album colors

1958MJJmoonwalker7

Applehead_MJ
why are there two colors for the xscape album? (gold and silver) is it because they are two different versions? i tried looking it up but i couldnt find it (i dont actually have the albums so i dont know 😅😢) same thing with invincible; why are there SO many different colors? is it just for marketing purposes?

why are there two colors for the xscape album? (gold and silver) is it because they are two different versions? i tried looking it up but i couldnt find it (i dont actually have the albums so i dont know 😅😢) same thing with invincible; why are there SO many different colors? is it just for marketing purposes?
Silver was the standard version that did not contain any of the original tracks before they were reinvented.

The deluxe gold version had everything on it.

Invincible colours was more of a marketing thing you're correct!

Yeah, two different versions of Xscape (normal edition and "I want to pay more" edition).

Invincible had 4 versions, so did Number Ones, because they were trying a new way to exploit people into spending 4 times as much.

There is an old Led Zeppelin album called In Through The Out Door and it had 6 different covers. The buyer didn't know which cover they were getting because the record came in brown wrapping. I don't think the 8-track came in the wrapping though, lol.

Invincible colours was more of a marketing thing you're correct!
To be more exact, the idea of the 'Invincible' album colours was more of a cheap marketing thing.
Invincible had 4 versions
There is also the purple colour of the 'Invincible' album, if you count also the 'A Taste Of Invincible' promo album (with 6 songs).

Yeah "I want to pay more" considering the deluxe version of Xscape came with 9 extra tracks, a DVD, and a poster
To put it another way - we didn't really need all the songs to be there twice. That was the reason the album only had 8 songs, instead of a more normal 12-14.

:-(

To be more exact, the idea of the 'Invincible' album colours was more of a cheap marketing thing.
Did anybody on here ever run the poll of "How many colours did you buy?" I guess without exploiting the collectors, Invincible might only have sold 4 million copies instead of 6 million.

To put it another way - we didn't really need all the songs to be there twice. That was the reason the album only had 8 songs, instead of a more normal 12-14.

:-(
We got the contemporary remixes and the original demos that's why they were on twice.

Back