Alfonso Ribeiro On Michael Jackson Molestation Allegations: ‘I Simply Won’t Believe It’

bobmoo79

Proud Member
http://www.accesshollywood.com/alfo...ations-i-simply-wont-believe-it_article_83140

[h=1]Alfonso Ribeiro On Michael Jackson Molestation Allegations: ‘I Simply Won’t Believe It’[/h]First Published: August 14, 2013 10:17 PM EDTCredit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, CALIF. --
i.jpg
CaptionAlfonso Ribeiro says he’s always thought of his late friend Michael Jackson as a “child caught in a man’s body,” and it is one of the reasons he will never believe the molestation allegations against the entertainer.

“Quite frankly, no matter how many reports or things, or what people say, I will never believe that Michael was any of the things that they want to report about him,” he told Access Hollywood’s Kit Hoover. “I won’t believe it because being a kid and being 12, 13, and 14, knowing Michael Jackson and hanging out with Michael, it never occurred, it never seemed like it could have occurred. There was nothing ever questionable, I simply won’t believe it.”
Ribeiro, who previously appeared in a Pepsi commercial opposite the pop star (he played amini version of Jackson, complete with a “Beat It”-esque red jacket) has only innocent memories of the entertainer.
PHOTOS: Michael Jackson & His Superstar Friends
“At the end of the day Michael was a kid, and kids like hanging out with other kids, not adults, so I just think that he reached a point, you know, at that age where he just kind of stayed there,” Ribeiro added.
Ribeiro was just 12 years old when he was cast in the Pepsi commercial opposite Jackson.
PHOTOS: Michael Jackson — The Life Of An Icon
While speaking to Kit, Ribeiro said that working with Jackson was “the greatest thing that could have ever happened in my life at that time, I thought it was the coolest thing ever.”
“I looked at Michael and I still look at Michael this way, and I will always look at Michael this way: Michael was a man, he was a child caught in a man’s body,” Ribeiro said. “He is absolutely a child, and I viewed him that way.”

Thanks Alfonso for remaining true.

I know people like to use that phrase loosely, but I don't think Michael was a child caught in a man's body. I think Michael was a man who looked back at his childhood and realized he missed those childhood elemental experiences. He began yearning for them & there was a psychological need to have them. He then found a way to have them by hanging with & playing with children.

If an adult talks to Micahel they become amazed at his intellect, and he engages with adults he trusts well. So, to me there was no little kid trapped in there. It was just that he needed the "inner child" that is in every human to have its fun, which was denied the inner child for years.

As he played with them, he realized the benefits of children. They don't judge you in the way adults do. They don't try to make deals with you and stab you in the back. They keep you happy, so you yourself remain clam and happy due to that, etc., etc. The more he saw the benefits the more he wanted to hang out and play with them. However, he forgot children have parents.........

Nice words .
I came to think of this old poem written by an old lady in the geriatric ward of a hospital.

See Me
What do you see, nurses, what do you see?
Are you thinking, when you look at me –
A crabby old woman, not very wise,
Uncertain of habit, with far-away eyes,
Who dribbles her food and makes no reply,
When you say in a loud voice — “I do wish you’d try.”

Who seems not to notice the things that you do,
And forever is losing a stocking or shoe,
Who unresisting or not, lets you do as you will,
With bathing and feeding, the long day to fill.
Is that what you’re thinking, is that what you see?
Then open your eyes, nurse, you’re looking at ME…
I’ll tell you who I am, as I sit here so still;
As I rise at your bidding, as I eat at your will.

I’m a small child of ten with a father and mother,
Brothers and sisters, who love one another,
A young girl of sixteen with wings on her feet.
Dreaming that soon now a lover she’ll meet;
A bride soon at twenty — my heart gives a leap,
Remembering the vows that I promised to keep;
At twenty-five now I have young of my own,
Who need me to build a secure, happy home;
A woman of thirty, my young now grow fast,
Bound to each other with ties that should last;
At forty, my young sons have grown and are gone,
But my man’s beside me to see I don’t mourn;
At fifty once more babies play ’round my knee,
Again we know children, my loved one and me.

Dark days are upon me, my husband is dead,
I look at the future, I shudder with dread,
For my young are all rearing young of their own,
And I think of the years and the love that I’ve known;
I’m an old woman now and nature is cruel –
‘Tis her jest to make old age look like a fool.

The body is crumbled, grace and vigor depart,
There is now a stone where once I had a heart,
But inside this old carcass a young girl still dwells,
And now and again my battered heart swells.

I remember the joys, I remember the pain,
And I’m loving and living life over again,
I think of the years, all too few — gone too fast,
And accept the stark fact that nothing can last –
So I open your eyes, nurses, open and see,
Not a crabby old woman, look closer, nurses — see ME!

