and the only info available re: the song is the Wiki article, which says:

"Michael Jackson recorded a demo of "Fall Again" in 1999 for his album Invincible, but the song was never finished, and therefore did not make the final cut. As the original writer of the song Walter Afanasieff confirmed in January 2000, ‘We worked to the point that we were three-fourths of the way finished, then the incident happened when his son (Prince) got very sick. We’re going to have to reserve a little spot to finish the song.’ Robin Thicke was credited as a co-writer and contributed background vocals for this demo. The demo was released on November 16, 2004 as a album track of his limited edition box set - The Ultimate Collection."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_Again)

Do you guys have any other info? Thanks a lot in advance!

Silouette, thanks for looking it up!

But it really sounds similar, though... Or am I just "seeing things"?.. :)

Back