An idea for a "new" release: Thriller Revisited (plus outtakes)

I still cannot believe the biggest artist on earth.

The best live performer ever lived - and the person who single-gloved changed the way musicvideos were made.

And still - in 2021 we do not have anything in HD. So many live performances/concerts should be released. They could easily release 5-6 BAD tour concerts. The set-list changed drastic from 1987 to 1988 - it's almost like to different concerts. - The change in set-list is almost bigger between 1987 and 1988 than the Victory concert and BAD tour...

The shortfilms/musicvideos was also what he was very known for and broke all records. - Still we only have them in 4:3 SD low quality. - Now I do not know if it is possible to make them into 16:9 - I do not want them to cut too much from top and bottom. - But if it was shot on 32 mm they would be 16:9 but then made into 4:3 to fit the old-fashioned TV's people had back then. - Imagine if they were released in 4K(8K?) and 16:9. - that would be amazing.

Also - all the one-of performances needs to be officially released. The Estate sure could buy the rights or make deals to make it possible. Elizabeth Taylor - Elizabeth I love you. Sammy Davies Jr. - You Were there (also rehearsal) etc. etc. - The only thing we have is MTV 1995, Motown 25th and then I think Ed Sullivan released a DVD with The JAcksons - so surely MJ Estate could pay to include it in their release too. - All these special performances needs to be released.

Maybe they can find some footage from One Night Only, United We Stand etc.

It's quite frankly unbelievable.

I'm not too fan of those demos (except that of P.Y.T. which is like a completely different song) so I would place them all at the beginning or end of the CD/playlist.

Not sure if someones mentioned them but why not add:
- "There must be more to life than this" (song and solo demo)
- Both versions of "Someone in the dark"
- "Scared of the Moon" (is it considered a Bad or Thriller era song?, it goes well with Someone in the dark)
- We are the world (demo)
- Then, is "For all time" a Thriller or a Dangerous track ?

(Also, I don't think that most remasters from after 2000 are any good.)

I forgot... how about "When you wish upon a star" getting into that list ?

Or maybe it shouldn't go with Thriller since it's go pieces of "Ease on down the road" in it... But I would really like to see that properly released.

Both “Scared of the Moon” and “We Are the World” are Bad era demos.

“For All Time” is Dangerous era.

Back