1983 Debbie Allen pays tribute to Michael

83magic

Proud Member
choreographer Debbie Allen, along with ‘the kids from fame’, paid tribute to Michael in a small segment in a concert from the magical year of 1983💜 it’s from around 27.20 to 32.30. I love her little speech, it really summed up the feeling of the time. her interpretation of michael’s dance is interesting, and makes me wonder how he would have performed ‘baby be mine🤔

Oh, I loved this. I loved Fame back in the day and most of that was down to Debbie Allen. She did great work on the film and also the tv show. But, yeah, the MJ section here was fabulous. She's a really good dancer and has great moves, a great physique and I really enjoyed watching her again. But, of course, kind of hard to watch and not make the inevitable comparisons. Not only Michael's awesome ability as a dancer but also his physique and his physicality just bring so much to what he's doing. His interpretations, his feel, his everything. It's all on another level.

But this was wonderful. She staged the segment really well and the performance is great. A lovely tribute to him.

Yeah that was cool, interesting medley choice. Good interpretation both vocally and visually. I did laugh though with her high pitched "but the KIIIID is not my son" part. 😁

Back