15 years ago today

Randy Phillips (in his leaked emails and also in his testimonies) actually confirmed what Mark Lester stated about the singer being drunk right before and during the 'This Is It' press conference:

"Michael Jackson is locked in his room drunk and despondent, a self-loathing emotionally paralyzed mess" (Randy Phillips)

There are also reports and statements that Michael Jackson consumed so much alcohol (right before the 'This Is It' press conference) which made Randy Phillips slap him so loud that the walls almost crumbled to the ground.
Find a less annoying pass time.

Remember Tohme Tohme? I may be going against the majority here but I always enjoyed seeing him clap so enthusiastically when MJ started to do the punching motion to whip up the crowd during the announcement.

Didn't seem like the type of guy that Michael would be terrified of so the rumours of their relationship was always odd to me.

One great thing that came out of the press conference, is the rumours became more positive about Michael. It was less about his private life and more about the show, and potential new album.
It was such an exciting time, it's bittersweet to look back on now

Remember Tohme Tohme? I may be going against the majority here but I always enjoyed seeing him clap so enthusiastically when MJ started to do the punching motion to whip up the crowd during the announcement.

Didn't seem like the type of guy that Michael would be terrified of so the rumours of their relationship was always odd to me.
Tohme Tohme came up with every successful idea the estate has done now. Cirque De Soleil, the Musical, and the Biopic. He deserves more name cred for that.

One great thing that came out of the press conference, is the rumours became more positive about Michael. It was less about his private life and more about the show, and potential new album.
It was such an exciting time, it's bittersweet to look back on now
MJ didn't need to die for his image to be rehabilitated. Especially since they're just tarnishing him when they can.

Was not into the MJ fandom at the time but I remember seeing a video of the announcement and thinking it was cool that he was coming back for one last round of shows. As many others have already said though, this turned out to be a very bittersweet moment.

Shit, this actually hits me pretty hard this time for some reason...

Back