You are a blend of the ages you have experienced and Michael could behave like a 10 year old but also like a 50year old depending on the situation.
Most children didn´t hurt him and he was inspired by them.

I think this thread should be moved to the controversy board. Personally I have tried to not focus on the new allegations, at this moment thats what they are, simply words. I used to read the thread regularly but it was very depressing. I try to focus on Michaels art and the wonderful memories I/we have from him. Untill there is clear evidence that Michael is guilty of any of theese allegations this story will remain BS, and should therefore be placed in the conrtoversy thread. Coming every now and then into the News setcion and beeing reminded of this new case is quite depressing actually. And imo Alfonso's comments isnt actually news, just comments.

Moving this thread to the "Trial and tribulations" forum, where we discuss allegations, trials and other such matters

See Me
What do you see, nurses, what do you see?
Are you thinking, when you look at me –
A crabby old woman, not very wise,
Uncertain of habit, with far-away eyes,
Who dribbles her food and makes no reply,
When you say in a loud voice — “I do wish you’d try.”

Who seems not to notice the things that you do,
And forever is losing a stocking or shoe,
Who unresisting or not, lets you do as you will,
With bathing and feeding, the long day to fill.
Is that what you’re thinking, is that what you see?
Then open your eyes, nurse, you’re looking at ME…
I’ll tell you who I am, as I sit here so still;
As I rise at your bidding, as I eat at your will.

I’m a small child of ten with a father and mother,
Brothers and sisters, who love one another,
A young girl of sixteen with wings on her feet.
Dreaming that soon now a lover she’ll meet;
A bride soon at twenty — my heart gives a leap,
Remembering the vows that I promised to keep;
At twenty-five now I have young of my own,
Who need me to build a secure, happy home;
A woman of thirty, my young now grow fast,
Bound to each other with ties that should last;
At forty, my young sons have grown and are gone,
But my man’s beside me to see I don’t mourn;
At fifty once more babies play ’round my knee,
Again we know children, my loved one and me.

Dark days are upon me, my husband is dead,
I look at the future, I shudder with dread,
For my young are all rearing young of their own,
And I think of the years and the love that I’ve known;
I’m an old woman now and nature is cruel –
‘Tis her jest to make old age look like a fool.

The body is crumbled, grace and vigor depart,
There is now a stone where once I had a heart,
But inside this old carcass a young girl still dwells,
And now and again my battered heart swells.

I remember the joys, I remember the pain,
And I’m loving and living life over again,
I think of the years, all too few — gone too fast,
And accept the stark fact that nothing can last –
So I open your eyes, nurses, open and see,
Not a crabby old woman, look closer, nurses — see ME!

this is beautiful:cry:

Thank you! qbee. I meant of course the Trials and tribulations forum :)

Before his role as Carlton Banks on the hit NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, even before his role as Ricky Schroeder's friend Silver Spoons, Alfonso was already a recognized personality. Since 1983 he had been starring in the Broadway musical The Tap Dance Kid. His talents at acting and dancing impressed media types so much that, in 1984, he was cast in a Pepsi commercial with members of the Jackson family, as well as The Gloved One himself, Michael Jackson.

In the video, which you'll see after the jump, Alfonso is decked out in full Jackson garb, circa the Thriller era. As he's showing off to his friends he runs into Michael and his siblings. Rather then getting angry, the Jacksons dance along with Alfonso in his friends, because that is what you did back in the 1980's. If you grew up in the during this time and don't remember this commercial, it will come back to you as soon as you watch the first five seconds.
http://www.aoltv.com/2006/09/24/alfonso-ribeiro-a-member-of-the-pepsi-generation-video/

qL421.jpg

That's how we see the different young men, these various 12 year old's, throughout Michael's life, that would dress like Michael, as in mini-Michael Jackson's. Somehow, from a Pepsi commercial, the innocence of a 12 year old kid, dressed like Michael Jackson turned dark through the year's. How is it the innocence of Alfonso Ribeiro, dressed like a mini-Michael Jackson was so cute and then when 12 year old Jordy Chandler does it, it goes so dark and tainted? It's so gross how this evolution was processed. Michael Jackson was a good role model for children to emulate and then Evan Chandler took this, dressing like Michael Jackson, to a heightened nightmare, something to be ashamed of. That Evan Chandler's allegation's against Michael Jackson had to be true, because his son dressed like Michael Jackson. Evan Chandler besmirching Michael Jackson over his son, Jordy Chandler, dressing like Michael Jackson, just had to prove that Michael Jackson was inappropriate with 12 year old boy's. To stoop that low in a smear campaign all in the name of money! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxR2p88_btw

U forget its twenty years ago. everyones getting old.

