Any ideas on when each available MJ concert footage was leaked/broadcatsed and who leaked/broadcasted them?

mymj2022

Proud Member
Posting this here because I'm not able to find a source on the internet regarding the initial broadcast dates of concerts from the HIStory tour like Munich, Tunis, etc. or some of the other concerts like Buenos Aires, Bremen from the DWT or the half shows from the Bad Tour, and I thought it would be a good idea if we collected all info regarding this. Would appreciate if someone points out as much as they know about this topic. (Feel free to put all the dates if there were multiple broadcasts of a concert by different channels)

the only shows aired on TV worldwide were:
Munich 1997, Bucharest 1992, New York 2001

the we have tons of HWT shows aired in different countries in 96/97
and Yokohama 1987 which aired in Japan.

All the other stuff was not aired on TV.

Back in the 1990's and probably in the 1980's there was a huge black market for concert videos. People would go to a concert and video tape it and then sell copies of it. In my city, Dublin Ireland I remember at least 2 independent music shops if not more who sold bootleg video tapes of concerts. Some were very good quality, some were not. I bought the Dublin History concert on bootleg VHS and I still have it.

Then many of the old VHS video tapes were converted to DVD and then eventually put online.

Back in the 1990's and probably in the 1980's there was a huge black market for concert videos. People would go to a concert and video tape it and then sell copies of it. In my city, Dublin Ireland I remember at least 2 independent music shops if not more who sold bootleg video tapes of concerts. Some were very good quality, some were not. I bought the Dublin History concert on bootleg VHS and I still have it.

Then many of the old VHS video tapes were converted to DVD and then eventually put online.
MJNI had a tape trade thing too

That reminds me, I read a few weeks ago on the independent.ie website about the Cork Bad tour concerts.

Concert merchandise was a lucrative add-on for the Brockum Corporation, an American company that supplied the official Jackson merchandise and who ordered an injunction and court order against anybody daring sell their own wares, but that didn’t stop illegal bootleg tapes of the concert cropping up in the days following.

A “leather clad vendor” gave a tip-off that the concert had been recorded by a “high-definition Japanese recorder not normally available on a commercial basis”. These black market tapes were then sold on prominent places like Dublin’s O’Connell Street, much to the chagrin of official merchandise sellers.

I wonder what happened to those concert tapes?

A “leather clad vendor” gave a tip-off that the concert had been recorded by a “high-definition Japanese recorder not normally available on a commercial basis”. These black market tapes were then sold on prominent places like Dublin’s O’Connell Street, much to the chagrin of official merchandise sellers.

I wonder what happened to those concert tapes?

Thats exactly what I was talking about. It was big business back then. Those concert tapes would have been sold in the various shops and at street markets. The shops I bought stuff in closed down around 2000 maybe?? I guess any of the shops that still had video tapes got them transferred to dvd and then just dumped the video tapes. Back when DVDs started, no one cared about keeping vhs tapes and most were just dumped.

the only shows aired on TV worldwide were:
Munich 1997, Bucharest 1992, New York 2001

the we have tons of HWT shows aired in different countries in 96/97
and Yokohama 1987 which aired in Japan.

All the other stuff was not aired on TV.
Bucharest 1996 aired on ABC if I'm not mistaken. I remember some of the early bootlegs in circulation had the ABC logo on the bottom right corner.

Bucharest 1996 aired on ABC if I'm not mistaken. I remember some of the early bootlegs in circulation had the ABC logo on the bottom right corner.
Yep, it was a channel called Tele7ABC. It's dead and gone for years, though.

Back