-

WELL WELL
I do remember Rodney Jerkins saying MJ had them look for NEW sounds for Invincible. The way Rodney tells it, he was out at Junk Yards hitting things and putting on tape and the sound on INVINCIBLE intro is ACTUALLY the sound of the CATTLE GATE in Neverland, opening and closing.

The intro of "Unbreakable" sounds like a heavy object such as a boulder being pushed, or an animal growling. Then, you hear fighting sound effects like in a boxing match before what I'm pretty sure is a Godzilla sample.

WELL WELL
I do remember Rodney Jerkins saying MJ had them look for NEW sounds for Invincible. The way Rodney tells it, he was out at Junk Yards hitting things and putting on tape and the sound on INVINCIBLE intro is ACTUALLY the sound of the CATTLE GATE in Neverland, opening and closing.
It is this, it can be heard on an MJCAST episode, it recorded by one of the presenters who visited the property and sounds identical

It is this, it can be heard on an MJCAST episode, it recorded by one of the presenters who visited the property and sounds identical
but what do the sounds of the cattle gate have to do with the song Invincible?
I get the car sounds on She Drives Me Wild, but the opening cattle gate? does it mean, he opens his heart to her?

I get the car sounds on She Drives Me Wild, but the opening cattle gate? does it mean, he opens his heart to her?

The cows were not MJ's, he only rented the grazing ground to his neighbour and that ("believe it or not") was his main income, as in money that he can easily access and used for his day to day life. It might just mean he is opening the door to his fortune haha MJ got milk.

Oh, the opening of a gate (or door, or window) is a mighty rewarding analogy.

Edit:
seinfeld-frank-costanza.gif

Last edited:
Back