Annual ‘Thriller’ parade keeps Jackson’s phenomenon going

******* ?@MJFacts1
We did it! Michael Jackson's short film "Thriller" is currently at No. 1 on the U.S. iTunes Charts! #MJLegend
CwLG-woVUAAe27f.jpg

CwJosL6UIAA9CoE.jpg

sanemjfan ?@sanemjfan
Glad to see that #Thriller is the #1 video on iTunes! Glad to see the legacy continue! #MichaelJackson

CwQR9vmWIAAa4Ta.jpg

Bango ?@BucksBango
Who wore it better?!
1. @BucksBango
2. @SixersFranklin
3. @clutchthebear
#Thriller #MichaelJackson #MyPictureIsBiggerSoPickMe
CwRG-SXUAAErHGi.jpg

Pop Culture News@P0PCultureNews

'Thriller' by Michael Jackson topped the 4 MILLION mark in digital sales this week.
CwQ5mrtWgAAulFh.jpg

True. I always hear their Christmas album on the radio, at the mall, at the stores, at my house. :)

This is completely unrelated but I know you're a big bruno mars fan, as am I, so I was wondering if you've had the time to see Bruno Mars live rendition of the song he co-wrote for adele "All I Ask"? If so what are you're thoughts on that? I loved it! Though I think the key was a little bit too high. But he still hit all the notes perfectly :)
[youtube]oCtYekG1qBc[/youtube]

This is completely unrelated but I know you're a big bruno mars fan, as am I, so I was wondering if you've had the time to see Bruno Mars live rendition of the song he co-wrote for adele "All I Ask"? If so what are you're thoughts on that? I loved it! Though I think the key was a little bit too high. But he still hit all the notes perfectly :)
[youtube]oCtYekG1qBc[/youtube]
No! I hadn't til now and thank you so much for thinking of me. I read some pretty good recent interviews where he talked about Adele.
This is such a great song and I agree-he was wonderful. Such a heartbreaking song too-I can imagine Michael singing it.
Bruno's such a great talent. Love that 'drop the mic' moment turned into 'drop the entire mic stand'. Lol.

******* ?@MJFacts1
We did it! Michael Jackson's short film "Thriller" is currently at No. 1 on the U.S. iTunes Charts! #MJLegend
CwLG-woVUAAe27f.jpg

CwJosL6UIAA9CoE.jpg

sanemjfan ?@sanemjfan
Glad to see that #Thriller is the #1 video on iTunes! Glad to see the legacy continue! #MichaelJackson
From 2016. Could it happen this year? 🤔

I saw on Twitter that it happened in 2019, which is incredible. It was some little video showing all the Thriller tributes during 2019. I'll try to find it!
I didn't get around to checking what happened in 2019. It would be cool to know that people were still keeping the faith.

I really enjoyed looking at all of this Thriller parade stuff. Didn't know that Thriller parades and flash mobs were still a thing but there seem to be loads, at least in the US. I'm posting this little item from Lexington. They already did their Thriller parade on Saturday 22 Oct 2022 but it's so cute:

Then there is this little item - it's really old, from 2011, and it's really, really short but it's about Kim Blank who was one of the dancers on the video. Here's a nice quote:

"There are specificities in the quirky character of the moves and gestures, and in the rhythms that really make you concentrate...and then there was the need to be precise as a group...and more than precise...intense, in feeling and execution," says Ms. Blank. In other words, being undead is no easy walk in the graveyard, but that's no surprise.

Link:

Last edited:
I saw on Twitter that it happened in 2019, which is incredible. It was some little video showing all the Thriller tributes during 2019. I'll try to find it!
UGH I cannot find the tweet!! I'm sorry. I had thought about posting it somewhere last night, but I forgot to and now I can't find it :(

I didn't get around to checking what happened in 2019. It would be cool to know that people were still keeping the faith.

I really enjoyed looking at all of this Thriller parade stuff. Didn't know that Thriller parades and flash mobs were still a thing but there seem to be loads, at least in the US. I'm posting this little item from Lexington. They already did their Thriller parade on Saturday 22 Oct 2022 but it's so cute:

I love this!! 😍

I do know it's a thing in the US still. I actually saw some advertisements recruiting people to participate in some major US cities that were circulating different fan groups. It makes me so proud to see it :)

UGH I cannot find the tweet!! I'm sorry. I had thought about posting it somewhere last night, but I forgot to and now I can't find it :(
Glad it's not just me who does this! The number of times I've let go of something awesome ... Gah!

I do know it's a thing in the US still. I actually saw some advertisements recruiting people to participate in some major US cities that were circulating different fan groups.
Yes, I saw some ads also. So cool.

It makes me so proud to see it :)
I understand. When I saw how many of these things are happening / have just happened I did think, 'Go, USA!' That said, they are happening elsewhere, too. The first one I found was from Belfast, Northern Ireland. 🙂

Glad it's not just me who does this! The number of times I've let go of something awesome ... Gah!
"you are not alone" lol

I understand. When I saw how many of these things are happening / have just happened I did think, 'Go, USA!' That said, they are happening elsewhere, too. The first one I found was from Belfast, Northern Ireland. 🙂
Oh, I didn't mean proud as an American I meant proud as an MJ fan!! 😂 I am so thrilled when I see him being honored all throughout the world. His global reach is so exciting. I posted some tweets recently in the "positive tweets" thread of a different global videos. Not necessarily the same kind of fun uplifting vibe as the Thriller dances, but still absolutely demonstrate his power ❤️

Oh, I didn't mean proud as an American I meant proud as an MJ fan!! 😂 I am so thrilled when I see him being honored all throughout the world. His global reach is so exciting.
It really is. That said, I loved the 2022 'Thriller parade' activity in America just bc it was all so difficult for him there in the 2000's. Of course, he still had a loyal fanbase but the whole thing was just so ... I dunno ...

I posted some tweets recently in the "positive tweets" thread of a different global videos. Not necessarily the same kind of fun uplifting vibe as the Thriller dances, but still absolutely demonstrate his power ❤️
I saw those. Stuff like that is awesome. Love it. I posted a lovely item on another thread. It was a CBC report from a young woman who grew up in the Middle East in the 1980's, listening to Michael's music. Very moving.

This is from Nov 2021. Not really a 'flash mob'. Just her and her dancers but they do a great job.

Love it.

Back