According to Sony's official press release, Michael has sold over 1 billion records. In the history of all forms of media, that puts him 3rd.

IhateTheMedia

Proud Member
Country
United-States
William Shakespeare and Agatha Christie have sold a reported figure of 2 Billion each. Is it possible for Michael to catch them? His musical is currently on pace to be top 10 all time, he has the two most successful circus shows of all time and has a biopic coming up by the same people who made those. Will all of that be enough to boost his sales numbers up to 2 billion?

Last edited:
I hope if the biopic hype is coming, he will surpass Shakespeare and Christie's numbers.
Have you any idea what you are talking about? Your ideas are not far away from reality. They are grotesquely, horrifically and ludicrously unrealistic.

Do you really think that 1.2 billion Michael Jackson records will be sold solely because a biopic about his life was released? You do realize that he did not manage to sell 1 billion records even when he was alive.

Have you any idea what you are talking about? Your ideas are not far away from reality. They are grotesquely, horrifically and ludicrously unrealistic.

Do you really think that 1.2 billion Michael Jackson records will be sold solely because a biopic about his life was released? You do realize that he did not manage to sell 1 billion records even when he was alive.
I disputed your claim, and Sony refuses to recertify.

the bible writers are number one
It is impossible to know exactly how many copies have been printed in the roughly 1500 years since its contents were standardized, but research conducted by the British and Foreign Bible Society in 2021 suggests that the total number probably lies between 5 and 7 billion copies.

Even if he had sold 1 Billion, do you think he would sell another billion because of a film? How would that work?
Don't bother with her. She thinks they're gonna add Michael to Fortnite and devote a federal holiday to him. I think she just pulls up whatever she can come up with.

It would become viral.
Sorry love but you're a little deluded if you think he's gonna sell a billion on the back of the biopic.

If the film is a success, his streaming numbers will increase but album sales he will be lucky to sell even a couple million.

Sorry love but you're a little deluded if you think he's gonna sell a billion on the back of the biopic.

If the film is a success, his streaming numbers will increase but album sales he will be lucky to sell even a couple million.
Then that's the promotion of the upcoming biopic.

Then that's the promotion of the upcoming biopic.
98% of artist never sell a billion records..

You could have the greatest ever promotion campaign for this film and it still won't shift more than 10 million at the very very max in terms of records.

You need to be realistic.

Also, Michael's music has been part of the world culture for about 5 decades now - most people already have his music or have at least heard of it.

The biopic will hopefully earn him millions of new fans but I don't think they're gonna go out and buy his music, it will all be streamed.

Also, Michael's music has been part of the world culture for about 5 decades now - most people already have his music or have at least heard of it.

The biopic will hopefully earn him millions of new fans but I don't think they're gonna go out and buy his music, it will all be streamed.
Fine

Of course it won’t be bought. I heard Taylor Swift has 270 million followers. If they all buy her latest album it would massacre thriller but they don’t

Back