Answer Yes or No

...but it already exists lol. Santana (Whatever Happens) and David Foster (Childhood).
No, I know. WH is one of my top faves. And Carlos Santana is one of my all-time fave guitarists.

I thought you were talking about people producing Michael, not doing a guest musician slot.

Now I'm confused, lol.

No, I know. WH is one of my top faves. And Carlos Santana is one of my all-time fave guitarists.

I thought you were talking about people producing Michael, not doing a guest musician slot.

Now I'm confused, lol.
I am being kind of loose with it. Mostly producing is what I'm talking about. I consider WH more a co-production between Teddy Riley and Santana but I understand how's there not much overlap. You're on the right track then, my fault

Even then, that's still basically doing what he did with Quincy again. But maybe there'd be a whole new dynamic that'd really make for some high art.
See, I can't agree with that. I know Q had this awesome background in jazz - total respect to the guy - and he started so young and worked with all the greats. But someone like Herbie Hancock would bring stuff that Q doesn't even know exists. I'm not a musician so I can't explain what I mean. But I can feel it in my bones, lol.

Someone like HH - I truly think something really radical could have happened.

Just to be clear, I don't want to change anything from Michael's post-Q career. I'm not the musical genius, he is! I'm happy with what he did.

But my mind is going 200mph atm! Thinking of what might have been. In another universe.

But maybe there'd be a whole new dynamic that'd really make for some high art.
That's where my thinking was going. Michael made some great art but there was room for him to take it even higher, imo. He would have to have worked with particular types of artists to get there, tho'. It could have been a David Bowie / Brian Eno thing. But loads better than that.

This is really amusing for me bc I don't usually do the 'what if' thing with Michael. I'm so contented with what he did leave us. But this has got my brain going like crazy! :ROFLMAO:

Back