A thought about Oprah

Nantucket Cat

Proud Member
Something keeps coming to my mind about Oprah, specifically regarding her viewing of LN on the yacht. Wasn't that day on the yacht her birthday celebration this year? Assuming she believes the accusations in it, who the hell would want to invite people to their birthday party to watch that?! (I have the same thought about the fact that it's coming out on DVD; what kind of person wants to not only watch that multiple times, but actually own a hard copy of it?) I'm not surprised she wanted to watch it, but what a weird context. It just seems like such an odd choice on her part.

Mods, if this would be better somewhere else, by all means feel free to move it. I just had to get that out there.

I don’t know what possessed anyone to want to watch LN more than once. To me it has no entertainment value. I guess for Oprah it was about cash. Sensationalism sells. I heard (I have to find where and I could be wrong too🤷🏾*♀️) David Geffen is an investor that backs Oprah. Honestly there has got to be a better way to make money.

While I get that it was produced by Oprah, what scratches my head is why they would want to celebrate by watching something that traumatic like that? Even if you did produce it? Felt like more the celebration of taking down MJ than anything.

For Oprah, I think its about more than $. Its to get the publics attention on MJ instead of her friend Weinstein and others in hollywood. Its all part of the "hate MJ or else your crazy" agenda.The media makes it so obvious. Only Haters/pedophiles will actually pick up and buy the DVD for themselves IMO. No one in their right mind would watch this more than once let alone own it. Taj was right, Oprah was never really a friend of the family. She used Mj for ratings in '93 and now. Too bad her horror film flopped.

Unfortunately, it did not flop in some people's minds. I've just made a thread ('MJ & LGBT') on how some Madonna fans fully believe ROBson & SafeCHECK. Michael's reputation was tarnished a long time before Leaving Neverland, but that movie has made things worse. I'm however glad it flopped in the sense not as many people as anticipated saw it.

Back