U forget its twenty years ago. everyones getting old.
You're right exactly 20 years ago. First search warrants out 21 aug, and the allegations hit the media 23rd. And 20 yrs later we learn from the aeg trial that he had an extraordinarily painful scalp op and had to deal with an extended pain management regime from his doctors during the time of his relationship with the chandlers and the fall out, feb-aug, and then had to go off on his massive world tour and start performing as the allegations hit the media. What a ghastly year for him.

Before his role as Carlton Banks on the hit NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, even before his role as Ricky Schroeder's friend Silver Spoons, Alfonso was already a recognized personality. Since 1983 he had been starring in the Broadway musical The Tap Dance Kid. His talents at acting and dancing impressed media types so much that, in 1984, he was cast in a Pepsi commercial with members of the Jackson family, as well as The Gloved One himself, Michael Jackson.

In the video, which you'll see after the jump, Alfonso is decked out in full Jackson garb, circa the Thriller era. As he's showing off to his friends he runs into Michael and his siblings. Rather then getting angry, the Jacksons dance along with Alfonso in his friends, because that is what you did back in the 1980's. If you grew up in the during this time and don't remember this commercial, it will come back to you as soon as you watch the first five seconds.
http://www.aoltv.com/2006/09/24/alfonso-ribeiro-a-member-of-the-pepsi-generation-video/

qL421.jpg

That's how we see the different young men, these various 12 year old's, throughout Michael's life, that would dress like Michael, as in mini-Michael Jackson's. Somehow, from a Pepsi commercial, the innocence of a 12 year old kid, dressed like Michael Jackson turned dark through the year's. How is it the innocence of Alfonso Ribeiro, dressed like a mini-Michael Jackson was so cute and then when 12 year old Jordy Chandler does it, it goes so dark and tainted? It's so gross how this evolution was processed. Michael Jackson was a good role model for children to emulate and then Evan Chandler took this, dressing like Michael Jackson, to a heightened nightmare, something to be ashamed of. That Evan Chandler's allegation's against Michael Jackson had to be true, because his son dressed like Michael Jackson. Evan Chandler besmirching Michael Jackson over his son, Jordy Chandler, dressing like Michael Jackson, just had to prove that Michael Jackson was inappropriate with 12 year old boy's. To stoop that low in a smear campaign all in the name of money! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxR2p88_btw

Hold up that was really carlton????? :eek:

It's been almost 30 year's since he performed with Michael and got to dress like Michael. Which still irks me that Evan Chandler used this about the "lost boys" dressing like Michael. To make it appear that it wasn't innocent and was causing his son to reject Evan Chandler.

It gets absurd, because I sometimes think that Michael kept wearing the fedora, after Paul McCartney wore it in "Say, Say, Say." Jordy Chandler, in his mini - Michael wear, like Alfonso did in the 1984 Pepsi commercial, and Jordy wore a fedora, like Paul McCartney did in "Say, Say, Say." And yet nobody even mentions that Alfonso Ribeiro started it all, dressing like Michael Jackson. Wade Robson can now get in line. He thinks he was Michael's first and it all started with Alfonso Ribeiro aka Carlton!

If MJ was a pedo, he would have aduse Alfonso. I agree I will never believe it either due to the way the accusers bahave and MJ has NEVER tried to run, he NEVER changed his story, etc. MJ told us for years he had a skin problem and depended on meds and he was RIGHT whereas all those talking heads acting like experts on MJ when I remember all of them said he bleach his skin and was faking being depended on meds.

^^Oh I forgot that. They did say he faked being dependent on meds to avoid that case & being arrested.

^^Oh I forgot that. They did say he faked being dependent on meds to avoid that case & being arrested.

You mean in 1993? Yeah, the media was like that then. Even though there was no arrest warrant against him, so how did he run from being arrested? Now we know he told the truth all along (not that I had any doubt). Actually he could have complained even more if he wanted, by disclosing he had a painful scalp surgery earlier that year.

You mean in 1993? Yeah, the media was like that then. Even though there was no arrest warrant against him, so how did he run from being arrested? Now we know he told the truth all along (not that I had any doubt). Actually he could have complained even more if he wanted, by disclosing he had a painful scalp surgery earlier that year.

If he complained more the media would have called him a drama queen

The media were disgusting then and they're disgusting now.
Just yesterday I saw a story on the Daily Mail website talking about the Final of X Factor UK - THE Biggest show on UK TV. They stated that Elton John and Gary Barlow kissed on the lips and provided a screenshot that appeared to confirm the story. However, I saw that show with my wife last night and it didn't happen. The Daily Mail is so up itself that it thinks it can tell a blatant lie about the biggest show on UK TV and nobody's going to notice. Idiots.

Anyway, Alfonso just finished his time on the UK's "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Outta Here!" TV show. I was hoping to see him say something about MJ but he didn't. Well, if he did, they didn't broadcast it. Alfonso came across as a really nice guy. A bit loud (but then we Brits think all Americans are :ph34r:), but definitely a nice guy.

Back