Adam Ant Talks About Meeting Michael Jackson

JohnC

Proud Member
Adam Ant Talks About Meeting Michael Jackson on Adam Hills In Gordon Street Tonight.

John Thank you for finding that :) Was a very nice funny story and props for MJ from Adam Ant

I need to count how many people hung up on Michael. It seems like EVERYONE whom he called for the first time thought it was a joke! :)

Thanks for this. Adam Ant was a great showman too with amazing and innovative videos.

In other interviews adam ant has done, he says mj goes on to ask him in that phone call where he got the jacket he wore on king of the wild frontiers video, it was military looking and very stylish and actually very mj - i think mj must have taken note of adam ant's whole 'look' back then. AAnt was really talented and big in the uk in the early 80s.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video, I like Adam Ant and his music a lot!

I made a thread about this last year, where you can see Adam gave a much more detailed version of this story :D

He changed the story a bit, but still funny.

This is the link http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/110573-Adam-Ant-gave-MJ-some-fashion-advices.

According to Adam, Michael asked for the drum parts in these 2 songs

[youtube]MEMOvzyIAWI[/youtube]
[youtube]-cEwpSOETWA[/youtube]

and then he asked where to get that jacket :)

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with Adam Ant. I'm sure I've head their songs but connecting the dots (so to speak) on song- to singer hasn't happened. And I usually confuse Adam Ant with Alien Ant Farm boys who covered Smooth Criminal. I have to keep reminding myself that they're NOT one and the same.
I thought this meeting was more recent.
Thanks for the video.

Adam Ant Talks About Meeting Michael Jackson on Adam Hills In Gordon Street Tonight.

Thank you so much for sharing! This is great! So sweet and funny. I love it when others in the industry speak the truth about MJ...like this...just talking about what a genius he was, and what a great man he was!

Sigh.....I miss him so, so much!

Back