9/11

Michael was in New York City at the time of the attacks. There's a longtime rumor floating around that he was due to have a meeting in the World Trade Center on that day, but missed it because he overslept - no clue how true that is.

Apparently Michael and his kids retreated to the Cascio household in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey on September 13.

Here's a beautiful story from Stacy Brown, a journalist who is close with Jermaine:

“I’ve got to make sure [my fans] are OK,” Jackson told me by telephone that Friday [Sept. 14]. “What would they think if I’m safe and they’re left hanging out there with nowhere to go? They came from England, they came from France and they came from Japan. How are they getting along?”

Jackson wound up footing the bill for nearly three dozen fans to stay in New Jersey. He even treated them to fast food and movie outings.

“We should get that in the newspapers,” [Jackson rep Bob] Jones told him.

“No,” the singer protested. “The people in those buildings [the World Trade Center], the paramedics, firefighters, the police, the mayor. They should be in the newspapers.”

AlwaysThere;4168749 said:
Michael was in New York City at the time of the attacks. There's a longtime rumor floating around that he was due to have a meeting in the World Trade Center on that day, but missed it because he overslept - no clue how true that is.

Jermaine was the one who ignited such rumours, stating that Michael was meant to be at the WTC that morning in an interview a few years back:

In a new interview, Jermaine gave Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush a preview of the candid memoir where he revealed that his brother was supposed to be in The World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001.

“My mother had stayed up with him all the way until four in the morning and he just slept; he missed his appointments, which was great,” Jermaine told Billy, saying Michael — a long time sufferer of sleep deprivation — had planned to attend meetings in the Twin Towers that day. “My mother told us that he was fine,” Jermaine recalled.

Last edited:
SkyWalk;4168748 said:
Was Michael in New York the morning of 9/11?

MJ was sleeping in his hotel room (in New York) when the 9/11 terrorist attacks took place.

Also, according to Jermaine Jackson, MJ was about to visit (!) the World Trade Center during that morning:

“… We were terrified when the towers fell, as we knew Michael was due there. But mom said he [MJ] was fine. He missed his meetings, which was great…” (Jermaine Jackson)

Thankfully, MJ overslept due to his tiredness that was brought on by his last night performance (MSG Anniversary Shows), meaning he did not eventually attend that meeting in the Twin Towers.

MJ himself described vividly how he learned about those attacks when he woke up (in his hotel room) in that morning :

“… I got a call from overseas that said America's being attacked. I said, "What are you talking about?" They said, "Turn on the news." And I couldn't believe what I saw. And I screamed down the hallway, "Everybody, quick, get up, we've got to go." And everybody got dressed, and we got in the car and drove farther out..." (Michael Jackson)

Later, in the same day, MJ & his children departed for New Jersey.

I honestly wonder how different it would be if Michael Jackson died in those attacks. It was already a devastating attack on the American nation, it's financial system, cities and it's people, but now their culture as well? Michael Jackson - one of the most famous and beloved American icons ever - murdered by terrorists? Holy shit...

How different would things turn out? How different would some people (especially non-Americans) react? How would people see Michael today? Would his message of peace be even more powerful now that he had been slaughtered by monsters who committed the very acts he sung against?

And then on top of that, I worry about how much attention would be given to Michael versus the other victims? It's a very, very touchy subject because I mean... how do you balance that? We all saw the attention he got when he actually died, the outpouring of grief for him alone... you have this HUGE American icon but if you start focusing on him over the other victims, I can see it getting very messy very quickly.

Last edited:
So Michael wouldn't of been able to actually see the twin towers with his own eyes if he had to turn on the TV to see what was going on?

AlwaysThere;4168749 said:
Here's a beautiful story from Stacy Brown, a journalist who is close with Jermaine:

“I’ve got to make sure [my fans] are OK,” Jackson told me by telephone that Friday [Sept. 14]. “

I am sorry but Stacy Brown is a fantasist, not a credible for anything at all. He never talked to MJ. He was close to Rebbie at one point and tried to get close to MJ through her but he rejected him and then he jumped ship and is talking trash about MJ ever since - being close friends with the likes of Diane Dimond, being the ghoswriter of Bob Jones' trashy book (about which Jones basically admitted on the stand it is full of lies) and also adding trash to Jermaine's supposed book that Jermaine says he never said. I wouldn't quote this guy on anything. He is a proven liar and fantasist who made a living off pretending to be "close" to MJ when he wasn't at all. He was just a wannabe who never actually managed to get close to him.

As for the topic, according to Frank Cascio's book it is not true that MJ was supposed to go to the WTC that morning. He says it was him who was supposed to go there to bring back some watch.

I had my alarm set for seven forty-five the next morning, because I was supposed to bring the $2 million watch back to the Bank of America, but I slept through the alarm and awoke only when the phone rang. It was Henry, Michael’s security guard. He said, “Hello, sir, I just want to let you know that planes hit the Twin Towers.”

The night before, everybody had been joking about how I was going to take off with the $2 million watch. Still in a fog, I didn’t properly understand what Henry was talking about and assumed it had something to do with the watch. “Oh shit,” I said. “I’m sorry. I forgot to bring the watch there. I’ll go right now.” I started to scramble out of bed. I was late! I had to get to the World Trade Center—to Bank of America. “No, sir,” Henry replied. “I don’t think you fully understand. We need to get out of here. Do you have any idea where we can go?” I heard the panic in his voice and turned on the TV.

Valerie was next to me, saying, “What’s going on? What’s going on?” In a matter of seconds, we packed up our belongings and met Michael, Paris, Prince, Grace, and my brothers Eddie, Dominic, and Aldo at the car. I suggested we head to my parents’ house, but we soon realized that the bridges to New Jersey were closed. Luckily, one of the security guards was a retired chief of police. He called someone in the police department and got us permission to leave the city. As we crossed the George Washington Bridge, we looked downtown and saw the smoke. The first tower had fallen. “Wow,” Michael said, shaking his head. He started to say something, then looked at Prince, whose eyes were wide and innocent, and closed his mouth.

But I know what was going through his head, because soon after we got to New Jersey, he started talking about how he could use the song “What More Can I Give” to raise money for the survivors and the families of victims of September 11. It had been such a calm, peaceful day. The concert had felt big, like an amazing spectacle. The next day the whole country changed. In an instant, my work with Michael Jackson felt insignificant and dispensable.

Last edited:
I am a little bit shocked that fans quotes Stacy Brown as a reliable source and not aware of his background

Back